"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the Garden was rocking, and then the 4th quarter was amazing ...

seeing Randle live you leave watching him with two things....that is big mfer in person compare to his nba counterparts he is HUGE physically and Randle barely gets any easy shot his iso game is impressive but you can see where the boneheadness comes

that Obi toppin is a burst of energy if he had a pass first point guard he can easily average 16 to 18 in this league just off his effort and fast breaks, and i liked that front court with him and Mitch....

Also Mitch numbers were good but again with rolling bigs i just don't understand why they refuse to work on thier post game especially when they will get those switches on P N R

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yeah I like the fact they still made Jaylen work too. He could have easily had a 50 or 60 pt game but they made him work for shots and he got tired. That’s how you are supposed to deal with superstars going off. The main thing was don’t let Tatum get hot.

Flipside I am surprised Tatum took that last shot in OT, Brown been hot all night. Deferring to your team mate then is the right move. Tatum and Brown still feel like they coexist more than they are good together. Both are superstars but the chemistry just doesn’t seem nearly as good as their talent.

They need a PG that's gonna be the mediator. Until they get that, they won't turn the corner. A savvy vet that will wave them (mostly Tatum) off when they try to do too much. Conley fits that bill.

N.Y. State of Mind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MSG, Yankee Stadium, Metlife
IQ and McBride would ideally be the PG’s of the future. Grimes would be the future SG but they are all have ample time for development. I do think their is a competition for minutes but I expect them to both get their share. Thibs is all about “hot hands” when it comes to minutes.

Yeah I agree. IQ's decision-making is gonna be the difference between him getting 8 mpg like last night or 15-20mpg.

We have a great problem and I honestly think Thibs should've let Grimes get action in that 3rd quarter flurry. I'd like to see how be defends against the elite but of course he's a rookie and that be fukked up:mjlol::mjlol:Brown having a career game and you throw a rook on him:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Only way we could've stopped Brown last night was to triple-team him lol. What a great problem to have indeed....we've come a long way.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:ehh:

Great win. Knicks almost gave it away but didn't. That last shot in regulation from Brown was bonkers. And I'm not sure what Kemba was doing on that last play guarding Smart. But glad to see Fournier aka Fourny Cal has some grit. He hit some BIG shots.

Hopefully dude rides this wave all season and everyone else comes into their own. I felt a little uncomfortable watching possessions where Rose didn't even get the ball and he's playing point.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
fytb? We not throwing Quickley in the bushes

He took a long three he bricked badly (we know he’s capable of hitting rangy threes, it opens up our offense further, sometimes he gets fouled too) and led to a score on the other with our depth shyt like that will have you benched

But he will continue to get looks please don’t forget the microwave this guy is and him being solid defensively over Kemba and Rose

Last edited:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That flurry in the 3rd doesn't start if RJ didn't start getting to the line. That contact woke him up cause he jammed it the next time they had a fast break.

Including that killer stare

You know what time it is :myman:

giphy.gif

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
It's an interesting situation with Quickley. The team is invested in developing him and he's going to improve for sure, but with the pick up of Grimes and Mcbride, things are a little less certain. If his decision-making is slow to improve and his shot stays inconsistent, how long before Thibs goes to Grimes. We all know he's trying to win every game.

You could argue that Grimes fits in better with the second unit cause he's a bigger body, better defender, you already have Rose and Burks who can handle the ball, and he's as good a shooter, if not better. Moves without the ball in his hands and is a wiling passer. In a situation like last night where the Celtics staggered Brown and Tatum, instead of having Burks try to guard one of them, you could put Quentin on 'em. IQ is so dynamic though.

Way to early to lean one way or the other, but it's gonna be interesting to see how things develop.
I highly doubt McBride and Grimes will have any effect at all on IQ's playing time this season. Grimes and McBride will be lucky to get a 48 minutes of total playing time first 20 games, combined :hubie:

It's just the first game but if IQ gets into a major slup this season, those minutes will just be split between Rose, Kemba and Burks.

N.Y. State of Mind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MSG, Yankee Stadium, Metlife
I highly doubt McBride and Grimes will have any effect at all on IQ's playing time this season. Grimes and McBride will be lucky to get a 48 minutes of total playing time first 20 games, combined :hubie:

It's just the first game but if IQ gets into a major slup this season, those minutes will just be split between Rose, Kemba and Burks.

The only one who will have an effect on IQ's playing time is IQ. I think people are taking my comment as me saying we need to bench IQ for Grimes/Mcbride. That's not what I'm saying at all. No changes would be made for the first month anyways barring injuries. As long as he makes good decisions, he's gonna get his minutes, even if his three is off.

It's just a story-line that's intriguing to me that I'm gonna check out as the season progresses, among many others.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great game to start the season. They got me talking to the TV again and it's been a minute.

Shades of the Fizdale era at the end of regulation where the team seemed to collectively decide "maybe we don't deserve to win this game". I'm so glad they let me go to bed in peace.

Evan Fournier took more dribbles in this game than Bullock did in 2 seasons. Refreshing. And I'm glad to see he's not scared to let that thing go AND he's not scared of the Garden. We know in the past dudes come to play here and be like :lupe:

Kemba will be fine. He has to get used to the crowd reacting every time he jukes somebody. He don't know we aint had a PG with NY boogie since the 80's.

Obi :obama:

I feel sorry for Kevin Knox. After summer league his rookie year I remember he tweeted a pic of the retired jersey's in the rafters. He said "I'ma be up there some day". I was like No son noooooo :snoop:

The bball gods are punishing him for his insolence.