"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
no one is coming in free agency
we need to trade our assets (while they are still assets) and try to get lillard or simmons.

this reminds me of our team before the melo team. hot start, but in reality, a 6th or 7th seed team that isnt in that championship bubble.

RJ is da only one off limits
RJ ain’t untouchable either

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

juelz-talking.gif

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Just got back from Charlotte... We were well represented as usual in the crowd. I wanna say it was about 50-50. The place exploded after Obi's breakway dunk. I missed most of the first half because I was standing outside in a mob trying to enter what seemed to be a woefully understaffed Spectrum Center. You got about 4000 people trying to enter that side of the arena through about 2-3 entrances. Not even lines, just a mob. It was surprising that tempers didn't flare up. Speaking of tempers flaring up, almost to a man I'd say that we were all like :hhh::scust::picard::gucci::what::mjtf::snoop::pacspit::ufdup::scusthov::dahell::damn::aicmon::rudy::camby: at the substitution patterns. Obi, IQ and D Rose were cooking, but they get sat for the starters who got them in the hole in the first place....

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Why do you let julius get the ball every single time down like he's nikola jokic
why the fukk is he doing dribble hand offs, doing pick and pops, bringing the ball up, isolating 18 times a game. he isnt that dynamic a player to get leeway to have lazy closeouts....hunt uncontested defensive rebounds to stat pad(instead of leaking out and pushing the pace like obi)
Julius numbers look good on paper but you watch the fukkin game he's grossly inefficient and has mental lapses on defense, low iq isolations.
he thinks small forwards are mismatches on him.... THEY ARENT. he's not that explosive

this right here.

you see him with the ball longer than he should have and it's an instant liability.

we are not talking about some elite shot creator who can exploit any matchup and get a clean look at the basket. dude just aint it. doesn't mean he can't score but once whoever is running the point gives up that ball, Randle is munching up the clock and then you get some weird fadeaway in the corner and good luck getting that offensive rebound.

and for a dude who played 25+ mins, RJ was absolute shyt tonight. like his stat line looked like some shyt from a bench player who got 6 mins at the end of a blowout. WTF

this team is in trouble and better trade some rare footage of Willis Reed and giant Dolan bobblehead for Zion