"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
For who though? That’s the thing who can they likely get for Randle that improves the team?

For draft picks at this point, can't ask for too much given that he's not that good.

And they likely get worse in the short run, with the potential to improve in the long run, independent of his mediocre play and contract clogging things up.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's wild how the bench depth can cover for so many injuries. No Kemba or Rose? Burks has a solid start that lets us switch on PnR defense and IQ comes off the bench to run the show well. Noel and Taj are out? Jericho Sims had a dunk and a block in his first few minutes.

The starting unit needs work obviously, but the pipeline is developing really nicely. Grimes looks ready to help thanks to his defense and his jumper will come. McBride seems ready too, though we haven't seen enough minutes to say much. Then you even look below that and Luka Samanic has started like a bat out of hell in the G-league. He's averaging 26, 9, and 3 (56% from the field and 39% from three) in the early going.

IQ is already starting to push for a starter's spot. Obi's only not pushing because of Randle being our top player. Grimes adds a dimension that none of our other wings has. RJ hasn't put it together, but he's flashed enough in all areas of the game and is 21. These young cats are going to make our established pieces expendable and that opens up trade options whether to upgrade with a package or to snag some extra draft picks.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Kemba out of the rotation. Burks starting at pg. Respect to thibs for finally making a tough decision.
It should be IQ starting but a decision was badly needed by Thibbs and he made it so props to him..

Hate it had to be the breh Kemba he had a good run

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
these nyc homecomings never turn out well
He doesn’t deserve to be out the rotation completely he hasn’t been that bad Thibs violated must be some behind the scene stuff going on.

If I were a ball player I wouldn’t play for the Knicks don’t know how many times Kemba has been asked or had to talk about this homecoming shyt and growing up a Knicks fan. :scust: