Dentist office goes viral for banning bonnets

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear this a lot from black medical professionals. @Ziggiy pretty much nailed the biggest gripe of why they hate to see people like that walking into their practice. Also, most of them are older and think it’s tacky and representative of an unproductive attitude. They just want their folks to do better. :yeshrug:

Notice that the dentist didn’t have to add sagging pants or caps/durags to the list. :pachaha:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Yep, and if i wanted to ruin her business i could hire some to make appointments at her business.
if she turns them away, religous discrimination lawsuit.
if she lets them wear them, but not black folks, racial discrimination lawsuit.

Yep

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i would like to hear her reasoning.

if it's because people come in there smelling like BO or something, I don't really blame her.

i don't really see what it matters what you wearing if they're cleaning your teeth tho.

all that being said, i wonder how legal this is :jbhmm:

Daps
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
my dentist black. if he pulled this, they'd lose half their customers :mjlol:

See its not even a “black” thing. Its a standards thing

About a year ago I went in for a routine checkup, nothing crazy. I’m sitting there amongst the other patients waiting to be called to the back and there’s a white chick that comes in, pajama bottoms and a scarf on. Only thing is the pajama bottoms were hanging off this chick so bad almost her whole ass is hanging out, thong showing and everything. This is with little kids and shyt around. This woman didn’t even have the common DECENCY to wear something that wouldn’t have her bottom hanging out around a public place where CHILDREN would be.

shyt had me wondering just what the hell this world has come to.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Why is it so hard for people to look decent when stepping out the house?!:why: Not saying you need to dress up like you're going to church but damn have some decency.

And before any of y'all try it, I was in Walmart on Wednesday and saw a few white women wearing pajama pants, a t-shirt that barely fit them because of their gut, and they looked like they hadn't showered. :scust:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
My question is why is bonnet and pajama wearing in public connected to black identity so hard?

The black community didn’t have these things as part of our culture in past generations. When did this become so ingrained that not accepting it is seen as anti black?

White people wear bonnets and pajamas too. Why aren’t they offended? Is it because they only rock it at home?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
See its not even a “black” thing. Its a standards thing

About a year ago I went in for a routine checkup, nothing crazy. I’m sitting there amongst the other patients waiting to be called to the back and there’s a white chick that comes in, pajama bottoms and a scarf on. Only thing is the pajama bottoms were hanging off this chick so bad almost her whole ass is hanging out, thong showing and everything. This is with little kids and shyt around. This woman didn’t even have the common DECENCY to wear something that wouldn’t have her bottom hanging out around a public place where CHILDREN would be.

shyt had me wondering just what the hell this world has come to.
Our standards have gone to shyt. We are in a society where if you have standards you are shamed.