bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Lightblade is THE definition of a GM.. geez got it done.had to clutch up twice on a strand hunter but we Gucci......since have beaten the corrupted several times am going to assume the moon gm will be the Chinese torture Gm

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
so what u nikkas, specially the older ones think about aztecross new vid?? is he right or just a reddit complainer who should be happy with all the bugs and reskins ,while paying more???? that's what u nikkas saying about nikkas that complain about the shyt no lol

Daps
Reppin
London
so what u nikkas, specially the older ones think about aztecross new vid?? is he right or just a reddit complainer who should be happy with all the bugs and reskins ,while paying more???? that's what u nikkas saying about nikkas that complain about the shyt no lol
He's 100% correct. If Bungie had not created Halo and arguably one of the best shooter gameplay sandboxes then they would have failed back in 2014. If Borderlands had the shooting and movement of Destiny 2 with raids on the same spectacle level then no one would be playing Destiny. Destiny does shooting very well but it sucks in loot, balancing and power fantasy. Bungie don't know how to do microtransactions on purpose and the marjority of players have been letting it slide. I have been playing Warframe since 2015 and to date it has one of the best microtransaction models.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I imagine he's probably getting pushback on it because the tone was definitely that of a wife who got pissed off at you for putting a dish in the sink instead of the dishwasher for the hundredth time, and blew up about everything, but he's right, even though if we're being honest, some of this is shyt that the loudest parts of the community have been passively asking for.

As someone who has next to no interaction with Eververse, I had absolutely no clue how bad the costs of armor cosmetics are, and how they're doing the old school Microsoft Points deal where amounts you buy, and amounts you need never match up.

Regarding the season pass price increase, and Deluxe Edition: it absolutely fukking sucks, is definitely an indirect case of paying for in game advantages, with being able to get Exotics early. However, and this is the part that's going to be hard for a lot of people to swallow, these fukking idiots asked for this. For YEARS, the subreddit has been talking about how there's no advantage to buying the deluxe edition of each expansion since the rewards weren't enough, and the cost was the same as just buying seasons piecemeal as they get released. There was literally no scenario where this didn't end in making individual seasons more expensive to increase the value of just buying the deluxe. You want more than cosmetics for buying the deluxe? A new exotic everyone else isn't getting for a couple of seasons is that incentive. What, exactly, did they expect?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
one, people asked for this
two, its paid for the seasonal model that - even though people online love to hate on - does fukking numbers. and it supported their independence from acti
three, and most importantly destiny 2 is free to play now

my only gripe is with that support going towards marathon or at least *not* towards dedicated servers. even with the game's hiccups and instability these days, its still dramatically better than any other cross gen game that's available on essentially every platform in existence and some that no longer exist lol

Daps
Reppin
London
two, its paid for the seasonal model that - even though people online love to hate on - does fukking numbers. and it supported their independence from acti

my only gripe is with that support going towards marathon or at least *not* towards dedicated servers. even with the game's hiccups and instability these days, its still dramatically better than any other cross gen game that's available on essentially every platform in existence and some that no longer exist lol
How much of the game are you really playing for free though ? The game is free to try.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How much of the game are really playing for free though ? The game is free to try.
F2P *drastically* changes a model.

Anyone mad about Destiny's monetization is doing it under the lens that they've been 'loyal customers' since ____. Which is fine, but they need to understand that this isn't the same buy once and wait for the big updates stuff that was the plan back when D2 released in 2017.

Being persistently accessible to a far larger player-base means that they have to provide something available to any kind of spender. That means there has to be a way for a customer to spend 500 silver just as easily as 50,000.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What fukks me up is it it seems like people legitimately JUST put two and two together and realized that PvP support was going to Marathon instead of Destiny. Ain't got a new map in who knows how long, and what the fukk you think all these PvP team people who didn't leave the company but weren't working on Destiny were doing? :skip:

But even with that, I can almost guarantee that they have data that showed early on that PvP was lagging being PvE in engagement, and thus qualification for dev time and money.

But you definitely hit the nail on the head with saying that the pricing structure, as shytty as it is, is paying for the shyt they're asking for.

You want shyt to come out of the vault? Gotta pay for redesigns, and engineering to avoid the game ballooning in size again.

Want more substantial seasons? shyt ain't developing itself for free.

I think a lot of people drastically underestimate the cost of keeping a content faucet like Destiny going. I really wish there was a more streamlined way to pay for and manage stuff, but something like this was eventually going to happen, as it's the only outcome on the table when you try to give almost everyone what they want.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Aztecross is completely and totally right. It started innocently enough, but has become total bullshyt.
how else is a 6 year old game supposed to continue cranking out new content, rebuild their entire engine, and expand to new platforms :skip: nobody is making day 1 players by the assassins creed ornament packs

and if destiny reddit wanted to actually compare their marketplace's trajectory to other games that have stood for the same timeframe on multiple platforms instead of acting like they're the most oppressed consumer base in the industry, then they'd be asking for a straight up subscription service

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
how else is a 6 year old game supposed to continue cranking out new content, rebuild their entire engine, and expand to new platforms :skip: nobody is making day 1 players by the assassins creed ornament packs

and if destiny reddit wanted to actually compare their marketplace's trajectory to other games that have stood for the same timeframe on multiple platforms instead of acting like they're the most oppressed consumer base in the industry, then they'd be asking for a straight up subscription service
Did you watch the video? Destiny 2 crossed the line into Pay To Win, and is squeezing the fanbase at a ridiculous rate. Anything that can be behind a paywall is now behind one. Forcing people to buy more silver than needed, exotics seasons early for pre-ordering, paying to skip levels, they're using every underhanded trick in the book. There's no way you can say things aren't intentionally set up to trick people out of their money, I've had to explain the pricing to people countless times. The "free to play" is also bullshyt because all content worth a shyt is behind a paywall, or in the Content Vault:martin:Content I PAID FOR ALREADY. Not to mention the recycled content, which is why I don't feel too much sympathy for Bungie, they cut every corner imaginable. The new scam is brining back old locations, or really just parts of them (Titan), to half-ass a "new" environment using old assets already made.

Then there are the technical issues, not even going there. Like I said in the Marathon thread, they're up 3.6 Billion, ON TOP of what they were already making, NO excuse not to fix this game, especially as they are demanding more and more money every year.

I'd rather pay a higher price for everything non-cosmetic, but they would have to keep fresh content and fix the damn game. They have devolved into near scammery.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Did you watch the video? Destiny 2 crossed the line into Pay To Win, and is squeezing the fanbase at a ridiculous rate. Anything that can be behind a paywall is now behind one. Forcing people to buy more silver than needed, exotics seasons early for pre-ordering, paying to skip levels, they're using every underhanded trick in the book. There's no way you can say things aren't intentionally set up to trick people out of their money, I've had to explain the pricing to people countless times. The "free to play" is also bullshyt because all content worth a shyt is behind a paywall, or in the Content Vault:martin:Content I PAID FOR ALREADY. Not to mention the recycled content, which is why I don't feel too much sympathy for Bungie, they cut every corner imaginable. The new scam is brining back old locations, or really just parts of them (Titan), to half-ass a "new" environment using old assets already made.

Then there are the technical issues, not even going there. Like I said in the Marathon thread, they're up 3.6 Billion, NO excuse not to fix this game, especially as they are demanding more and more money every year.

I'd rather pay a higher price for everything non-cosmetic, but they would have to keep fresh content and fix the damn game. They have devolved into near scammery.
I did watch the video, and that's why I led with - 1) the exact same ppl asked for this (and obviously it worked because the player count is way up), 2) everyone enjoys the new content despite how much ppl online cry nonsense, and 3) this is free to play now.

If you're framing any monetization discussion on "im a loyal customer" or "back when eververse first started", then you've lost the narrative. Especially this PayToWin shyt :dead: win WHAT lmao. a raid t-shirt you might get half a year later?

the content you already paid for being refurbished and updated for the new physics engine? battlegrounds replacing strikes that would've been relics in the new gameplay environment anyways? or we actually mad about losing the Io patrol zone?

the only people with a real bone to pick on the complaints is the gambit players lol. the scope of destiny complaints is titles not working and beaver error codes every other week. like accounts got deleted or something i swear....

so going back to the fact that business exists to make money and making money is how they stay alive - why would players not simply ask for a subscription service with guarantees and recurring loyalty bonuses? the answer is just as simple as the community will make an expansion a best seller on multiple platforms 9 months before release and have mtx packages in the top 25 in every marketplace.

the same dude complaining about mtx is the guy who'll throw up a trailer breaking down new stuff to spend money on frame by frame.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I did watch the video, and that's why I led with - 1) the exact same ppl asked for this (and obviously it worked because the player count is way up), 2) everyone enjoys the new content despite how much ppl online cry nonsense, and 3) this is free to play now. Free to play is a smokescreen. As said by many, it's a glorified demo.

If you're framing any monetization discussion on "im a loyal customer" or "back when eververse first started", then you've lost the narrative. Especially this PayToWin shyt :dead: win WHAT lmao. a raid t-shirt you might get half a year later? That's not the point. This kind of shyt is the ultimate slippery slope. The Ghallarhorn fiasco was ridiculous, who's to say next time they pull that, whatever weapon they dangle is magically part o a weapon class buff that makes it the best DPS in the game? One of the few weapons that makes the new raid feasible for non-godlike players? Where do you draw the line? The ramifications for PvP are much worse.

the content you already paid for being refurbished and updated for the new physics engine? battlegrounds replacing strikes that would've been relics in the new gameplay environment anyways? or we actually mad about losing the Io patrol zone? IDGAF, I paid for it. That's their problem.

the only people with a real bone to pick on the complaints is the gambit players lol. the scope of destiny complaints is titles not working and beaver error codes every other week. like accounts got deleted or something i swear.... The game barely works at times, yet they ask for more and more money. That's supposed to be cool?:beli:

so going back to the fact that business exists to make money and making money is how they stay alive - why would players not simply ask for a subscription service with guarantees and recurring loyalty bonuses? the answer is just as simple as the community will make an expansion a best seller on multiple platforms 9 months before release and have mtx packages in the top 25 in every marketplace.

the same dude complaining about mtx is the guy who'll throw up a trailer breaking down new stuff to spend money on frame by frame.
Oh, and from the comments:

@HappyCetacean

20 hours ago
You missed a big one: This season, rank 7 is locked behind leveling up the seasonal vendor, so armor charge mods including elemental surges (solar surge, stat bumps, etc.) are only obtainable if you buy the season. New Free to Play guardians will be doing 22% less damage than paying guardians despite Bungie originally unlocking all mods at rank 6 when Lightfall released.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
free to play not being able to build for end game because they can't even access end game is crazy why

edit: actually now that i think on it, why do people even think that matters :russ: the last time bungie disclosed its surveys on the mod system, the vast majority of players didn't even touch it. on one hand bungie is pushing players away with restrictive practices, on the other they don't even have a text description in game telling you what the benefits of mods are lol

Last edited: