Dentist office goes viral for banning bonnets

Yas

Banned
Daps
Same people supporting this and calling it having standards, get all up in arms when a white business tries to ban locs and afro's as part of a 'dress code' and yet don't see the irony. :mjpls:
It's not the same thing, you can't take off your locs and afros like you can a bonnet. Two of those things are culture one is not.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My question is why is bonnet and pajama wearing in public connected to black identity so hard?

The black community didn’t have these things as part of our culture in past generations. When did this become so ingrained that not accepting it is seen as anti black?

White people wear bonnets and pajamas too. Why aren’t they offended? Is it because they only rock it at home?
I think its because Kevin at the time said something about wearing bonnets in public as not being appropriate for establishing a healthy image of BW or something like that. And in retaliation you had women that started doing it out of spite on some fukk you! You're not gonna tell me what I can and can't do type of bullshyt. Sad.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
My question is why is bonnet and pajama wearing in public connected to black identity so hard?

The black community didn’t have these things as part of our culture in past generations. When did this become so ingrained that not accepting it is seen as anti black?

White people wear bonnets and pajamas too. Why aren’t they offended? Is it because they only rock it at home?
a bonnet is just a hat, people only have a problem with because its associated with black folks, just like durags.

notice nobody ever says anything about any other type of headwear.
you can walk anywhere wearing any of these on your head, and nobody will say its classless,
hats-caps-headwear-icons_8071-4493.jpg

Why do you think that is? i even showed example of amish women wearing bonnets outside is accepted.
targeting black women's bonnets is entirely a racial thing.

Daps
Ratchet doesn’t have a uniform.

I'm a black business professional, but you'd call me a rachet for wearing slides in public? I bet you wouldn't say that shyt about a white man wearing open toe'd sandals or white folks who wear ripped up clothes and call it "fashion"

Like comon man, they specifically said "bonnets" when all they had to put was hat's. You know what they didn't put hats right?

Don't play dumb here

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I think its because Kevin at the time said something about wearing bonnets in public as not being appropriate for establishing a healthy image of BW or something like that. And in retaliation you had women that started doing it out of spite on some fukk you! You're not gonna tell me what I can and can't do type of bullshyt. Sad.
I remember when the comedian Monique came out and politely asked our sistas to not wear bonnets at the airport. It’s a bad look. Black women torched the fukk out of her.

They want to fight for the right to do the most ratchet shyt. It makes no sense

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Why is it so hard for people to look decent when stepping out the house?!:why: Not saying you need to dress up like you're going to church but damn have some decency.

And before any of y'all try it, I was in Walmart on Wednesday and saw a few white women wearing pajama pants, a t-shirt that barely fit them because of their gut, and they looked like they hadn't showered. :scust:
Dudes literally show their racist ways. Plenty white people do the same