"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He played 36 min:sadcam:Rose should've been in when Kemba hit 30:sadcam:

Rest games are gonna be key. Deuce will see some opportunities for sure...gonna have to if IQ doesn't clean up his act.

5r89p1.jpg

:mjlol: I'm kidding on Quick though. I think IQ will get right, consistency is gonna take a while because he's really building out his game. The decision-making was disappointing, but as long as his shot comes around I'm buying stock.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
When Fourny Cal outshoots chef curry and Julius Handle crosses up Bron from half court while Drose ominously looms in the background with a blank expression :blessed:

:ehh:

Great win. Knicks almost gave it away but didn't. That last shot in regulation from Brown was bonkers. And I'm not sure what Kemba was doing on that last play guarding Smart. But glad to see Fournier aka Fourny Cal has some grit. He hit some BIG shots.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Even though Randle gets most of the touches. I would love to see RJ get close to the same amount of touches like Randle. RJ got that DOG in him :wow:

Mitchell Robinson y’all :wow:
That flurry in the 3rd doesn't start if RJ didn't start getting to the line. That contact woke him up cause he jammed it the next time they had a fast break.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Rest games are gonna be key. Deuce will see some opportunities for sure...gonna have to if IQ doesn't clean up his act.

5r89p1.jpg

:mjlol: I'm kidding on Quick though. I think IQ will get right, consistency is gonna take a while because he's really building out his game. The decision-making was disappointing, but as long as his shot comes around I'm buying stock.
:dead:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:ehh:

Great win. Knicks almost gave it away but didn't. That last shot in regulation from Brown was bonkers. And I'm not sure what Kemba was doing on that last play guarding Smart. But glad to see Fournier aka Fourny Cal has some grit. He hit some BIG shots.
We lose this game last season. That growth :banderas:

N.Y. State of Mind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MSG, Yankee Stadium, Metlife

5r89p1.jpg

It's an interesting situation with Quickley. The team is invested in developing him and he's going to improve for sure, but with the pick up of Grimes and Mcbride, things are a little less certain. If his decision-making is slow to improve and his shot stays inconsistent, how long before Thibs goes to Grimes. We all know he's trying to win every game.

You could argue that Grimes fits in better with the second unit cause he's a bigger body, better defender, you already have Rose and Burks who can handle the ball, and he's as good a shooter, if not better. Moves without the ball in his hands and is a wiling passer. In a situation like last night where the Celtics staggered Brown and Tatum, instead of having Burks try to guard one of them, you could put Quentin on 'em. IQ is so dynamic though.

Way to early to lean one way or the other, but it's gonna be interesting to see how things develop.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's an interesting situation with Quickley. The team is invested in developing him and he's going to improve for sure, but with the pick up of Grimes and Mcbride, things are a little less certain. If his decision-making is slow to improve and his shot stays inconsistent, how long before Thibs goes to Grimes. We all know he's trying to win every game.

You could argue that Grimes fits in better with the second unit cause he's a bigger body, better defender, you already have Rose and Burks who can handle the ball, and he's as good a shooter, if not better. Moves without the ball in his hands and is a wiling passer. In a situation like last night where the Celtics staggered Brown and Tatum, instead of having Burks try to guard one of them, you could put Quentin on 'em. IQ is so dynamic though.

Way to early to lean one way or the other, but it's gonna be interesting to see how things develop.

IQ and McBride would ideally be the PG’s of the future. Grimes would be the future SG but they are all have ample time for development. I do think their is a competition for minutes but I expect them to both get their share. Thibs is all about “hot hands” when it comes to minutes.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
What a game my Knickas :wow::whoo::blessed:

Regardless of anything Rose needs to be on the court in clutch-time. Went through the end of the thread and I see most of us agree with that. We should've ended the game in regulation but we showed some growth and resilience to get in 2OT.

Really liked how RJ sticked with it despite contributing nothing in the first half. Obi shows some very good stuff. Mitch's gonna be a problem, he needs to work on his FTs, he might start getting a lot of them. Randle huge game but we ended up abusing the isolation at some points.

I like that Fournier kept shooting without zero conscious after he became cold in OT. He was missing a bunch of good looks. Gives an element that the Knicks have lacked with Bullock starting.

Fournier gives no fukks whatsoever lol. Ngl I was more excited about signing him than Kemba...he'll be a big piece too, but I feel that Fournier brings up scoring at the 2 guard we were really lacking and he has some toughness/short-term memory to him. He'll make some :dwillhuh: plays, but he can and will take and make big shots under pressure. I haven't really followed his NBA career but on Team France he's that dude.

Anyways what a way to start the season...hearing MSG like that is beautiful :mjcry:

GO NY GO NY GO

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

We have a great problem and I honestly think Thibs should've let Grimes get action in that 3rd quarter flurry. I'd like to see how be defends against the elite but of course he's a rookie and that be fukked up:mjlol::mjlol:Brown having a career game and you throw a rook on him:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
What a game my Knickas :wow::whoo::blessed:

Regardless of anything Rose needs to be on the court in clutch-time. Went through the end of the thread and I see most of us agree with that. We should've ended the game in regulation but we showed some growth and resilience to get in 2OT.

Really liked how RJ sticked with it despite contributing nothing in the first half. Obi shows some very good stuff. Mitch's gonna be a problem, he needs to work on his FTs, he might start getting a lot of them. Randle huge game but we ended up abusing the isolation at some points.

Fournier gives no fukks whatsoever lol. Ngl I was more excited about signing him than Kemba...he'll be a big piece too, but I feel that Fournier brings up scoring at the 2 guard we were really lacking and he has some toughness/short-term memory to him. He'll make some :dwillhuh: plays, but he can and will take and make big shots under pressure. I haven't really followed his NBA career but on Team France he's that dude.

Anyways what a way to start the season...hearing MSG like that is beautiful :mjcry:

GO NY GO NY GO
Obi and RJ getting Garden chants against Boston :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
We have a great problem and I honestly think Thibs should've let Grimes get action in that 3rd quarter flurry. I'd like to see how be defends against the elite but of course he's a rookie and that be fukked up:mjlol::mjlol:Brown having a career game and you throw a rook on him:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Yeah I like the fact they still made Jaylen work too. He could have easily had a 50 or 60 pt game but they made him work for shots and he got tired. That’s how you are supposed to deal with superstars going off. The main thing was don’t let Tatum get hot.

Flipside I am surprised Tatum took that last shot in OT, Brown been hot all night. Deferring to your team mate then is the right move. Tatum and Brown still feel like they coexist more than they are good together. Both are superstars but the chemistry just doesn’t seem nearly as good as their talent.