Democrat Proposes 1,000% tax On AR-15s that would raise price by up to $20,000

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Unfortunately this is the case. Want to tax AR's so only the wealthy can afford them? Well they're are millions out there. Want to confiscate them? Good luck trying to get people to turn them in because you'll have a blood bath. Assault rifle ban? If it gets passed, there are millions of "assault rifles" out there. What about ghost guns? 3D printers can make them and unless a cop tries to inspect them to see the serial number or they're used in a crime, how would they even know if you have one?
A blood bath :russ:

Yeah, sure, gun owners are about to have shootouts with the military & cops instead of just tucking their tail between their legs and following the law.:deadrose:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
The whole “there are already so many out here” is such a dumb take, along with we just have accept mass shootings are a “cost of doing business” in America. Any civilized person/society doesn’t just accept that there is nothing to be done about it, so let’s not even try. The bloodlust/violence death cult shyt in America is a fukking disaster

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We need to put a tax stamp on mansions, on models of Lexus's, Mercedes, BMWs, Chevy's, Dodge's, etc., that guzzle gas and make them 10,000 more expensive than they are too right? Nobody has a right to luxury because we need to save the environment
That sounds good to me fam

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
The whole “there are already so many out here” is such a dumb take, along with we just have accept mass shootings are a “cost of doing business” in America. Any civilized person/society doesn’t just accept that there is nothing to be done about it, so let’s not even try. The bloodlust/violence death cult shyt in America is a fukking disaster

You have any potential solutions in mind?

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
Why does anyone need a Camaro, Challenger, Corvette or any other gas guzzler when a Kia Sonata or Ford Focus will get them where they need to go and we need to 'save the environment?'

Most people buy rifles as range toys, use them for hunting or for actual self-defense, which is why murders with rifles is significantly lower than murders with pistols. Pistols are cheap and do the job just as well for close up encounters.

In terms of 'the Russian army', I'm sure those Ukranians never expected to be invaded. How about if China invades Taiwan, we jump in that war and now we have China and Russian troops on our soil? Or how about the most viable case, which is increasingly emboldened white supremacists who are ready to kick off a race war. Do you think the same cops that are taking Dylan Roof to burger king and letting hispanic kids die are going to help you out or will they show up only to clean up the bodies?

Gun control was instituted in the first place to prevent freed slaves from getting guns.

nikka please :dead:

1. that will never happen

2. if it did, you think some the US military needs some hood nikkas with assault rifles out on the streets? :heh:

As for your car point, it's not the same. Cars are a luxury. Guns are not.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's pretty much how they do it in liberal states. Make it to expensive for a regular person to by a weapon. I wonder how the Supreme Court ruling will cha get things.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Fully automatic rifles are 'war weapons', not semi-automatic rifles. Soldiers also carry pistols and can carry shotguns as well, so are we going to consider those 'war weapons' as well?

The vast majority of murders in this country are committed by pistols BY FAR... and you're not going to be able to stop criminals from obtaining guns because they don't obey the law in the first place. You'll just create a lucrative gun market which will be supplied by our friends to the south of the border or you'll have criminals 3d print weapons.

How is this the best solution? White conservatives likely already own several ARs and crates of ammo. All this is going to do is bar blacks from legally getting these weapons because their price is now astronomical.

If you think the police are going to defend you when things break down... well if you want to take that risk, that's on you.
Bruh…you’re responses be so disingenuous, lol. You know damn well why an automatic rifle would be considered a war weapon and why a pistol would not, even if used by soldiers as well.

I’m not even gonna get into some of the other stuff you’ve responded with.

All in all, there a bunch of “well this doesn’t fix ALL gun violence” so we shouldn’t do it. Gun violence is never going away. EVER. All we can hope to do is reduce the number of occurrences and/or the number of people who die in each occurrence.

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Why not just propose to ban them?
Because the Supreme Court would block it.

The school shooters will just come in with multiple pistols and magazines.

Said before, will say it again…we are too far gone with guns. 100s of millions of guns out on the streets. Sorry but gun violence is not going away.

Handguns are nowhere near as deadly, efficient, or accurate as rifles.
Thats why all of these shooters choose to use rifles.

I agree that the country is too far gone, but this would make things a little better.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
This isn't a solution to anything. The general public is paranoid and stupid, see this thread. Ppl will starting modifying semi-automatics to mimic automatics...there will be a buying frenzy before the law is implemented....the exact opposite of what we want.

Manufacturers, at the very least, need to be targeted, nation wide. But they are in bed with the military.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not a civilian weapon by any stretch it's a war weapon, cut the bullshyt. If they can't get an outright ban this is the next best thing.

Exactly. shyt like saying well why you making it hard to buy RPGs and grenade launchers. People still gonna buy hand guns....:snoop:

There is no reason for civilian folks to be able to buy grade A military automatic rifles. shyt is made to wipe out tons of people and soldiers in a matter of seconds.

I would take my chance with a fool with a hand gun then a fool with a automatic military rifle.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
A blood bath :russ:

Yeah, sure, gun owners are about to have shootouts with the military & cops instead of just tucking their tail between their legs and following the law.:deadrose:
The military can't be used domestically unless martial law is implemented. No governor is going to activate the national guard to go around forcefully taking citizens rifles. No mayor is going to order their police officers to go door to door taking peoples guns. :unimpressed:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m genuinely asking this. For everyone that is saying people will just do x or they will just do y. Why hasn’t this been done yet? There is this constant discussion about what people will do if we try something at all but what has been speculated has not happened yet? Am I wrong in stating that AR-15s have been used the most in these mass shootings? So we have something concrete that we can point to because we have evidence. Why is there such a strong discussion on what people might do in response when there is smaller evidence to support that at the moment?