Deray Mckesson & 101 other protesters arrested in Baton Rouge..UPDATE: Deray released..:dead: @ pics

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
I've asked for receipts on this.

Until someone clarifies and cites where it's legal for a cop to arrest a civilian without any cause...you're all just talking shyt.

:russell:

I have two degrees, one of which is in criminal justice. It's true, cops only have to read MR if there will be any questioning/interrogating taking place. Other than that they can just put you in cuffs and take you to the station and will tell you why there.

Extremely fukked up in my opinion because someone could easily get dissapeared like that.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Ahh, makes sense fam.
I just found it weird that they ran up on him and knew who he was already.
This must have been a planned arrest from jump.
have you seen that clip of that black girl getting arrested at that rally out of nowhere?

shyts getting spooky...
:wow:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
You're saying the cases that produce immediate evidence, like drug possession and drunk driving, at no point in processing, Miranda is not read?
All other cases that doesn't produce evidence, Miranda is read?
Miranda doesn't have to be read unless they gonna ask you questions, hell if the cop says they saw you do something illegal they can arrest you and not read you shyt.

The case might hot hold up and not even make it to prosecution, but they're still free to arrest and charge you.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Until someone clarifies and cites where it's legal for a cop to arrest a civilian without any cause...you're all just talking shyt.

Huh...you are talking about something different someone was talking about reading them rights. An officer needs probable cause to make an arrest but an arrest doesn't trigger an automatic Miranda warning so not sure which one you are talking so keep on yawning

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I've never seen a person get arrested legally without being read that they were placed under arrest/forceibly detained...otherwise its kidnapping.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Miranda doesn't have to be read unless they gonna ask you questions, hell if the cop says they saw you do something illegal they can arrest you and not read you shyt.

The case might hot hold up and not even make it to prosecution, but they're still free to arrest and charge you.
ok. what cases will officers arrest you but not ask questions at any point? Especially when you are charged

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Actually if you are arrested but not asked any questions you don't have to be read your rights but think whatever you want
Hes right

When the Miranda Warning Is Required
It doesn't matter whether an interrogation occurs in a jail, at the scene of a crime, on a busy downtown street, or the middle of an open field: If a person is in custody (deprived of his or her freedom of action in any significant way), the police must read the Miranda rights if they want to ask questions and use the answers as evidence at trial.

If someone is not in police custody, however, no Miranda warning is required and anything the person says can be used at trial. Police officers often avoid arresting people—and make it clear to them that they're free to go—precisely so they don't have to give the Miranda warning. Then they can arrest the suspect after getting the incriminating statement they wanted all along

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never seen a person get arrested legally without being read that they were placed under arrest/forceibly detained...otherwise its kidnapping.

Once again Miranda is if they are going to tell question or interrogate you when you are in custody because they have to let know your rights beforehand, if they have probable cause to arrest you they hook you up tell you what you are under arrest for if no question is taking place it's not required, but this is going nowhere I'm out

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
ok. what cases will officers arrest you but not ask questions at any point? Especially when you are charged
My nikka caught a tampering with evidence charge, cause the cops said they could hear him "flushing the toilet repeatedly" before he opened the door to let them in.

It's a bullshyt ass case and probably gonna get thrown out but he still sat in jail and had to post his $10,000 bail.

I imagine stuff like "disorderly conduct"/"disturbing the peace" work the same.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once again Miranda is if they are going to tell question or interrogate you when you are in custody because they have to let know your rights beforehand, if they have probable cause to arrest you they hook you up tell you what you are under arrest for if no question is taking place it's not required, but this is going nowhere I'm out

Im saying they (have) but shouldn't be able to just grab somebody put the cuffs on em and throw em in the car