"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They need a PG that's gonna be the mediator. Until they get that, they won't turn the corner. A savvy vet that will wave them (mostly Tatum) off when they try to do too much. Conley fits that bill.
Talking about waiving off as much as we get on Kemba, there was this one possession with either Smart or Brown guarding Randle hard, and Randle is calling for the ball. Kemba looks at him and passes it to Fournier for a open three. It doesn’t count because Randle gets a off ball foul called on him, but I appreciated that…. Elfrid use to look for Randle exclusively, and as nice as Rose is he probably would have decided to try to score himself if Randle was guarded.

I still think Kemba will do well as the starting PG. Rose might get the majority of minutes but I don’t think Kemba is going to scrub it up like Elfrid did? Having better PG play around Randle is going to help the team so much.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's an interesting situation with Quickley. The team is invested in developing him and he's going to improve for sure, but with the pick up of Grimes and Mcbride, things are a little less certain. If his decision-making is slow to improve and his shot stays inconsistent, how long before Thibs goes to Grimes. We all know he's trying to win every game.

You could argue that Grimes fits in better with the second unit cause he's a bigger body, better defender, you already have Rose and Burks who can handle the ball, and he's as good a shooter, if not better. Moves without the ball in his hands and is a wiling passer. In a situation like last night where the Celtics staggered Brown and Tatum, instead of having Burks try to guard one of them, you could put Quentin on 'em. IQ is so dynamic though.

Way to early to lean one way or the other, but it's gonna be interesting to see how things develop.

I think the big thing is that there are gonna be situations to get McBride or Grimes on the floor with Kemba and Rose taking breaks. They're pushing IQ to flip the switch to PG from a scorer and it's tough, but it'll be important when guys are resting. I think Grimes would get the first look with IQ taking over PG duties (hence the emphasis on playmaking), but IQ has a tough job if one game he's supposed to be an off-ball gunner and the next he's asked to facilitate. They'll need time to help him work out the balance there and it could open doors for McBride or Grimes to steal some minutes on off nights...though at least early, you might also just see the rotation trimmed down instead like last night.

It's the best problem to have though. Too much depth ain't bad.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I know y'all dont fukk with me and I love trolling but on god the team looks really good. the team meshes really well unlike my Lakers :francis: high key they have a chance to be a top 2-3 team in the East
I still think you’re trolling with this comment. I’ve seen you maneuver these coli streets too long.:patrice:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I know y'all dont fukk with me and I love trolling but on god the team looks really good. the team meshes really well unlike my Lakers :francis: high key they have a chance to be a top 2-3 team in the East
:wow: My man is going to eat off Julius Randle credibility for the rest of his coli career and rightfully so

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I know the team is fatigued but the Orlando magic sent out a lineup of

-Franz Wagner
-Mo bamba
-Wendell Carter
-Jalen Suggs
-Cole Anthony

I feel like we should still take this W and get to see some Grimes and McBride play

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I know the team is fatigued but the Orlando magic sent out a lineup of

-Franz Wagner
-Mo bamba
-Wendell Carter
-Jalen Suggs
-Cole Anthony

I feel like we should still take this W and get to see some Grimes and McBride play
If Thibs finally trusts the depth we should win. He's so stubborn the starting 5 will be playing heavy minutes again :hhh: