Denzel Washington’s daughter Olivia is participating in Slave Play

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Which situation? There two different conversations going on in this thread now so be specific please

A actress performing in a play, playing a role, says nothing about them directly as a person and has little do with whether or not they're self hating

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
A actress performing in a play, playing a role, says nothing about them directly as a person and has little do with whether or not they're self hating
Breh that's not what I was talking about. Go read the post you quoted from again and look at what who I was responding to said. He was talking about his child growing up and not becoming a hipster or new black...

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
We need to do a study and find out the correlation between kids that grow up to be self respecting educated black people and ...the self hating ones...

What does the black population need to look like where you live? How much money do the people there make? How prejudiced is the rest of the community? etc.
I naively asked what is a good time to introduce your children to the real reality Black/Africans face across the globe and @HarlemHottie corrected me by saying soon as possible, because not only does that set a good foundation them to know who they are.. but that’s what other races do.

Even if the truth may be gruesome for them to digest…

for example.. the image of the Congolese man blankly staring at the chopped hands of his child due to Belgium colonizers will never be erased from my head.. so IF anyone tries to feed me lies on that country’s history, I know they’re full of shyt.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
has nothing to do with the person. I’m sure Olivia is a good person.

Black Men in this thread, I’d say, would not want Black Women as a whole represented as LOVERS to SLAVE MASTERS in a MAJORLY DISTRIBUTED PLAY

Imagine if they made a film of Anne Frank riding throughout Europe with a Nazi soldier discovering their forbidden attraction….. mannnn the script for that shyt would be burned by Page 2.

and that’s the thing: are we, as Black Men, going to find ways to boycott or protest these type of media portrays? Are we planning to shun the black actors and actresses who partake in these plays? What’s the plan?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
We need to do a study and find out the correlation between kids that grow up to be self respecting educated black people and ...the self hating ones...

What does the black population need to look like where you live? How much money do the people there make? How prejudiced is the rest of the community? etc.

My view is that they have to grow up in a 2 parent home with BOTH parents have sensibilities of Blackness and Black culture
It can't just be 1 parent with a pulse. All it takes is 1 parent who is a Hipster/New Black to mess up everything in that child's mind

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DQgx3rcXUAAfrP6.jpg:large

giphy.gif

Say what now? These foreign flags are something else

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
has nothing to do with the person. I’m sure Olivia is a good person.

Black Men in this thread, I’d say, would not want Black Women as a whole represented as LOVERS to SLAVE MASTERS in a MAJORLY DISTRIBUTED PLAY

Imagine if they made a film of Anne Frank riding throughout Europe with a Nazi soldier discovering their forbidden attraction….. mannnn the script for that shyt would be burned by Page 2.

and that’s the thing: are we, as Black Men, going to find ways to boycott or protest these type of media portrays? Are we planning to shun the black actors and actresses who partake in these plays? What’s the plan?

That's not the case cause most black women drum roll please are in relationships with black men.

I can't agree with that. Every individual has some pevel of discernment about what they are going to be doing.

Money trumps all of that.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
What do you think the response would be if Denzel did a sex scene as he was supposed to do with Julia Roberts in Pelican Brief?

How would a Michael B Jordan sex scene with Ana de Armas be received today?