Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Only got one road left to rebuild, brehs. :lupe:

Had to trigger some Catcher fights to stack up on chiralium but locked and loaded with shotguns, machineguns and blood bags they don't stand a chance. :whew:

Then I can finally move on with the story too. :deadmanny:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Finished Death Stranding yesterday after getting it on Boxing Day and... :wow: I loved it. The story is amazing. The traversing over rocks and snow was super annoying and I really didn't want to have to build roads just to not get jumped by BTs, and the combat was decent for what it was, but the story itself was stellar in my opinion.

It's definitely not a game for everyone, and it's completely understandable that you either like it or not, but I certainly enjoyed my time in the game. I like that the game is bold enough to make majority of the game play literally fetch-quests while also linking huge story elements to it, I feel like most developers wouldn't make that choice for very legitimate reasons. And while it definitely does get tedious and you just want to get back to the story and figure out what's next, I think it fits. You're reconnecting America piece by piece while playing as a man who's chosen self-exile and rejects human contact completely... Whereas on the flip-side, Amalie is someone who wanted to bring people together from the beginning and people admired her from the jump due to her leadership.

This journey is just as much about Sam as it is about America, and you notice that the more he helps others, the more you see him care about everything around him. He still acts like how he usually does: pretty stoic and detached, but when the situation comes for it... You see his willingness to go the extra mile every single time. And despite his very closed-off nature, the fact that people email him often after he helps them says volumes about Sam, they all know he's a good dude.

But man... My dude Cliff took so many Ls. :mjcry: At least he finally knows that his BB turned out to be just fine in the end. :wow: And, at least Die-Hardman tried to help him out as much as possible, but he still had to follow orders... And he ain't even the one who pulled the trigger in the end either. Damn.

See the sun set, the day is ending... Let that yawn out, there's no pretending... :mjcry:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Reached Chapter 10 today and as it's obvious I'm close to reaching the end game I finally bothered to check how much time I put into the game until this point. I was surprised to see that I've been in for over 80 hours. :whoo:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Ok, I finally got into this over the past week. Still om Ch. 3 because I got addicted to the Standard Deliveries. Getting 'S' Legend of Legends on almost every delivery. Also getting new weapons via story and via ranking up UCA Strands. I used to run from MULES. Now I run to them. BTs are still a little intimidating, but now that I have 2 or 3 options to combat them, it's not quite as intense. I also realized that Timefall doesn't damage the cargo even IF the container is ruined. That made it less intimidating.

I know Kojima has a tendency to let you think you have it all figured out -- right before he pulls the rug out from under you (and I know some intense encounters are coming since I was spoiled on a few things) but I'm finally getting comfortable. Couldn't care less about Sam currently but it's early. I'm sure he'll be fleshed out later on. I am starting to see BB as more than a bizarre fetus. I put Sam to sleep while I finished up dinner. Heard laughter that sounded like my baby girl. Hit the corner and it was BB. I'm at a level 3 bond and I feel it. The progression from just finding BB weird to actually caring about BB's comfort level has been so natural and unforced that it's scary. Gotta tip my hat to Hideo for that, but I also gotta give him the finger, because I know that was the plan and they're probably going to gut punch me later on.:snoop:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Ok, I finally got into this over the past week. Still om Ch. 3 because I got addicted to the Standard Deliveries. Getting 'S' Legend of Legends on almost every delivery. Also getting new weapons via story and via ranking up UCA Strands. I used to run from MULES. Now I run to them. BTs are still a little intimidating, but now that I have 2 or 3 options to combat them, it's not quite as intense. I also realized that Timefall doesn't damage the cargo even IF the container is ruined. That made it less intimidating.

I know Kojima has a tendency to let you think you have it all figured out -- right before he pulls the rug out from under you (and I know some intense encounters are coming since I was spoiled on a few things) but I'm finally getting comfortable. Couldn't care less about Sam currently but it's early. I'm sure he'll be fleshed out later on. I am starting to see BB as more than a bizarre fetus. I put Sam to sleep while I finished up dinner. Heard laughter that sounded like my baby girl. Hit the corner and it was BB. I'm at a level 3 bond and I feel it. The progression from just finding BB weird to actually caring about BB's comfort level has been so natural and unforced that it's scary. Gotta tip my hat to Hideo for that, but I also gotta give him the finger, because I know that was the plan and they're probably going to gut punch me later on.:snoop:

One thing I enjoyed about the game is the fact that nothing is really hard in the long run. It may seem like it in the beginning but the more you play, the more shyt you get that makes the game a breeze. It's almost impossible to die in the game unless you're doing something stupid. Also there's something you get via a story mission that will make you never worry about BTs ever again.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Just started episode 4. Not a fan at all of the sharp tonal change. Could have done without the TPS bullshyt I'm being subjected to, primarily when from a gameplay perspective, it was clealy an afterthought. Start of this Chapter has been ugly.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The more effort you put into building up roads and ziplines the easier and faster the gameplay is

shyts only really slow in the beginning chapters

Like someone else said. You gotta be doin somethin stupid to die. BT's legit got me maybe 3 times

MULE's got clapped up

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I just got a new copy of the game for the low what’s the verdict? Is the story good?

It's a confusing story that you more than likely won't understand or get attached to because you've got to do a shyt ton of reading/watching vids WITHIN the game rather than have the fukking game tell you what's going on while you play it. I like it though, personally, because it's different and truth be told, I'm addicted to doing banal things like that in game and building bridges for folk to use and rate....but you gotta search for it, 'cause these fukkers don't tell you shyt while you playing.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't know what chapter I'm on but this game is some stupid ass bullshyt.................................

And yet I can't put it the fukk down.. Literally just came home, grabbed 2k, and said "Man let me go ahead and deliver a few more of these packages so I can find out what's going on"

It's like not even FUN... But it's so damn intriguing, I gotta keep going