Denzel Washington’s daughter Olivia is participating in Slave Play

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
What do you think the response would be if Denzel did a sex scene as he was supposed to do with Julia Roberts in Pelican Brief?

How would a Michael B Jordan sex scene with Ana de Armas be received today?

You talk like this shyt holds any weight outside of entertainment, is the funny part.

A bunch of bytches with no life would be "mad" for a day and move onto the next thing.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
has nothing to do with the person. I’m sure Olivia is a good person.

Black Men in this thread, I’d say, would not want Black Women as a whole represented as LOVERS to SLAVE MASTERS in a MAJORLY DISTRIBUTED PLAY

Imagine if they made a film of Anne Frank riding throughout Europe with a Nazi soldier discovering their forbidden attraction….. mannnn the script for that shyt would be burned by Page 2.

and that’s the thing: are we, as Black Men, going to find ways to boycott or protest these type of media portrays? Are we planning to shun the black actors and actresses who partake in these plays? What’s the plan?
Idk it's weird because how many black men were trying to watch this to begin with? Are participants in these circles? I cant think of a single black man i know that would patronize this. It seems like a super niche crowd that attends this nut shyt. On one hand I say let people create their "art" on the other hand if someone personally handed me this script it never would have seen the light of day again

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
has nothing to do with the person. I’m sure Olivia is a good person.

Black Men in this thread, I’d say, would not want Black Women as a whole represented as LOVERS to SLAVE MASTERS in a MAJORLY DISTRIBUTED PLAY

Imagine if they made a film of Anne Frank riding throughout Europe with a Nazi soldier discovering their forbidden attraction….. mannnn the script for that shyt would be burned by Page 2.

and that’s the thing: are we, as Black Men, going to find ways to boycott or protest these type of media portrays? Are we planning to shun the black actors and actresses who partake in these plays? What’s the plan?

Thats tricky for us because black men are not the target audience for this its weirdo white people and maybe a select few black women and its white money behind it so the fact that its going to the UK and been in the US and i only heard about it on this site shows it aint marketed to me. Unfortunately we dont control our image and have little unity to boycott the money behind this

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
That's not the case cause most black women drum roll please are in relationships with black men.
why is this always the knee jerk reaction anytime we discuss Black Image.

Even in the message you bolded

that’s even more of a reason to be off put by this behavior. A black man’s wife/girlfriend would also be disgusted someone trying to revise or “retell” the experience of Black Women during chattel slavery and would expect her man to feel the same

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
why is this always the knee jerk reaction anytime we discuss Black Image.

Even in the message you bolded

that’s even more of a reason to be off put by this behavior. A black man’s wife/girlfriend would also be disgusted someone trying to revise or “retell” the experience of Black Women during chattel slavery and would expect her man to feel the same

Because ya'll live in a sense of delusion the same way these nut-hut hoes are.

Nobody is forcing black people to watch anything in 2024, that they do not want to. I don't do the slave shyt or the drug dealing shyt, but if that's what people wanna watch, consume, or partake in, they have the right.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Idk it's weird because how many black men were trying to watch this to begin with? Are participants in these circles? I cant think of a single black man i know that would patronize this. It seems like a super niche crowd that attends this nut shyt. On one hand I say let people create their "art" on the other hand if someone personally handed me this script it never would have seen the light of day again
I agree this is for a niche audience.

Your last sentence is what gets me. How many brehs are in Hollywood who would destroy this script immediately? If there isn’t many, that’s a shame smh.
Thats tricky for us because black men are not the target audience for this its weirdo white people and maybe a select few black women and its white money behind it so the fact that its going to the UK and been in the US and i only heard about it on this site shows it aint marketed to me. Unfortunately we dont control our image and have little unity to boycott the money behind this
Again, last sentence just summarizes how I feel. Like this shyt is egregious but someone’s paying for it, and are there are folks who financial back this type of content.

Even me.. I’m talking cash money shyt in this thread but am I utilizing the tools to boycott this material? Will it even make a dent?

Shame.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Because ya'll live in a sense of delusion the same way these nut-hut hoes are.

Nobody is forcing black people to watch anything in 2024, that they do not want to. I don't do the slave shyt or the drug dealing shyt, but if that's what people wanna watch, consume, or partake in, they have the right.
fukk their rights truthfully speaking.

I don’t see what’s delusional of me not wanting this type of play being circuited throughout theaters across the country.. but okay.

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
fukk their rights truthfully speaking.

I don’t see what’s delusional of me not wanting this type of play being circuited throughout theaters across the country.. but okay.

I'm sorry but that's fascism. You can move around with that communism shyt.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's acting. OP made the title on purpose to sound like some slave roleplaying in the bedroom for clicks.