DETECTIVE PIKACHU starring Ryan Reynolds. *Live action Pokemon movie*

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
15 minutes until I see this shyt. I am rarely moved by nostalgia but even now I can already feel it in my bones. Pokémon dominated a good couple years of my high school life, from the games to the anime series to drawing my own retarded ass comic strips starring Pokémon in class every day.:mjcry:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just got out, it was good but not spectacular. It's funny how most people say this is a good setup for the Pokémon universe but I thought the story (which is barebones with every development getting thrown into the characters' laps) actually got in the way of that, and they could've shown off more in a traditional 'Pokémon trainer competes in tournament' storyline (with some outside plot).

Anyway, they did nail all the Pokémon and even though it never goes into high gear the story still creates some great set pieces, plus the atmosphere (a souped up anime version of London plus a great soundtrack) does give off the sense of a unique world.

It's not the homerun I had hoped for but it will solidify the Pokémon brand's spot in live action cinema.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Brehs....yall dudes who grew up with Pokemon have a piece of your brain attached to it..

Brain scans reveal a "pokémon region" in adults who played as kids

Brain scans reveal a ‘pokémon region’ in adults who played as kids

For the study, published today in the journal Nature Human Behavior, researchers recruited 11 adults who were “experienced” Pokémon players — meaning they began playing between the ages of five and eight, continued for a while, and then played again as adults — and 11 novices. First, they tested all of the participants on the names of pokémon to make sure the pros actually could tell a Clefairy from a Chansey. Next, they scanned the participants’ brains while showing them images of all 150 original pokémon (in rounds of eight) alongside other images, like animals, faces, cars, words, corridors, and other cartoons. In experienced players, a specific region responded more to the pokémon than to these other images. For novices, this region — which is called the occipitotemporal sulcus and often processes animal images — didn’t show a preference for pokémon.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Just got out, it was good but not spectacular. It's funny how most people say this is a good setup for the Pokémon universe but I thought the story (which is barebones with every development getting thrown into the characters' laps) actually got in the way of that, and they could've shown off more in a traditional 'Pokémon trainer competes in tournament' storyline (with some outside plot).

Anyway, they did nail all the Pokémon and even though it never goes into high gear the story still creates some great set pieces, plus the atmosphere (a souped up anime version of London plus a great soundtrack) does give off the sense of a unique world.

It's not the homerun I had hoped for but it will solidify the Pokémon brand's spot in live action cinema.
Yeah my positives outweigh the negatives by a lot for me. shyt had me out here on my Pokemon Go grind heavy earlier :wow: