Denzel Washington The Equalizer Thread

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
nikkas at school gassin the fukk outta this movie but ain't said shyt about that new Liam Neeson :russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nah cant get thru it....i dont even like gangs of new york like that....only thing i ever sorta liked from him is last of the mohicans...he doesnt make movies imo he makes plays, all his shyt have me snoozing like when i went to see plays as a kid

oh ok. Different strokes than breh. Definitely a fan. Didn't love Lincoln but I certainly liked it. Did love his performance though

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this shyt was dope, it starts off slow but once the action picks up it really picks up. Did he have some type of super hero percetion or something. Dude was always looking at his watch then caught some super lazer focus.

What i thought would happen is the russians would kidnap his wife then he went into super nikka mode and fukked them all up.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
this shyt was dope, it starts off slow but once the action picks up it really picks up. Did he have some type of super hero percetion or something. Dude was always looking at his watch then caught some super lazer focus.

What i thought would happen is the russians would kidnap his wife then he went into super nikka mode and fukked them all up.

He was OCD. And he had the Sherlock Holmes thing where he could analyze everything and make moves accordingly.

You figured his wife was still alive?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
from the trailers i assumed someone he loved was kidnapped or killed to make him snap like that. Not some random THOT he seen at 3AM in some bar.

Nah I always gathered that he made a promise to his wife that he wouldn't go back into that lifestyle and once she passed away it kinda made him really dig into that. Being the type of guy he is, it didn't surprise me that his heart would go out to the prostitute

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:myman: This smiley is more than appropriate for the movie.

I didn't read the thread but if anybody is in here talking about how did that happen or that's fake :camby:

This is a great action flick with pure unadulterated Russian pulverizing :wow::myman:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
shyt was weak. For starters it took way too long to get going. I think we got like two book reviews from Denzel and that fat Mexican slob trying to sneak eat potato chip sandwiches before we even got as close to something resembling a plot. It felt like Fuqua wanted to add more gravitas to the movie beyond a straight forward action thriller and it just got bloated in the process.

And so much stuff didn't make sense about the Russians. I mean, how much money was in that warehouse that Denzel handed over to the cops? It was like at least twenty pallets of money up to hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars, and these Russians were still acting like "Oh, let's go get this guy" like they didn't even seem slightly bothered by how much money they lost. In fact, the boss guy on the phone seemed more concerned about his ship blowing up than the friggin' warehouse of money being lost. And I don't want to complain too much about the action because it was good action, but why the whole improvising with tools and shyt? Like I get setting a trap for the first guy or two but after he had taken them out, why didn't he just take their guns? He kept using drills and nailguns to home depot their asses long after it stopped being necessary.

And the same goes for the end really. He's in the Russian boss guy's bathroom, flicking the switch over and over as to trick the Russian into flipping it when he's gone and electrocute himself in the water, but then we see Denzel walk off and he's killed every guard in the entire building, so why the hell couldn't he just shoot the guy in the bathroom as well? The only reason to go through such an elaborate scheme to have the guy electrocute himself would be to play it off as suicide, but that obviously doesn't work when every other person in the building is executed as well.

Like I said, it just felt bloated and unnecessary in so many places. Pretty much the only good things about this movie are the gif that will be made of Denzel doing the Pips dance, and the first time he meets the Russian assassin guy on his doorstep because that whole convo with them trying to figure each other out was awesome.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
insta.gif

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it. I went dolo. Gonna see it with wifey now. Ill never watch it again though. Would've rather seen them give my boy Wesley this role.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
nah cant get thru it....i dont even like gangs of new york like that....only thing i ever sorta liked from him is last of the mohicans...he doesnt make movies imo he makes plays, all his shyt have me snoozing like when i went to see plays as a kid

:patrice:

I'm so confused by this comment