Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only race of people that publicly air out our dirty laundry for all to see. While Denzel has some points his words are damaging because they gloss over a lot of shyt and will be eaten up by you know who?

There is evidence of systemic racism coming from the government, the police, businesses, etc and black folk are supposed to "rise above". Yes some people in our community are retards but plenty of good people are getting shafted on a daily basis.

It's like putting your foot on someone's neck and shytting on them for not being able to get up.

I'm cool with the criticsms but where are the criticisms of white folk? Celebs should just stfu and stick to whatever it is they do.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
What I can’t stand about threads like these, is how one line is sensationalised. It’s a misdirection and intended to direct the conversation towards anger and disagreement instead of understanding.

Also, given everyone’s experience on this forum, the criticism seems to be coming from the wrong individuals. Just being honest. Denzel Washington’s influence at being a good model is higher than anyone’s in this forum. Him saying what he said has little to do with support for the system. He advice was more of an attempt to tell people to bypass that system

Denzel is no role model to any serious Black person. He is just an actor with virtually little influence in places of actual power. That is why I only ever saw him as an actor.

And you cannot bypass a system while choosing to live within it. That logic makes no sense.

Daps
Your "analysis" is sorely lacking in depth and not worthy of a critical, or rather ample response.

Not worthy of a response, because you simply cannot offer one. Why'd you even respond if that's the case? You know what both me and Denzel are saying is the truth. Like most nikkas, you don't want to acknowledge the truth, because it's likely a reflection of yourself, your MAMA , and you're environment. Hey, whatever lie helps you sleep at night.

Daps
Your "analysis" is sorely lacking in depth and not worthy of a critical, or rather ample response.

Not worthy of a response, yet you still typed a reply. It's not worthy of analysis because you can't offer one. Continue wasting your time though.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Denzel is no role model to any serious Black person. He is just an actor with virtually little influence in places of actual power. That is why I only ever saw him as an actor.

And you cannot bypass a system while choosing to live within it. That logic makes no sense.
Like it or not, Denzel influences more people than you do and probably ever will. As far as serious black person, yes he is a role model to serious black people. Black actors aren’t serious black people? Practically any black actor will mention Denzel as a source of inspiration. Even the fact we’re talking about an interview he did shows he has more influence over our conversation than we to his.

The words that come out of you guys in this forum is ridiculous. You’re debating on the premise he isn’t your role model but it’s obvious his voice stretches longer and influences more people than anyone in this forum criticizing his words. Just because you don’t care for him doesn’t mean “serious” Black people don’t.

And when I say system, I’m talking about judicial system. Realize what he and we’re talking about. Not white supremacy. I’ve never had interactions with the judicial system and I’m 33. So, you can bypass interacting with and getting caught up in it. I’m proof. And I would say it came from parents and upbringing, not because I was some smart kid.

Last edited:

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Only race of people that publicly air out our dirty laundry for all to see. While Denzel has some points his words are damaging because they gloss over a lot of shyt and will be eaten up by you know who?

There is evidence of systemic racism coming from the government, the police, businesses, etc and black folk are supposed to "rise above". Yes some people in our community are retards but plenty of good people are getting shafted on a daily basis.

It's like putting your foot on someone's neck and shytting on them for not being able to get up.

I'm cool with the criticsms but where are the criticisms of white folk? Celebs should just stfu and stick to whatever it is they do.

why do you care about white folks ?:ufdup:

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thirteen black men in Chicago were sent to prison on false charges, so I can't say if it starts at home.

Also in Chicago a man was released after 29 years for a crime that he didn't commit. He was a construction worker with no priors yet he lost 30 years for nothing.
is that the majority of people in jail or nah?

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Yeah, no time for back and forth with dweebs, but , in this thread your first comment is one where YOU quoted MY post.

I didn't bother responding to your comments because we BOTH know how it would turn out.

No, i quoted your post because it sums up the bullshyt that this thread premise is about, wtf is a "black white supremacist"? :gucci:

Some answers here sounds like what a cac would say to justify the imprisonment and killing of blacks by the police, i just give up arguing :stopitslime:

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
If Black men were being over-incarcerated from 1870 and all through the first half of the last century, when the Black family unit was strongest, that says (categorically) Black people are being disproportionately locked up as a function of American society.
So you can bring up the respectability angle all you want, you have to explain why, when Black America ticked those "respectability" boxes (two parent homes, pre-hiphop era, etc) Black people were still getting locked up. Stop the bullshyt and ANSWER THAT.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
is that the majority of people in jail or nah?
How would anyone know when the police are racist and corrupt? Do you know exactly how many dirty cops are out here planting evidence? Do you know how many crooked DAs and judges are out here? Can you tell us the percentage of whites who are racist that sit on these juries?

Definitely not but black people make it way too easy for the system to play them.
It's only acceptable to victim blame blacks in this way. You couldn't victim blame any other demographic in that way.

"Yea male on female rape is fukked up but the way women act and dress make it to easy for men to rape them"

"Yea being sexually molested as a child by an adult is fukked up but kids make it to easy for adults to molest them"

The people talking about personal accountability are the same ones giving the system a pass and they're too stupid to see contradiction. This site is now a white supremacist/c00n haven. The majority of posts in this thread are parroting talking points straight from white racists.

Holding blacks to a different standard than whites is the essence of white supremacy in a nutshell. Blacks are punished for any and every transgression while whites are given a pass. "Yea the system is rigged against blacks but they deserve the oppression anyway because they know it's rigged against them". Just think about how twisted and anti-black that mentality is.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
:mjlol: nikkas up here trying to pick holes in Denzel Comments..

Talking about denzel shouldn't be airing out our problems in public...first off, he didn't mention race.

Secondly i sit in court fighting tickets all the time and you know how many black parents are in the courtroom when they child is hit with a crime..like 1%.... And if a parent is there, it's the mother or grandmother talking to the judge saying " there's no father in his life "....of course not because of your choice in men...

Black people know the system been fukked up since the beginning of time and whites get off more than blacks and blacks get hit more with charges than whites but these nikkas continue to do the same shyt talking about I'm just trying to eat in these streets..knowing Damn well the results, like 15 years just for a 1/2 ounce of crack..

Stopped blaming the system when u know the system is fukk black people and get in your kids lives and stopped the bullshyt..

And it's start with u black women..because u the one who make the choice of who u fukk