Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

Daps
Where's the lie? It always starts in the home first. If the home is strong, it doesn't matter what the system tries to do, the individual will overcome it.

Daps
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

your non Puzzy getting azz has yet to experience life off this board....

I know damn well the benifit of having a father figure and OGs in your life...

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

And I've become a responsible black man cause I have structure...

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

Like giving birth to your Illogical thinking azz........

Yes we have a system against us..

But that don't mean you stop acting responsible......

You better get yo mind right...and stop all this HYPOCRITICAL HOTEP NONSENSE

AND BE A MAN :ufdup:

It's been a good min since I've seen a roast as glorious as this.

Daps
But NOT every black person in jail has been the victim of a corrupt cop

Thier is a subculture of black people who simply see jail as a right of passage

I use to oversee a group of temp workers on a job site...

And during lunch heard them all share Thier street heists and jail stories ...

It was sad....cause not only they took delight in what they did

They all shared one common factor

They had NO FAMILY STRUCTURE...

Cause most of Thier antics and behaviour was co-signed by Thier MAMA

Corey Holcomb said it best...

"It's the OFFSPRING OF RATCHET CLUB BYATCHES FROM THE 90s that are causing HAVOC on the streets of CHICAGO!!"

Brotha I'd throw you some reps if I could... Single motherhood is the primary root of all evil that's birthed in the community. It's no secret that all of the catastrophic, and irreparable dysfunction starts with these rat ass single mothers.

Daps
Y'all should never take the opinions of entertainers seriously. Their perspective changes faster than they realize no matter how much they think wealth, fame or power doesn't change their character. It happens to all of us, except most people views on twitter don't fervor white masses who see black people as older, aggressive, unintelligent thugs.

Yet ya'll will turn around and hang on the opinions of Jay Z, Kobe, and all other entertainers like it's gospel. Now all of the sudden you conveniently throw up how we shouldn't trust the opinions of entertainers, simply because he says some shyt you know in the back of your mind is true, but don't want to believe? I don't put entertainers on a pedestal my damn self, but Denzel is one dude I can get behind. Denzel is one dude who's views and perspective have never really wavered. He's always remained true to what was in his heart, and spoke on it. He's one of few celebrities as it appears with an actual working moral compass.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Don't know why people saying the truth hurts. I don't know why it has to hurt. Finding the truth and finding a solution sounds beautiful.

Like the general here is saying both statements are true.

I've seen dudes from the hood do fukked up shyt that just leaves me disappointed. The system didn't make them do that.
However, the system did catch them and cut the feet from under them setting young black men for a vicious cycle and at the same time pat little ol bob on the back for the same crimes giving advice just be careful so this wont happen next time.

I would rather fix both problems then just ignore one side because it involves self reflection.

Its like how racists ass white people always be like what about chicago what about black on black crime when we trying to stop cops from killing us
i believe the perfect answer is we are working on that however we want to work on this problem too.

whats wrong with fixing both problems?

either way the end result is a positive for our culture as a whole.

Daps
Stop it. There are plenty of people wuth father's and mother's caught in the legal system unjustly. While the state of the black community made it easy for blacks to fall victim to the racist and demonic judicial system, to simply put all the blame on "bad parenting" as if that is the reason for the disproportionate incarceration of blacks is simply c00n talk.

Instead of making dumb posts like this one, log off and go read "The New Jim Crow" by Michelle Alexander. Because everything you and that moron Denzel are spitting reeks of opinions based on ignorance.

Bring up some sources, and statistics proving that just as many people that grew up with two parent households, as those that grew up in single parent homes are in the prison system. The state of the black community is shyt because of the issues that start at home with these rat ass single mothers. nikkas don't want to point the finger and blame the right people, because they came from a single parent home, and don't want to blame "MAMA", when it's MAMA that failed them in the first place.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
Daps
most people regardless of race blame the single mothers for everything.
Because it all starts with the woman. The woman has all the reproductive rights, while men have none. Women have full agency when it comes to sex, and who they open their legs to, and choose to have children by. These women lay down with thugs, and other trash, but then wonder why he doesn't turn out the be the loving, involved father that THEY wanted him to be. These women have children they know, and can't afford; and most of the time, its to use as a come up, or as a weapon to use against the father for not wanting to be with them. Women can choose to keep a baby, and make a man a father whether he want's to become one or not. EVERY other race except blacks seems to understand that single mothers, and their influx equal the downfall of any community. That it takes a strong, two parent household to raise families. That is why single mothers receive, and deserve most of the blame.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
Because it all starts with the woman. The woman has all the reproductive rights, while men have none. Women have full agency when it comes to sex, and who they open their legs to, and choose to have children by. These women lay down with thugs, and other trash, but then wonder why he doesn't turn out the be the loving, involved father that THEY wanted him to be. These women have children they know, and can't afford; and most of the time, its to use as a come up, or as a weapon to use against the father for not wanting to be with them. Women can choose to keep a baby, and make a man a father whether he want's to become one or not. EVERY other race except blacks seems to understand that single mothers, and their influx equal the downfall of any community. That it takes a strong, two parent household to raise families. That is why single mothers receive, and deserve most of the blame.

Oversimplified, lacking research, poor use of logic.

I give that analysis a D-.

Daps
Y'all should never take the opinions of entertainers seriously. Their perspective changes faster than they realize no matter how much they think wealth, fame or power doesn't change their character. It happens to all of us, except most people views on twitter don't fervor white masses who see black people as older, aggressive, unintelligent thugs.

In response to your neg. I conveniently left out the rest of your PARAGRAPH, because it was just that, trash. Also, you obviously don't know what a fukking paragraph is; which isn't shocking since you fit right into the category of people Denzel is talking about.

Daps
Oversimplified, lacking research, poor use of logic.

I give that analysis a D-.

Then what points were lacking, and how was I wrong? If you're going to respond to someone to call out what their saying is wrong, at least do the intelligent favor of providing an actual counter argument in your response.

Also, thanks for proving me, and Denzel right.

Daps
Most of y'all know what Denzel said is at least 50 percent true. You just don't lije it cuz it gives white people talking points where they can say, see even Denzel said it.

They also don't like it because they came from that same type of home, and live that life that Denzel talks about here. His statement is a reflection of their lives.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
What I can’t stand about threads like these, is how one line is sensationalised. It’s a misdirection and intended to direct the conversation towards anger and disagreement instead of understanding.

Also, given everyone’s experience on this forum, the criticism seems to be coming from the wrong individuals. Just being honest. Denzel Washington’s influence at being a good model is higher than anyone’s in this forum. Him saying what he said has little to do with support for the system. He advice was more of an attempt to tell people to bypass that system

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
Then what points were lacking, and how was I wrong? If you're going to respond to someone to call out what their saying is wrong, at least do the intelligent favor of providing an actual counter argument in your response.

Also, thanks for proving me, and Denzel right.

Your "analysis" is sorely lacking in depth and not worthy of a critical, or rather ample response.