Democrat Proposes 1,000% tax On AR-15s that would raise price by up to $20,000

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Banning one type of rifle because of the way it looks will not fix the violence problem in America.

Banning AR-15's specifically is dumb because there are literally a ton of other rifles that function the same as the AR-15, some shoot even more damaging rounds, that would still be legal.

You can tell these dudes don't know shyt about guns outside of the media.

The bushmaster will take its place.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Black people PLEASE learn your history about gun ownership and how we were terrorized by the KKK and other groups and the government turned a blind eye to us! I get things are tense and there should be changes made but an all out ban is a slap in a face to our ancestors that fought with guns to protect us.

Please learn your history.

yGNR8fV.jpg

We can have nuanced discussions on gun ownership but we need to educate ourselves on why they have been integral in Black progress since slavery.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
you'd have to be idiot to put your guns on the street after their value skyrockets by 1000%.
What woud happen is people like myself would stockpile them in advance of the ban, then try to sell them later on.
Essentially AR-15s would become the next PS5/Xbox series x. And everything would be in the hands of scalpers.
And only super rich people would be able to buy them. No need to worry about the street. Any dude using a gun worth 20K+ for criminal purposes would have to be dumb af. Better of selling that shyt instead. There's a reason people don't use tommy guns for mass shootings anymore.
the value of nfa guns comes from their pre-86 transferability and legality, once one falls of the NFRTR for whatever reason they become worthless. but criminals don't care if their gun's worthless on account of it not being on the registry, if they did then nobody would be wielding glock switches or lightning links, they'd be saving up $30k to buy a legit one instead.

i think what's been keeping proliferation of that kind of thing down until recently was that the manufacturing difficulty wasn't worth the risk of the ATF killing your dog, you could make an honest living as a machinist instead. now that it's so easy people with nothing to lose/who don't care about legalities can do it.

ion think the ease of manufacturing an AR is at that point yet but it's gonna be very soon and there's no closing the barn door once it does. as it is you can entirely 3d print one, the only professionally machined parts you need are the gas block and gas tube. how is having to spend $xx,xxx for a grandfathered AR gonna be an obstacle to someone who doesn't care about spending $50 to make an illegal one? it'll only be an obstacle to the poor person trying to live a law abiding life.

as an aside grandfathering can be revoked without compensation, new york state just did it for the second time in ten years

sorry for the rambling post in hindsight, i'm drunk as hell :pachaha:
In other words, only the rich and their security teams would own means of protecting themselves.

Better arm yourself before it's too late.
this post just reinforced for me how not serious this internet shyt is, i can call you a cac and a closeted faq in some other thread and dap you up in a different one lmao

Last edited:
Daps
Who are you to tell people what they NEED?

Who needs a Tesla? Who needs an Escalade? I mean a Geo Metro will accomplish the same task, it's just driving right?

you get a tax credit for having a tesla because it's supposedly less dangerous to the environment. this is like the inverse of that concept. nobody said you have a right to cheap guns

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The fukk you need an AR-15 to protect yourself for? Who are your enemies? The Russian army? :heh:

Why does anyone need a Camaro, Challenger, Corvette or any other gas guzzler when a Kia Sonata or Ford Focus will get them where they need to go and we need to 'save the environment?'

Most people buy rifles as range toys, use them for hunting or for actual self-defense, which is why murders with rifles is significantly lower than murders with pistols. Pistols are cheap and do the job just as well for close up encounters.

In terms of 'the Russian army', I'm sure those Ukranians never expected to be invaded. How about if China invades Taiwan, we jump in that war and now we have China and Russian troops on our soil? Or how about the most viable case, which is increasingly emboldened white supremacists who are ready to kick off a race war. Do you think the same cops that are taking Dylan Roof to burger king and letting hispanic kids die are going to help you out or will they show up only to clean up the bodies?

Gun control was instituted in the first place to prevent freed slaves from getting guns.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Black people PLEASE learn your history about gun ownership and how we were terrorized by the KKK and other groups and the government turned a blind eye to us! I get things are tense and there should be changes made but an all out ban is a slap in a face to our ancestors that fought with guns to protect us.

Please learn your history.

yGNR8fV.jpg

We can have nuanced discussions on gun ownership but we need to educate ourselves on why they have been integral in Black progress since slavery.

"nooooooo malcolm, put down that assault rifle :to:"

htfvje97tpz41.jpg

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
you get a tax credit for having a tesla because it's supposedly less dangerous to the environment. this is like the inverse of that concept. nobody said you have a right to cheap guns

We need to put a tax stamp on mansions, on models of Lexus's, Mercedes, BMWs, Chevy's, Dodge's, etc., that guzzle gas and make them 10,000 more expensive than they are too right? Nobody has a right to luxury because we need to save the environment

Daps
We need to put a tax stamp on mansions, on models of Lexus's, Mercedes, BMWs, Chevy's, Dodge's, etc., that guzzle gas and make them 10,000 more expensive than they are too right? Nobody has a right to luxury because we need to save the environment

uh yeah versions of that has been proposed or even implemented :skip: