"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

I feel like I went in on a lot of players in this one. Also had more heat for Thibs for not making quicker changes. Obi only 15 minutes with Randle playing like that, Wtf.

"I’m tempted to say “take him out of the starting unit” even though Robinson is not the problem with that group. I want to see more Mitch and Obi front-court work, and that brief run was enough to bump Mitch up to a 2.5 out of 5 on the night."

Maybe we need to start calling the bench mob the actual starters if they're the better more productive unit. Maybe the starting 5 needs to earn playing time among them like you suggest here.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
"I’m tempted to say “take him out of the starting unit” even though Robinson is not the problem with that group. I want to see more Mitch and Obi front-court work, and that brief run was enough to bump Mitch up to a 2.5 out of 5 on the night."

Maybe we need to start calling the bench mob the actual starters if they're the better more productive unit. Maybe the starting 5 needs to earn playing time among them like you suggest here.

That bench mob still has the identity they built last year. I definitely would like to see more staggering of the bench and starters to try and inject that mentality into players. RJ and Mitch have both gotten into nice runs when they staggered with the bench gang.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
The analytics hate R.J.’s game on both ends in fact they paint him as the biggest problem in our starting 5 :francis:
rj's main strengths are getting out in transition and everyone the starting lineup do not give a fukk about getting up and down the court
IMG_20211113_193213.jpg

i mean look at this shyt
literally all the people he plays with the most travel the least and the slowest on the roster.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Looking in as a Knick hater, your problems are your 2 shytty defensive guards you have starting. Kemba is a mismatch every night and y’all should have kept Bullock over Fournier.

Trade Randle as soon as you can. This is the best he’s gonna be. Better off building up Toppin.

Wow... just a terrible post from top to bottom. That's hard to do, congrats.