Denzel Washington The Equalizer Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Like I said, it just felt bloated and unnecessary in so many places. Pretty much the only good things about this movie are the gif that will be made of Denzel doing the Pips dance, and the first time he meets the Russian assassin guy on his doorstep because that whole convo with them trying to figure each other out was awesome.

yup

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ZMGKvE7.png
Y'all nikkas lame. Until Wesley is given a shot without some rinks dink plot he's still my nikka.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was either this of Walk Among Tombstones I really wanted to see both but Chloe Grace Moretz as a prostitute ruled out all judgement, i still want to see tombstones tho
:dead:

The movie was good. I saw it twice. Chloe looked great.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
shyt was weak. For starters it took way too long to get going. I think we got like two book reviews from Denzel and that fat Mexican slob trying to sneak eat potato chip sandwiches before we even got as close to something resembling a plot. It felt like Fuqua wanted to add more gravitas to the movie beyond a straight forward action thriller and it just got bloated in the process.

And so much stuff didn't make sense about the Russians. I mean, how much money was in that warehouse that Denzel handed over to the cops? It was like at least twenty pallets of money up to hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars, and these Russians were still acting like "Oh, let's go get this guy" like they didn't even seem slightly bothered by how much money they lost. In fact, the boss guy on the phone seemed more concerned about his ship blowing up than the friggin' warehouse of money being lost. And I don't want to complain too much about the action because it was good action, but why the whole improvising with tools and shyt? Like I get setting a trap for the first guy or two but after he had taken them out, why didn't he just take their guns? He kept using drills and nailguns to home depot their asses long after it stopped being necessary.

And the same goes for the end really. He's in the Russian boss guy's bathroom, flicking the switch over and over as to trick the Russian into flipping it when he's gone and electrocute himself in the water, but then we see Denzel walk off and he's killed every guard in the entire building, so why the hell couldn't he just shoot the guy in the bathroom as well? The only reason to go through such an elaborate scheme to have the guy electrocute himself would be to play it off as suicide, but that obviously doesn't work when every other person in the building is executed as well.

Like I said, it just felt bloated and unnecessary in so many places. Pretty much the only good things about this movie are the gif that will be made of Denzel doing the Pips dance, and the first time he meets the Russian assassin guy on his doorstep because that whole convo with them trying to figure each other out was awesome.

that scene in the money warehouse made no sense to me. He goes in with that crooked cop, finds the boss and threatens to shoot him, while being surrounded by at least 20 other goons with ar 15s and shyt. And than denzel threatens to shoot his dikk off, and the next scene we see those guys tied up :dwillhuh: How the hell did denzel convince everybody to throw the weapons down and sit still to tie up everybody. How did he convince all those goons to not shoot his ass up and escape, rather than face life in prison.
Plus they wasted so much time on the beginning bullshyt they didn't even have time to show a great action sequence with denzel first finding where the russian boss was , and him killing the bosses goons in his home.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Y'all nikkas lame. Until Wesley is given a shot without some rinks dink plot he's still my nikka.

Snipes will probably still be blackballed especially now since his comeback movie flopped Expendables 3. He was good in it though so there is always hope but I doubt it.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Saw this today, thought it was great for what I thought the movie would be. And for those complaining about the lack of a fight between the Russian and Denzel. First off I never felt the Russian was anywhere near equal to what Denzel was in this movie, and secondly hand to hand combat didn't really seem to be eithers strong suit either.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Movie was dope as fukk
what I liked the most (and i def be too damn high to be some overanalytical muthafukka) but it was almost like he was some crazed, psycho type muthafukka. Sheeeit that shyt coulda ended after him putting down them ruskies in that club and id be happy
shyt was just entertaining as fukk
im sorry
people were in the fliks like we was at the rucker
"Ooooo!!!"
"DAAAAAAAMN!!!"
"OH shyt!!!"
:mjlol:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Yea this was legit. Denzel was smooth as fuq killing them russians
Word right?! The first shyt when he went loco bananas... murder game was flawless
I cant lie that whole scene was just wild craze for me. Just his whole demeanor was like, "im leaving out this hoe alive."