Desiigner Nike trying to steal NYC's Jellyfam Future Success?

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that's not their slogan than this story has blown up for no reason. Literally the only correlation to this sneaker and JellyFam is the use of grapes smh which as we see are in fact Paul George's favorite food.
Yea i think its a bit of a reach, which is probably why Slam pulled their original article linking the two

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
bbb and jellyfam blowing up independently could easily spark more movements from top prospects getting inspired by them after seeing they can create a brand without brands like nike:mjgrin: next thing u know u have a whole generation of nba players with their own movement/brand creating merch and sneakers without the help of big brands thus phasing them out in the basketball sneaker category going forward:mjgrin:

and if u dont know about jellyfam then u clearly arent in touch with whats going on in the basketball world outside of the nba
There's a difference between JellyFam and BBB. Jelly Fam is a clique everyone wants to join based on a move everyone tries to perfect. BBB is a litmus test as to whether you the player should try this sneaker business on your own. People wanna get with Jelly Fam. BBB is gonna have 3 clients.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
There's a difference between JellyFam and BBB. Jelly Fam is a clique everyone wants to join based on a move everyone tries to perfect. BBB is a litmus test as to whether you the player should try this sneaker business on your own. People wanna get with Jelly Fam. BBB is gonna have 3 clients.
yea im aware that jellyfam isnt necessarily pushing any merch or promoting themselves as a brand but as someone suggested earlier in this thread they should have a parental figure similar to lavar with BBB pushing merch that way they dont violate any ncaa regulations but still have their own brand out there.. but they are a big movement who organically grew in popularity and blew up in the basketball world without the co-sign or push of any big corporation initially, I feel like they could be just like BBB in that sense if they actually did decide to make merch and go from there

either that or someone else is gonna monetize off the movement hence these sneakers:manny:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WOW. I don't get why Isaiah Washington didn't get a copyright/start a brand of t-shirts or something before it blew up, but its not like they own the emoji. :yeshrug:

Maybe Nike is just doing their groundwork and they'll sign jelly fam players if they make it to the NBA in a year or 2:ehh:

on another note, I know the west coast guys who started "SHIFT TEAM" a few years back are probably :martin: watching Jelly Fam blow up :skip:

Last edited:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
* inserts pun about sour grapes*

:troll:

What I hope is these kids notice how much of the culture they actually are and how much nike leeches off of them. Yes you can make a bigger amount through their endorsement deals but if they come together collectively and all the new cats go in a different direction and someone else perhaps BBB incorporates them into other segments of their brand. BBB would be more authentic to the young ballers coming up. It'd rep their culture more. Except BBB would have to change it's price point if it wants to capture a young market.

Nike and adidas though have their tentacles in everything. Including the basketball camps and what not

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
so dudes stealing fingerolls are being stolen from by nike who is being stolen from, sorry....organized by Cam'ron and everyone is complaining about Nike? :russ:George Gevin's arthritic fingers are rolling in their hospital bed

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
so dudes stealing fingerolls are being stolen from by nike who is being stolen from, sorry....organized by Cam'ron and everyone is complaining about Nike? :russ:George Gevin's arthritic fingers are rolling in their hospital bed
they made it a movement they deserve to profit off it
and george gervin never jellied
a jelly is a layup with flair not the standard iceman statue of liberty finger roll