Democrats purposing 2k per person every month.Suspending Mortgage/credit card etc payments

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
:francis:
Senate Republicans released their proposal for a third coronavirus relief package Thursday as Washington moves swiftly to try to head off economic disaster.

The 247-page legislation introduced by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell includes cash payments of up to $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for couples. The sum would go up by $500 for every child.

The check totals would start to phase out above $75,000 in adjusted gross income based on 2018 tax returns. People with non federal tax liability would get only $600.

McConnell said the bill includes four major components: “direct financial help” for Americans, “rapid relief” for small businesses, “significant steps to stabilize our economy” and “more support” for health care professionals and patients. The proposal is not a finished product: Republicans and Democrats are expected to meet Friday to hash out details.

The Senate has been under immense pressure to get a deal done with the House and Trump administration as quickly as possible. The ailing U.S. airline industry, which is expecting financial relief from the package, has rung the alarm of the catastrophic impact the halt in travel has on business. It is unclear how much longer companies can stay afloat without federal relief.
Senate GOP releases coronavirus relief plan with up to $1,200 in cash payments to individuals

Daps
But you don't have a trillion dollars:mjlol: If we were talking about reparations then I'd understand. Otherwise it's broke boys got they hands held out.

Forreal though, for the people who need it I understand. I'm just wondering about the repercussions down the line. The U.S. dollar has gotten weaker and weaker the past 20 years. shyt even in early 2000s shyt was way cheaper:francis:
So, people whose jobs were abruptly lost in the industries shut down by the crisis are beggars with their hands out? :gucci:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
What is a "non federal tax liability"?

Not having kids or anyone to claim? :lupe:
A tax liability is the total amount of tax debt owed by an individual, corporation or other entity to a taxing authority like the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). ... No tax liability means the taxpayer's total tax liability was zero in the prior year, or they did not have to file a tax return.

Daps
Don’t sweat this. It’s a stalling tactic, a ploy to show their base that they’re not abandoning their core conservative principles. This will never pass the House. Eventually, when it’s reported that Democrats are trying to issue cash with no exceptions, as people’s suffering under this shutdown worsens, Republicans will fold and come to the table with concessions. This is all a game of chicken and Republicans know that, ultimately, they are committing political suicide if they make people jump through hoops for these checks while the world around them burns. There is zero chance Republicans don’t budge on means testing as the numbers of infected snd jobless rise. Zero.
:russ:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
The Senate actually could very well pass this to save face. This entire fiasco along with the stock market sucking ass is making Republicans look bad as hell right now. I don't think people realize Trump has 3 strikes against him here. 1) The virus starts cutting up across the globe and this dude says it's a hoax.:francis: If he had jumped on this shyt then it wouldn't be nearly as bad now. 2) His late response is causing everybody to have to play catch up. This is the closest I've seen him to being humbled since he took office. It still doesn't buy him a pass in my eyes. 3) The stock market, although it's only partly related to the virus, has run out of steam. The Fed is putting 1.5 trillion into it and it still isn't enough. If we have 1.5 trillion dollars to put into a dropping stock market then we have 2 grand to give to the citizens. Especially since this is clearly where their government has failed them.:hhh:

This is some fukk shyt this country is going through and it could have been avoided. If for no other reason than to atone for the bullshyt, cut the check.:stopitslime: