Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
See, shyt like this is why MSGV is so fukked up. Kojima spends more time trying to be a Kubrick/Shyamalan hybrid than he does trying to be a game producer. I bet all you do is press square in between watching nonsensical 15 minute cutscenes.
Bet that gameplay wont be an issue though

nikkas know that:francis:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Kojima has not proven himself to be fail proof.

As great as the OG MGS trillogy is, there's also been plenty of missteps and he hasn't proven he can make another good IP.

I'm trying to be optimistic about this game, but this idea that kojima is so great and incapable fail doesn't hold up to reality.

Truly he hasn't proven anything in almost 15 years.
I agree with you that he isn't so great that he is incapable of failing. That's a stretch. I'm a MGS stan till I die but MGS 2 was borderline trash to me and although I liked MGS4 more than most, I still see the obvious mistakes he made with that game as well.
MGSV was incredible from a gameplay stand point and the story had so much potential.
I think he's proven easily that he has the ability to make incredible games.
I don't agree that he hasn't proven anything in almost 15 years. Even in its unfinished state, MGSVTPP is an amazing game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
MGSV 5 had the exact opposite problem breh. Where the gameplay was great and the clear focus, with the story and Kojimaisms taking a back seat.
MGS5 was great gameplay but the story was a mess and left the entire series in a shytty spot

I see this trailer and I'm like... do we really want 100% kojima on an acid trip with an endless budget? There's only a handful of developers/companies in the business that can work well like that.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
MGS5 was great gameplay but the story was a mess and left the entire series in a shytty spot

I see this trailer and I'm like... do we really want 100% kojima on an acid trip with an endless budget? There's only a handful of developers/companies in the business that can work well like that.
Yea but wasn't the story a mess because they wouldn't let him finish and focused on recycling missions instead?

All I'm saying is if they let him do what he wants I'd wager it will be good.

I don't think MGSV is evidence of, 'you let Kojima do what you want you get a bad story.' The story was bad mainly cause Konami strung him out there cause he was taking way too long.

However I won't argue Kojima shyt can be convoluted and messy, and I see the point that he might make some existential Basquiat painting as a game shyt that's just too much.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree with you that he isn't so great that he is incapable of failing. That's a stretch. I'm a MGS stan till I die but MGS 2 was borderline trash to me and although I liked MGS4 more than most, I still see the obvious mistakes he made with that game as well.
MGSV was incredible from a gameplay stand point and the story had so much potential.
I think he's proven easily that he has the ability to make incredible games.
I don't agree that he hasn't proven anything in almost 15 years. Even in its unfinished state, MGSVTPP is an amazing game.
I think TPP is a great game, but from what I can gather the best parts of the game where the things he had least hands on.

The graphics, engine, and gameplay were all phenomenal, some of the best this gen, but that's a team of devs and other designers that work on that stuff. I'm sure kojima had to sign off on it, but I don't think he deserves credit for all that.

The stuff I know he had direct control over. The story, production, direction of the game was all a mess. Same for MGS4.

Now if they said they were bringing tho whole team and engine from Konami, then I'd be all in. But as it stands I gotta see more before I'm getting excited over this shyt.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yea but wasn't the story a mess because they wouldn't let him finish and focused on recycling missions instead?

All I'm saying is if they let him do what he wants I'd wager it will be good.

I don't think MGSV is evidence of, 'you let Kojima do what you want you get a bad story.' The story was bad mainly cause Konami strung him out there cause he was taking way too long.

However I won't argue Kojima shyt can be convoluted and messy, and I see the point that he might make some existential Basquiat painting as a game shyt that's just too much.
I don't think its wouldn't let him finish so much as he couldn't focus himself to finish.

Its not like he didn't have every resource at his disposal for MGS5 and all the momentum in the world. Games have to come out. Projects have internal deadlines. As polished as the gameplay was and how detailed the world ending up being, its flatout ridiculous that everything Kojima's known for happened to be the shyt that was a mess.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I think TPP is a great game, but from what I can gather the best parts of the game where the things he had least hands on.

The graphics, engine, and gameplay were all phenomenal, some of the best this gen, but that's a team of devs and other designers that work on that stuff. I'm sure kojima had to sign off on it, but I don't think he deserves credit for all that.

The stuff I know he had direct control over. The story, production, direction of the game was all a mess. Same for MGS4.

Now if they said they were bringing tho whole team and engine from Konami, then I'd be all in. But as it stands I gotta see more before I'm getting excited over this shyt.

I don't think its wouldn't let him finish so much as he couldn't focus himself to finish.

Its not like he didn't have every resource at his disposal for MGS5 and all the momentum in the world. Games have to come out. Projects have internal deadlines. As polished as the gameplay was and how detailed the world ending up being, its flatout ridiculous that everything Kojima's known for happened to be the shyt that was a mess.
I think we all agree the game was a disappointment for many different reasons.
MGSVTPP turned out to be a very polarizing game for gamers. There was so much done exceptionally well and the potential was obvious.
Even the story was building up to be something amazing before it ended abruptly with no real closure or connection to the rest of the series.
(I actually believe that whole twist about who you were really playing as the whole time was something Kojima decided very late as a last ditch way to close the story and spit in Konami's face.)
The problem was, once we all got wind of the turmoil between Kojima and Konami, it became super obvious that the game was going to be a wreck.
For me, I'm disappointed because all the game needed was a few holes in the story to be filled and it would have been all time classic status.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Damn ya'll prolly right, he did fukk up MGS4 and I'm sure he had his part in V.

Just he made MGS1 and 3 brehs :mjcry:

I gotta give him a chance :mjcry:
I think his work is incredible. We'll never know for sure who is to blame in the MGSVTPP development hell.
Maybe one party more than the other. Maybe both.
I think Kojima has proven beyond a doubt though that he has the ability to make GOAT tier games.
It's really only his recent judgement that has become questionable and that to me its only in the business sense of things. Creatively I still think he's a genius and a pioneer in the video game world.