Demon's Souls (PS5)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got this and man I remember why when Dark Souls came out I thought it was watered down. Demon's Souls is a lot more unforgiving than the rest of the souls games. Equip and item burden. No respec. Hard caps on who you can randomly summon. World tendencies. Your healing items don't restock on death. You have to use your own healing items in co-op they don't give you anything.

I guess I'm too much of a vet of this franchise now though because this all seems so familiar too me. Honestly as great as these graphics are this game is lacking something that is missing from the rest of the Souls games though and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

I kind of wish they would remake dark souls 1 like this, its easily my favorite int he series. People would prob complain since they already released the half assed remastered though

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I kind of wish they would remake dark souls 1 like this, its easily my favorite int he series. People would prob complain since they already released the half assed remastered though

I think Bluepoint should try there hand at their own original content and release a 6th arch stone DLC for this.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I couldn’t replay this game like I did Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and Nioh 2. It’s a great game but the combat system feels dated and magic is extremely broken compared to later Soulsborne games. The PVP is also unbalanced.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I couldn’t replay this game like I did Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and Nioh 2. It’s a great game but the combat system feels dated and magic is extremely broken compared to later Soulsborne games. The PVP is also unbalanced.

Bolded: Not really. It's the same combat system as in Dark Souls bro, just you have a lot more viable builds in this one. I just wish Bluepoint fixed the backstab hit detection, it's still kind of janky. Other than that it is the most responsive and has the proper weight to it as well. I agree with @Gizmo_Duck , I wish they would remake Dark Souls.

Italics: I agree. Magic was always OP as fukk in Demon's Souls. Doesn't help any character build can use magic as well. PVP needs some tweaks as well.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
beat flamelirker last night, he was a motherfukker

Also...how come I never get summoned for boss battles? I’m sure I’m level appropriate for the areas I’m in, just tryna grab that trophy

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
finally got this brehs, played until the first boss and died, saved at the nexus. Obviously i can explore and learn but any tips for a beginner which location should i warp too first. As a sekiro gamer one thing i immediately noticed was that the combat is "slow" and deflects and dodges while not hard i just have to get use to them especially coming from that game. I'm a knight by the way

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
finally got this brehs, played until the first boss and died, saved at the nexus. Obviously i can explore and learn but any tips for a beginner which location should i warp too first. As a sekiro gamer one thing i immediately noticed was that the combat is "slow" and deflects and dodges while not hard i just have to get use to them especially coming from that game. I'm a knight by the way

Magic is OP a fukk. If you want to break the game go for a magic build

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Magic is OP a fukk. If you want to break the game go for a magic build
Yep pretty much. I generally use melee builds in From Software games but had to make it a hybrid magic build to optimize for this game

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
beat it a while ago, on ng+ now. allant is the hardest boss imo, flamelurker 2nd, and penetrator tied with Garl Vinland for third. most bosses weren't hard but a lil bit of learning and grinding/adapting with magic was required.

warding is a must, that shyt is clutch. anti-magic field is really only useful in the tower of hope portion, i think anything else is just long ranged attacks and not magic (i've tested it out a bit). offensive Projectile magic is meh, don't really use it, other offensive magic like death cloud and gods wrath are cool though. health related miracles are cool but i don't use them for some reason (resurrection, regeneration, heal) i guess since warding is my go to i'd rather not waste mp on other shyt, plus i got a regenerators ring and the adjudicator's shield as well as multi moon grasses.

currently pure white in everything including character tendency, i might go all black maybe at ng+3 idk. currently grinding to reach the first soft caps at lvl 30 for all stats, think i'm soul level 120ish. trynna finish up this allant fight but dude done soul sucked (:dame:) me multiple times and is becoming annoying. I'm rocking the ancient kings armour set, northern regalia and dark silver shield (along with adjudicator's shield for fast healing). probably gonna switch to the blueblood sword plus light weapon at later ng runs. magic sword makoto is my shyt, ran with it my first play through only wish you could buff it but oh well, i like the large sword of moonlight but it seems limited and not very suitable for some areas/later ng runs.