Debate: White Supremacy Vs. Self Accountability/Responsibility

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Have yall been keeping up with this story?:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/whoa...mpus-racism-updated-president-resigns.371058/

Thats just a small sample of our power when unified for a common cause. This is exactly what white supremacy doesnt want. White supremacy thrives off of our separation and our materialism. The day that we wake up, unify and become stingy with our money will be the day that Amerikkka turns upside down. This is why they constantly flood the t.v and airwaves with sounds and images that promote the concept of blacks being each others enemy and also the "spend spend spend" mentality.
Keep thinking its "just entertainment":sas2:

Penny 95

Pro
Daps
So basicly for "change" to happen, the white people who benefit from the system would have to have a change of heart and take their feet off our neck. Its on THEM, and not us to force change. gotcha.

And this isn't about "victim blaming" or respectability politics. Im simply wondering who's responsibility do we think it is in order for progression to happen.Are we really holding our breath for THEM to change?

In my opinion, it is society's responsibility as a whole to create and allow an environment for economic, social, political an cultural progression to flourish and proliferate. For this to happen white supremacy must be dismantled, which will allow for an even playing field. Only then will people be judged solely by their successes or failures. As Black people, we don't have to wait for anyone to begin the process of progress, but when the progress has limitations and restrictions due to our community being denied the resources to succeed,and constantly being threaten with imprisonment or death ,then we must address the issues that are impeding our progress and potential.

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is stupid.

Both communities are set in their ways.

Most people, white or black, are looking out for themselves as an individual.

If we're not attacking white supremacy, shining a light on its fallacies, then we are supporting it by instead choosing to villainize and denigrate blacks.

You've got your Fox News c00ns talking respectability politics and reverse racism, echoing white supremacist talking points with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. You've got your c00ns who, due to desperation plus ignorance or apathy, put material things above all else and get into a cycle of violence and self destruction.

These are both products of white supremacy. Both blacks and whites can and have worked to dismantle this system.

You're either with us or against us, breh. :francis:

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This is gonna strike some nerves:wow:

Let it....I can't blame the white man all day. I can acknowledge the game is rigged but, I have bills to pay. There's black immigrants who come over here with $1,000, bust their azz and end up living good 10 years in the future yet nikkas born here will stay in the projects all their lives. It's alot easier to complain about the bad hand you were given than to get up and do something :wow:

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps

If we're not attacking white supremacy, shining a light on its fallacies, then we are supporting it by instead choosing to villainize and denigrate blacks.

You've got your Fox News c00ns talking respectability politics and reverse racism, echoing white supremacist talking points with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. You've got your c00ns who, due to desperation plus ignorance or apathy, put material things above all else and get into a cycle of violence and self destruction.

These are both products of white supremacy. Both blacks and whites can and have worked to dismantle this system.

One could say to shine light on the fallacies of white supremacy you would need to villainize and denigrate certains blacks.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps

Then I'm against you. I disagree. Wholeheartedly. It's not about stopping white supremacy, it's about stopping black inferiority. It is about respectability politics. But not respect for ourselves to "earn" respect for them. They are going to hate us regardless. It's about self respectability because we deserve to respect ourselves. This is the most opportunity that black people have ever had in this country. Ever. And the truth is we don't know what to do with it. We're so concerned about making the game fair for all, that we never even end up playing it at all. It's about self respect and self accountability. We're complaining to the refs and they're on a fast break. This is the problem. Stop worrying about white people. Worry about blacks. Worry about us. First. We have to come first.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
It's about teaching black people not to be inferior. The inferiority complex that we have is just as bad as the superiority complex that they have.

100% correct:salute:

And this is why i speak on modern-day hiphop like i do. Its teaching us (specifically the youth) everything that white supremacy THRIVES on. Extreme materialism, seeing other blacks as the enemy, mysogyny against females, drug and alcohol abuse, gang activity and just promoting an overall criminal/destructive lifestyle as "cool".

Instead of our music (that THEY control btw) being used to uplift, motivate and promote intelligence, education, and unity its intentionally being used to affect the esteem of young impressionable minds and its listeners in general. Note how alot of the music is promoting and glorifying hard drug use lately. Its actually "cool" to be a drug addict now.

Now imagine education and black unity/love given the same platform to influence:wow:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
100% correct:salute:

And this is why i speak on modern-day hiphop like i do. Its teaching us (specifically the youth) everything that white supremacy THRIVES on. Extreme materialism, seeing other blacks as the enemy, mysogyny against females, drug and alcohol abuse, gang activity and just promoting an overall criminal/destructive lifestyle as "cool".

Instead of our music (that THEY control btw) being used to uplift, motivate and promote intelligence, education, and unity its intentionally being used to affect the esteem of young impressionable minds and its listeners in general. Note how alot of the music is promoting and glorifying hard drug use lately. Its actually "cool" to be a drug addict now.

Now imagine education and black unity/love given the same platform to influence:wow:
The only reason I disagree with the rap music argument is because black people are human beings. We are not brain dead dunces or dogs. We are capable of critical thinking. It's more about bad parenting and broken homes then it is about rap music. Poverty, the good etc. is your start, not your ending. It ain't home. It's just where you were born. I can't stress that enough.

Self accountability is the only solution. I don't know why that's so hard to accept.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The only reason I disagree with the rap music argument is because black people are human beings. We are not brain dead dunces or dogs. We are capable of critical thinking. It's more about bad parenting and broken homes then it is about rap music. Poverty, the good etc. is your start, not your ending. It ain't home. It's just where you were born. I can't stress that enough.

Self accountability is the only solution. I don't know why that's so hard to accept.

We'll agree to disagree about hiphop thats controlled by the enemy and its affects but you spitn fire in here:salute: