Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

your non Puzzy getting azz has yet to experience life off this board....

I know damn well the benifit of having a father figure and OGs in your life...

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

And I've become a responsible black man cause I have structure...

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

Like giving birth to your Illogical thinking azz........

Yes we have a system against us..

But that don't mean you stop acting responsible......

You better get yo mind right...and stop all this HYPOCRITICAL HOTEP NONSENSE

AND BE A MAN :ufdup:

:patrice: good god

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
So Denzel is right it starts at home
Why? He came up from those same Mount Vernon streets. He has that perspective. He saw it first hand. If anything, he knows what he's talking about.

And I am telling you it does not matter. Perspective changes with time. An event that happened in your life at one point likely won't have the same emotional impact twenty years later.

You think 98% of black NFL + NBA players, let alone the superstars, omit loud and public displays denouncing the police murdering black men cases because they lack information? No. A lot of them while being the man in high school probably experienced some racism. Still, the players' current lifestyle of excess is closer to them and more important than what they felt and experienced in the past.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
And it's having serious ramifications on our Community....

I feel so sorry for the two young black boys of that 39 year old I dated...

She basically set them up for failure.....

With her bad choices...

Didn't give me no play when we was teenagers cause she was too busy chasing dope boys and boosters

And decided to breed with them :snoop:

And now both sons hate Thier pops

And lord knows as a potential stepdaddy I tried to be a positive influence to turn Thier lives around...

But it's hard to that when she allowed them to smoke weed in the house .,constantly babied them by giving them money and letting them stay with her as adults while they commited crimes....

But like Denzel said IT STARTS AT HOME...

I learned that when I went to the family reunion and got to meet her mama and pops...

The mama was on some Madea shyt.... talking shyt and went to church but had a side dude....60 years old with a side dude

The pops was a weed smoking WEAK AZZ MAN who let his woman and all the women of the family boss him around..

Right then and there I was like :hubie:

And when we returned home I made my exit plan...

Now she is SINGLE again with two kids in the system

And Y'ALL wanna blame Uncle Sam :camby:

You people will NEVER make it life :rudy:
It's sad that you had to go through that. When I was young I had an African teacher (Nigerian), South African teacher, and my parents tell me about how corrupt our system is. I'm 23 and never have I done anything to get myself in trouble legally. Because I know what that encompasses. The U.S. Justice System is rigged for a small few at the top. Why you think there's never been a millionaire on death row? I know once you go to prison you become the state's bytch and I'll never be a victim.

We really need to teach our Black youth about the system and how it's rigged, so they won't get caught up. However, we also need a strong family bond.

This just isn't a single issue problem.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
So the mass incarceration of black men hasn't contributed to the single mother cycle?

Of course it has SOME effect

But Not the SINGLE MOTHERS I've dated

:manny:

They CHOSE these dudes ..

Look at Casonova Babymama....

She knew he was a robbing azz mofo ..she even went on heists with him on some Bonnie n Clyde shyt

Then when he gets his azz locked up ..

She starts :to: crying cause he wasn't there for the baby shower and she fears raising her child alone

Most of these dudes had children from previous relationships that they were not taking care of....

Stop making excuses and start making changes...

U cant defend all these Ig thots and club Byatches seeking guys who don't have father figure characteristics....

Most of these hoes ain't seeking a daddy...

The Government got they back....

They just wanted to have FUN with no ACCOUNTIBILITY..and now the children have to suffer...

Cause mama wanted a HOT BOY

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I'm not surprised by this statement. You don't become as successful as Denzel, a black man in the media capital of white supremacy, without making a compromise with the devil. If Denzel said the exact opposite, that black men and women are victims of a racist criminal justice system expressly engineered to imprison them and destroy black families, he would have a hard time getting work on Oprah's network.

loool breh where didyou come from, i keep seeing you post about the same stuff

trying to use that chocolate bunny to play soft

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why people say black folks are really conservatives

Denzel’s point has been for 20 years by Bill O’reilly
Yep exactly shyt is deplorable imo and whats really funny is we have found out how much of a shyt person and parent O'reilly is in the last few years.

Curufinwe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Brussel
He's getting old. I see this all the time, including with my own father. Once black men enter a certain age, they just lose any will to maintain their resolve, submitting to white supremacy and becoming a parrot of its talking points. Older black men like dikk Gregory (RIP) seem to be the exception nowadays.
Or they just get wiser and understand that human being have to live with the consequences of their poor choices...

If you sell drugs, got to the club, have 3 children with 2+ differents wives that's a choice.

You can also become a lawyer, accoutant and live a regular life.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He's getting old. I see this all the time, including with my own father. Once black men enter a certain age, they just lose any will to maintain their resolve, submitting to white supremacy and becoming a parrot of its talking points. Older black men like dikk Gregory (RIP) seem to be the exception nowadays.
The problem is they really do not understand the correlation of inter-generational trauma and poverty with crime

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Thing I have noticed is that people who were headed down a path of self destruction, but turned their lives around have the mentality of “if I did it, so can you.” I’m sure he’s aware that the system isn’t fair, but he wants people to make smarter decisions.

“Society’s a weak excuse for a man.”
-Slick Rick

One thing I will say is, he probably isn’t taking into account some of the foundation and help he’s had along the way that enabled him to make those smarter decisions so that he wouldn’t end up like some of his old friends.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Or they just get wiser and understand that human being have to live with the consequences of their poor choices...

If you sell drugs, got to the club, have 3 children with 2+ differents wives that's a choice.

You can also become a lawyer, accoutant and live a regular life.
Spoken like a true white conservative.

You really sound smart perpetuating Fox News talking points :skip:

Depreciating Asset

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
Just going to leave a few items here for Mr. Washington to peruse while he is enjoying the $100 a plate sunday buffet this weekend at the Beverly Hills Ritz Carlton:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5961748

More Blacks Imprisoned Under '3 Strikes,' Study Says

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...-cam-video-shows-officers-plant-drugs-n789396

Ending New York’s Stop-and-Frisk Did Not Increase Crime

The Racist Housing Policy That Made Your Neighborhood

https://www.criminallawandjustice.co.uk/features/Link-Between-Poverty-and-Crime

Thank you Mr. Washington. You may now return to your bloody Mary's and lobster and grits. Hopefully you have been enlightened. :usure:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Keep bringing children into the world that you can't adequately protect and complain about what white people do to them.
Can't adequately protect? What the fukk is that supposed to mean? Literally by what standard? If you can't teach your kids martial arts you should have procreation rights taken away? If you can't afford bodyguards for children?
We know for a fact that even white law institutions claim black men ACTUALLY have a legitimate reason to flee from the police. SJC stands by decision that Black men have cause to flee police - ACLU Massachusetts
  • In 2014, African Americans constituted 2.3 million, or 34%, of the total 6.8 million correctional population.
  • African Americans are incarcerated at more than 5 times the rate of whites.
  • The imprisonment rate for African American women is twice that of white women.
  • Nationwide, African American children represent 32% of children who are arrested, 42% of children who are detained, and 52% of children whose cases are judicially waived to criminal court.
  • Though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately 32% of the US population, they comprised 56% of all incarcerated people in 2015.
NAACP | Criminal Justice Fact Sheet

You really think this comes down to something inherently wrong with the black community?

We know that a black man in front of a white judge is disproportionately more likely to be imprisoned. Those are things that can be changed with the proper application of resources and unrelenting effort, but you want to talk about black people having too many children.

You sound funny breh.