Denzel Washington The Equalizer Thread

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
This was described to me as an Amitabh Bachchan movie starring Denzel Washington. Bollywood reference for those that don't know.

I'm gonna check it out at some point.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Wow, this sh!t was HARD. I liked the slow build cause it made the ending even better. I won't compare it to "Training Day" but it's another good flick from these two. Maybe Denzel and Fuqua should do more movies together, kinda like Denzel and Tony Scott did. LOL @ Showdown at Home Depot. Denzel went in and had weapons at his disposal. He went straight Jason Friday 13th on those Russains, lol. The main russian bad guy was a GREAT villian. His dialogue and demeanor was crazy. My only beef is Chloe character was way under developed and just disappeared.

I felt like they really channeled "Taxi Driver" and yes "Man on Fire". But there was a suspense thriller/horror aspect to the movie too. Loved the whole CIA meeting he had with Bill Pullman and Melissa Leo. Overall I give it about B, way better than that "2 Guns" mess Denzel did with Marky Mark. But now Denzel has been on fire first "Flight", now this. Also there's actually room for Denzel to do his 1st sequel and franchise, well see.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
I walked in about 10 or 15 minutes late
He was already kinda friendly with ol girl...

can someone tell me what happened in the very beginning?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I walked in about 10 or 15 minutes late
He was already kinda friendly with ol girl...

can someone tell me what happened in the very beginning?
just him playing mr. normal guy, showed him as cool with the homies at work, very regimented in his home life, and someone who genuinely looks out for people he cares about. nothing went down between them, she was just the "homie" from his late night stops at the diner.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
just him playing mr. normal guy, showed him as cool with the homies at work, very regimented in his home life, and someone who genuinely looks out for people he cares about. nothing went down between them, she was just the "homie" from his late night stops at the diner.

Oh iight so i didnt really miss anything then? thanks

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
thought i wrote my opinion. definitely a flick you can catch at home, but it was entertaining nonetheless. i want a little more backstory about what makes denzel so loyal and why he felt the need to protect others, but dude was cool as fukk on his home alone shyt in home depot

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
yea these two things bothered me the most, especially the ladder. i mean him and the white girl werent even that cool, there really wasnt no real sympathy angle for her, as in a reason for him to go through all that just to rescue some white girl just cause she got beat up. But as far as denzel and the russian not fighting, that had 2 be the biggest mistake about this movie, i mean the russian was so tough with his shirt off doing work outs and shyt, gettin me all pumped for a final fight, and he dies from a nail gun like :why:

He was gonna pay for her to leave the biz. Him being ex cia and her being underage, he felt like he couldn't sit back and let this happen. Plus they had to be close. She knew all about his book, his name, and he knew her life.

After they shytted on him, he went cia on them then called it a day.

Everything after that was them coming after him. So he had to destroy them completely or they'd never stop looking for him. Like he said, he gave them all a choice. They all chose to not leave him alone. They all got bodied for that choice :myman:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Great film
My nukka denzel

He aalays gave everyone a chance but they spat at him

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
this shyt was on point, :myman: and fuqua did it again :banderas:.....peoples said it was slow but i didnt feel that way at all, the lil "side missions" he did while the russians were after him kept it going at a nice pace...cacs were gettin bodied left and right :whooh:, no way i wasnt gonna dig this :ahh:
I love the part when ol boy robbed the store and mami ring and Denzel got that quick revenge :mjlol:
they didnt even bother showing you what he did
just assured you that yes indeed... Denzel got it poppin

tr2k

All Star
Daps
The Equalizer 2014 1080p BluRay x264-SPARKS
CuzAdM3c.jpg

iMDB Rating: 7.4/10 from 42,483 users Metascore: 57/100
Directed by: Antoine Fuqua
Stars: Denzel Washington, Marton Csokas, Chloë Grace Moretz
Genres: Action | Crime | Thriller

Release Name: The.Equalizer.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS