Denzel Washington The Equalizer Thread

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
It was either this of Walk Among Tombstones I really wanted to see both but Chloe Grace Moretz as a prostitute ruled out all judgement, i still want to see tombstones tho

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i liked it, dissatisfied with the ending though.

But I like when he first met that russian because he already knew what the deal was, and i think he saw a bit of himself in the russian

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
i liked it, dissatisfied with the ending though.

But I like when he first met that russian because he already knew what the deal was, and i think he saw a bit of himself in the russian
That was my favorite scene. The look of D's eyes when he asked ole boy what he saw when he looks at him or whatever:banderas:

That whole scene was smooth.

Chloe Moretz has no body at all. Haley Bennett smoked her.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
What is your ethnicity? Do u use soap with no wash cloth? :lupe:

Watch ya mouth, gump :ufdup:
Dead.gif~original

looking at DDL movie list on imdb and i can honestly say i havent watched any of them shyts more than once cuz they so cot dayum boring :wow:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breh:comeon: stop lol. I like Denzel as much as the next man but he's not doing Daniel Plainview or Bill the Butcher. Denzel's greatest acting job continues to be Malcolm X and he hasn't approached that save for Training Day and even that isn't close to what he was doing with Malcolm. There's a certain style and approach to acting that he has and he wouldn't have done justice to those roles the way Daniel Day did. But again on the flip side, Lewis probably couldn't pull off some of the stuff Denzel does with ease. I can't see him having the same amount of charisma or charm to something like 2 Guns.

The one role that Denzel has done recently that I can see Daniel possibly doing is the cat he played in Flight but even then, there's something about Denzel's approach that makes that role better in his hands than someone else's

2 actors known for doing the exact opposite of one another, pretty much..

Daniel Day Lewis for the most part displays a crazy amount of technical range in most of his more notable roles. DDL is pretty much a one man show who washes lesser actors off the screen. He did it with Leo in Gangs of New York and Paul Dano in There Will Be Blood.

Denzel uses subtlety for the most part to communicate thoughts and emotions... even when he does display a somewhat wide technical range (Malcolm X) he still carries the performance through subtlety. I think it was Terrance Howard who talked about how he ran into Denzel and asked for some "acting tips" and Denzel told him "Less is more." That's basically his approach to every role... He makes complex performances/characters look "simple."

Denzel is a great actor who's filmography doesn't really hold up compared to other greats. But unlike alot of the actors who hit his age range.. he's still pumping out top performances in lead roles... even if the movies arn't all that great.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
2 actors known for doing the exact opposite of one another, pretty much..

Daniel Day Lewis for the most part displays a crazy amount of technical range in most of his more notable roles. DDL is pretty much a one man show who washes lesser actors off the screen. He did it with Leo in Gangs of New York and Paul Dano in There Will Be Blood.

Denzel uses subtlety for the most part to communicate thoughts and emotions... even when he does display a somewhat wide technical range (Malcolm X) he still carries the performance through subtlety. I think it was Terrance Howard who talked about how he ran into Denzel and asked for some "acting tips" and Denzel told him "Less is more." That's basically his approach to every role... He makes complex performances/characters look "simple."

Denzel is a great actor who's filmography doesn't really hold up compared to other greats. But unlike alot of the actors who hit his age range.. he's still pumping out top performances in lead roles... even if the movies arn't all that great.

Word. That's why I said there are roles he's done that Daniel couldn't pull off and vice versa