Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Exoskeleton really makes things easier. :whew:
i preordered and apparently it came with the exoskeleton

how do i use that, and the glassses i got with the preorder?

Im on chapter 2: Amelie btw

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I'm on chapter 2, and those damn BT's keep killing me. I used up all my bloody bombs except 2 to get my first BT kill trophy. but these damn things keep coming back the closer i get to my destination

Also the waypoint system isnt great, because it doesnt seem to take the best route to the destination. RDR2 by comparison had an amazing waypoint system. The traversing stinks because my boots keep getting worn, and i keep falling off ledges and ruining my packages. hopefully it gets better. I wanna use a damn bike, but i still cant

IDK about the story yet. BB just keeps having flashbacks

I saw people using weapons like guns. Hopefully we can use weapons in chapter 3. hopfully the bike is available by then too

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I'm on chapter 2, and those damn BT's keep killing me. I used up all my bloody bombs except 2 to get my first BT kill trophy. but these damn things keep coming back the closer i get to my destination

Also the waypoint system isnt great, because it doesnt seem to take the best route to the destination. RDR2 by comparison had an amazing waypoint system. The traversing stinks because my boots keep getting worn, and i keep falling off ledges and ruining my packages. hopefully it gets better. I wanna use a damn bike, but i still cant

I saw people using weapons like guns. Hopefully we can use weapons in chapter 3. hopfully the bike is available by then too
All your traversal complaints get addressed in chapter 3.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
this game is amazing ... just built the entire fukking road network in chapter 3 80% on my back

one dude built one part but I banged that bytch out mad quick all the way through AND branching off ... my server is fukking garbage with the likes and building but I will carry us :shaq:

for the waypoint system ... hold square and drag your own custom lines
when you go automatic waypoint it just draws that direct dotted line... I only use that to know which general direction to stay in

The area you are in will unlock the bike and youll need a generator to charge it... It's basically the beginning danger - tutorial area. The game gets disgustingly large after that spot...stick with it for 7 more hours and you're about to see some amazing shyt happen. I wont spoil any items or surprises for you from here on out.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
this game is amazing ... just built the entire fukking road network in chapter 3 80% on my back

one dude built one part but I banged that bytch out mad quick all the way through AND branching off ... my server is fukking garbage with the likes and building but I will carry us :shaq:

for the waypoint system ... hold square and drag your own custom lines
when you go automatic waypoint it just draws that direct dotted line... I only use that to know which general direction to stay in

The area you are in will unlock the bike and youll need a generator to charge it... It's basically the beginning danger - tutorial area. The game gets disgustingly large after that spot...stick with it for 7 more hours and you're about to see some amazing shyt happen. I wont spoil any items or surprises for you from here on out.
u do drag the waypoints but it keeps sending me to the steepest area. ill keep trying

also, how essential are things like the ladders and tether lines for scaling large areas? Sometimes the game will have ladders and tethers already there from some other user, which makes me believe i dont necessarily have to have those items in my inventory. which means i can just load up on bombs and weapons to fight BT's that show up when i travel

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
u do drag the waypoints but it keeps sending me to the steepest area. ill keep trying

also, how essential are things like the ladders and tether lines for scaling large areas? Sometimes the game will have ladders and tethers already there from some other user, which makes me believe i dont necessarily have to have those items in my inventory. which means i can just load up on bombs and weapons to fight BT's that show up when i travel

from my experience, I have been able to walk up most places without a problem like you said. I carry the climbing rope and just use that to get down from steep hills. Ladders are more for rivers or little quick platforms on mountains... I wouldnt stock up on them much. Like you said usually they are already there... and the share locker at every place has people throwing all of that stuff in for free.

If you want to see the elevation of the area when you draw the line... put your finger on the touchpad and tilt the controller... it will show you the elevation and layout of the areas a little better, and paths where it dips to let you pass. Pretty soon you will have the bike and the truck in chapter 3, there's only a few obvious places they wont go ... usually the designer will throw a wild amount of rocks or a mountain... obvious stuff. But for the most part you can scale mountains and everything else on vehicle. What you havent gotten to yet is, the more people build ... the more your vehicle stays charged. So eventually you will be able to drive around freely without a care in the world. I would stay in chapter 2 and get a rhythm and knowledge of everything possible because the game starts at chapter 3 like everyone was saying. It's way more treacherous and you have 5x the options to build, fight... explore and distribute. The rivers and landmarks in chapter 3 are placed to be a burden rather than a learning experience. And its where you'll really see people building and helping eachother out.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I read this on DS' Reddit, you'll see more player made roads if you leave your shyt incomplete like roads and let someone find it and finish it. That one cat who spent 80k in materials on that big ass road will probably find that very few people have used/seen it because he built it in one sitting without any help.