Denzel Washington’s daughter Olivia is participating in Slave Play

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
denzel-washington-3-2000-98ff140d333e45acac83d07117ef7f2b.jpg

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Dude deserves the worst. For anyone defending this, the screenwriters are not actually trying to educate us on the horrors of these events. They are trying to encourage interracial partners to explore this and hinting these are hidden desires they have and it should not be taboo . That is NOT ART. If the screenwriters were mostly white the word would be racist propaganda. I watched the trailer and a little of a documentary to make sure I wasn’t over reacting, and these people literally laughing and giggling about this shyt

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Thats tricky for us because black men are not the target audience for this its weirdo white people and maybe a select few black women and its white money behind it so the fact that its going to the UK and been in the US and i only heard about it on this site shows it aint marketed to me. Unfortunately we dont control our image and have little unity to boycott the money behind this
The blue explains the bold, a bunch of excuse-making. We boast of our cultural imprint on the world and then act powerless to effect... culture. :beli:

I've used this word before in political context, but it works here too: self-abnegation. A house needs to be built, the whole community puts on handcuffs, and then whines about how they can't build the house.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I forgot what it's called,but it's based on a book by a Black feminist of course. A lady starts randomly traveling back in time to a plantation that I think her female ancestor was on. She can't stop her p*ssy from being wetter than the Amazon for the massa of the plantation. I think she becomes a house wench because she's so smart and they bond because she's intelligent and plus she's dating a white guy as well in the future. :mjlol:

Kindred.

Glad it didn't get another season.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Kindred.

Glad it didn't get another season.
:mjlol: My big bro actually rec'd this book to me. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I knew she was a wench by like pg 3. The character's present-day husband was white too.

Octavia Butler, from what I can tell, came up in that Alice Walker milieu, like the one in the famous Steinem pic. Produced a lot of early modern wenches. :skip:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
has nothing to do with the person. I’m sure Olivia is a good person.

Black Men in this thread, I’d say, would not want Black Women as a whole represented as LOVERS to SLAVE MASTERS in a MAJORLY DISTRIBUTED PLAY

Imagine if they made a film of Anne Frank riding throughout Europe with a Nazi soldier discovering their forbidden attraction….. mannnn the script for that shyt would be burned by Page 2.

and that’s the thing: are we, as Black Men, going to find ways to boycott or protest these type of media portrays? Are we planning to shun the black actors and actresses who partake in these plays? What’s the plan?
A lot of black men are too complacent: we accept anything and act like it's cool.:francis:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Crazy how different his daughter is from him.

Remember denzel is a dude who famously refused to do a romance scene with Julia Roberts and Angelina Jolie because he thought the black audience wouldn't like it. Julia complains to this day about wanting to kiss him in their movie.

Yet here she is fetishing a cac slave owner

No way denzel helped her get this role, she did it on her own.