Democrat Proposes 1,000% tax On AR-15s that would raise price by up to $20,000

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I see where we disagree. Guns are not the main variable. If assult rifles are banned, they same people would use bombs, hand guns, or any other means. It's like saying take away guns and people will think twice about killing people which is not true.
It's interesting cause I see this argument all the time. "same people would just use bombs, handguns, rocks, sticks, knives, etc."

Yet many other Western countries who took this approach to ban assault rifles or severely limit access saw their mass killings and mass gun homicides go way down after.

But of course this is America. We're just so special and so unique that nothing that works in other counties could ever work here

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
My thing is we don't know that. Simply because it hasn't happened yet. Fair enough.
We have an idea based on what other countries have done and the results they got.

but we tend to have this false sense of superiority that what other countries do like better Healthcare systems can never work here

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
What is a 'war weapon'? Sounds like some nonsensical Democrat term to try to demonize ARs.

This is what you responded to me with. You literally said 'automatic rifles' are considered 'war weapons'. I responded that the vast majority of citizens cannot obtain an automatic rifle and an ar is NOT automatic. The rifles used in those mass shoots are NOT automatic. Is an 'automatic rifle a weapon of war because they are automatic or because they are rifles?

What would a rifle do at close range that a pistol like a desert eagle wouldn't?

I mentioned automatic weapons because you implied that those weapons would actually be considered war weapons and there was a comparison between weapons that would be considered made for war vs. not being made for war. That’s it.

I only used the term war weapon because that is the language you used. But we both know what is being said. Honestly, I’ve never heard that term before this thread.

Again, you’re ignoring the point of the post and using a straw man argument to deflect.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
We can at least start by doing nation wide gun buy backs, making it so everybody has to be screened before buying guns, making people that want to buy guns give 3 references, and holding the references responsible if the gun owner does some stupid shyt, I mean, anything is better than just looking at it and saying “it’s too big of a problem now, we just have to deal with the consequences”. I get it, a lot of people have just decided that they like the country the way it is, and the hyper violence is something that they have conditioned themselves to embrace, but life is already pretty fukking hard, don’t you hate to see that the new number one cause of death of a whole age range of children is guns now? I’m a nobody, surrounded by a bunch of other nobodies, so knowing that ain’t shot gonna change, I’m allowed to give my thoughts, even if I’m just yelling into a void. My ideas might not be a solution, but they are better than “let’s not do anything”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
9fGOBWx_d.webp

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
It's interesting cause I see this argument all the time. "same people would just use bombs, handguns, rocks, sticks, knives, etc."

Yet many other Western countries who took this approach to ban assault rifles or severely limit access saw their mass killings and mass gun homicides go way down after.

But of course this is America. We're just so special and so unique that nothing that works in other counties could ever work here
There is a big difference. Other countries don't have nut jobs like America. Still, people say that but don't mention the gun violence stats countries had prior to them banning assult rifles.

Daps
Not worried about the government. They got so many fancy azz guns, neurotoxins etc., that we'd be food even WITH everyone owning AR-15.

Criminals will find a way to get weapons but making it harder to get guns in general should happen...at least a process that's more uniform across the country.

Daps
So you can't protect yourself with a handgun?

Yes but not as effective as with an semi auto rifle. Now, have you shot both to understand why being able to protect yourself with one is way easier than with the other? If not, you're speaking from ignorance :ufdup:

Blind leading the blind with this gun control talk. Yall don't even understand the difference between an AR-15, "assault" weapon (ain't no such thing) and a semi auto rifle but yall talking about a ban
:gucci: :camby:

If politicians that are trying to change things actually knew how fukked up gun laws currently are, they would be trying to simplify laws not add more. The former, actually would do what yall are hoping (less access to guns for law abiding civilians cause that's the problem lol) while the latter will just create loopholes, inadvertent criminals and more incentive for guns to be on the black market :martin:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Once again, quite a few of you didn't read the article. The tax fee would also pertain to any magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or more, and "weapons with one or more military characteristic including a pistol grip, a forward grip, or a folding or telescoping stock".

Possibly hundreds of kats would be "millionaires" overnight, and the kats that are left would be fukked.