Democrat Proposes 1,000% tax On AR-15s that would raise price by up to $20,000

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Exactly. shyt like saying well why you making it hard to buy RPGs and grenade launchers. People still gonna buy hand guns....:snoop:

There is no reason for civilian folks to be able to buy grade A military automatic rifles. shyt is made to wipe out tons of people and soldiers in a matter of seconds.

I would take my chance with a fool with a hand gun then a fool with a automatic military rifle.
Civilians can't own automatic rifles and haven't been able to own them for several decades. The few civilians who do legally own them, have to go through a more thorough background check, and pay the required fees. Plus the automatic rifles that are available to purchase usually cost more than $20,000 which most people don't have.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
"grade A military automatic rifles" :dead:

This is the problem that always arises with this discussion. The most vocal people don't even know what they're talking about. Everything they know about guns comes from Liberal media that purposefully parrots misinformation about firearms.

Media like MSNBC actually has people believing you can buy fully-auto assault rifles from Wal-Mart like you're buying a screwdriver.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m genuinely asking this. For everyone that is saying people will just do x or they will just do y. Why hasn’t this been done yet? There is this constant discussion about what people will do if we try something at all but what has been speculated has not happened yet? Am I wrong in stating that AR-15s have been used the most in these mass shootings? So we have something concrete that we can point to because we have evidence. Why is there such a strong discussion on what people might do in response when there is smaller evidence to support that at the moment?

There was an assault weapons ban that was enacted in 1994 that did little to nothing to curb gun violence.

Lunatics are going to find ways to kill; no ban is going to magically stop them.

I find it disturbing that there is this constant drumbeat to disarm law-abiding citizens. There are shootings in major urban areas daily (none are committed by the scary AR-15), prosecutors are literally dumping criminals back into communities, police do next to nothing and you trust the fukkin government to protect you and your property after it disarms you?

Daps
This won't solve anything. You can buy the parts and put together your own assault rifle.

You can buy your own fentanyl operation. Nobody cried about parkers law.... and this is not even giving jail time. Its saying save up longer until you at least go to college and might get some p*ssy before you decide to shoot up school children.

Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Bruh…you’re responses be so disingenuous, lol. You know damn well why an automatic rifle would be considered a war weapon and why a pistol would not, even if used by soldiers as well.

I’m not even gonna get into some of the other stuff you’ve responded with.

All in all, there a bunch of “well this doesn’t fix ALL gun violence” so we shouldn’t do it. Gun violence is never going away. EVER. All we can hope to do is reduce the number of occurrences and/or the number of people who die in each occurrence.

Except civilian model ars are not automatic. They are semiautomatic just like pistols. You can't just go in a gun store and purchase an automatic weapon. You have to file paperwork with the ATF, likely wait 9 months, and pay $20,000 for the weapon itself.

AR doesn't stand for assault rifle. It stands for armalite rifle, so these assault rifles that everyone is crying about can't even be obtained by the vast majority of civilians because an assault rifle has to have an automatic mode.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
you get a tax credit for having a tesla because it's supposedly less dangerous to the environment. this is like the inverse of that concept. nobody said you have a right to cheap guns

In the U.S. we have a constitutional right to own arms. Courts have ruled this includes guns regardless of cost.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
democrats are fukkin stupid

ar 15 are not assault rifles.. an assault rifle is fully auto

tax the ar

its plenty of 5.56's 90 times better than that bullshyt

cz bren 2 ms carbine..the sig mcx..the xcr

u can goto promag n get a 50 rd drum for ya gloc 43..17..23

u can put a 30rd drum on a got damn 12 guage

no matter the artillery... u can still shoot shyt up..

hell goto gun shows buy them from private sellers for fraction of the cost..

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Because the Supreme Court would block it.

Handguns are nowhere near as deadly, efficient, or accurate as rifles.
Thats why all of these shooters choose to use rifles.

I agree that the country is too far gone, but this would make things a little better.

Handguns are every bit as effective at rifles at close range, which is where most of these killings are taking place at. Running in a classroom with a Desert Eagle is every bit as effective as shooting a rifle. The Virginia tech shooter killed over 30 with a glock 19 and a walther, which are both pistols. 2/3rds of gun deaths is from handguns.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Except civilian model ars are not automatic. They are semiautomatic just like pistols. You can't just go in a gun store and purchase an automatic weapon. You have to file paperwork with the ATF, likely wait 9 months, and pay $20,000 for the weapon itself.

AR doesn't stand for assault rifle. It stands for armalite rifle, so these assault rifles that everyone is crying about can't even be obtained by the vast majority of civilians because an assault rifle has to have an automatic mode.
most ppl dont even know that

jus about every gun can be modified to be fully auto...ppl can goto youtube n learn been there for decades

Daps
In the U.S. we have a constitutional right to own arms. Courts have ruled this includes guns regardless of cost.

Yeah we are passed that part of the debate my guy. Guns are already heavily regulated and there was even a prior assault rifle Ban like 20 years ago! We are passed the constitutional argument! :what:

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The military can't be used domestically unless martial law is implemented. No governor is going to activate the national guard to go around forcefully taking citizens rifles. No mayor is going to order their police officers to go door to door taking peoples guns. :unimpressed:
where was the bloodbath gonna happen breh? :lolbron:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps

I was simply responding to your comment about why pistols aren’t considered war weapons. I’m not the initial person you were talking to so I wasn’t about to get into why that doesn’t really matter either. You move the goal posts every time you respond by pointing out a separate loosely related “flaw” in someone’s argument and ignoring the point they’re making. You’re a terrible person to have a conversation with because you never answer a question directly. You even started rambling on about the meaning of AR when I didn’t say anything about automatic or semi-automatic rifles specifically, lol. That’s useless information as a response to MY post.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was an assault weapons ban that was enacted in 1994 that did little to nothing to curb gun violence.

Lunatics are going to find ways to kill; no ban is going to magically stop them.

I find it disturbing that there is this constant drumbeat to disarm law-abiding citizens. There are shootings in major urban areas daily (none are committed by the scary AR-15), prosecutors are literally dumping criminals back into communities, police do next to nothing and you trust the fukkin government to protect you and your property after it disarms you?
I'm trying to understand this point of view because I think more often than not the gun argument issues get conflated way too often. The gun law measures that are being discussed are for the purposes of preventing mass shootings. For our purposes, we are addressing mass shootings in public places where innocent unarmed individuals are killed by gunman with AR-15s. So when we discuss gun violence I don't understand why street violence is always being added to the conversation as if that's where the discussion begins.

If AR-15s aren't being used in the majority of street crimes (you mentioned shootings in major urban areas), why is that brought into the discussion about addressing AR-15s in mass shootings?

Also, I'm not saying it could never happen but I'm constantly seeing this pervasive concern that the government will disarm law-abiding citizens. It has me wondering what historical evidence is there that this has happened in the last 50 years. We know how many people want to uphold the 2nd amendment which has been misinterpreted and twisted into what it is today (which is incorrect) but no one in office has been proposing marching into people's house and confiscating all of their guns. So why do these discussions always devolve to this talking point?