Bushed
Daps
what hes referring to is virtuosity and that wasnt even that bad of a movie

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Saw it last night. That shyt was way too long. They couldve literally cut the back story from 90 mins down to like 20-30 mins. The shyt that bothered me about this movie, is he spent all that time trying to live a normal life, and after seeing a white girl get beat up, he basically turns into batman:childplease:
Plus they spent all that time building up the main villain that came over from russia, and they dont even fight. The best fight was from some random russian goon :dahell:
The action scenes were good. Especially all the kills at the home depot :whew:
And denzel did have some good one liners in there

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the flick tho, i got that same feeling you get when you listen to this the whole way through

oh yeah and

:myman:

I love me some Gladys.She makes me fall back in love with black women.Just when I start to think the grass might be greener on the other side, I see her crooning them tunes, and I think to myself "I ain't going nowhere:mjcry:"

That soul is a muthafukkka:wow:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Not going to see this, no interest but I have been so disappointed with Antoine Fuqua choices as a director, when I was 16, and I saw 'Training Day', I swore dude was the one…Has he even done anything decent in 10 years ?

edit, 'Brooklyns Finest' was my shyt too, actually…but thats a 2/15 year average….
:wtf: fuqua made tears of the sun, shooter, and olympus has fallen after training day....u gotta be a cornball if u dont like all those movies, take this dap undap slap nicca :pacspit:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'Shooter' and 'Olymupus Has Fallen' are good movies now? Entertaining to some…sure. But, compared to the work he was doing in 'Training Day' and 'Brooklyn's Finest', they aren't anywhere close. Mindless action movies, more equitable with the John Woo slow motion shootout style movies of the mid 90's, like 'Broken Arrow', and 'Face Off'. He has continued to operate at the bottom level of the movie business, in terms of quality, made a lot of money, obviously…and clearly there is a market for those type of movies, but the kinds of stories and directing he was doing in 2001, and now….I can't even see an argument being made. Compelling, tense, gritty, authentic storytelling and great scripts, vs formulaic retreads of action movies from the 80's.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Movie was cool, but it was way too cliche and predictable. The violence is on point tho. :ehh:

Basically. And a tad long and had scenes that are like :dahell:

But once the movie finally got to the point it was on point. It took its sweet time getting there though. Lot of good stuff in it that kinda went nowhere but the action saved it