Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the fukk... i got a B rank for retrieving the crystals that shyt was easy as fukk and i get a B.. is it because i didnt give them all my crystals

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Won't lie. I read arguably one of the most convincing, succint reviews I've ever seen on this game today and it sold me, particularly the ending and the beginning.

“Death Stranding” begins with a quote that distills the ethos of his entire career. It’s a key excerpt from a Kōbō Abe novel called “The Rope,” and the words dangle in front of you for just a moment before they’re replaced by some cryptic narration about the Big Bang:

“The rope and the stick are two of humankind’s oldest tools. The stick to keep evil at bay, and the rope to bring that which is good closer. Both were the first friends conceived by humankind. The rope and stick were wherever humankind was to be found.”

The game starts by putting a stick in your hand, only for the controller to slowly become a rope as players guide Sam to unify a broken world over the course of the 60 hours that follow. Players are elated when they finally receive guns that work against the BTs, only to find that the bullets draw from your own blood — fire too many and you’ll die. Ladders, climbing lines, and 3D-printed postal boxes are some of the most rudimentary tools you’re given, but they only grow more powerful as other players on the Playstation Network begin to use them on their own quests (a brilliant riff on how the “Dark Souls” franchise twists the hostility of online gaming towards the better angels of our nature).

“Death Stranding” bends a wide array of modern tech back towards the most basic aspirations of art: It affirms that we’re alive, that we’re connected, and that humanity will always have reason to hope because our extinction and salvation are made possible by the same tools. The stick can prod us into action, and the rope can be fashioned into a noose; a movie can alienate, and a game can unify. What something does is only defined by how we use it. If we’re not careful, every new means of bringing us closer together can become a method for pulling us apart.

Like global warming and the spread of the internet, the singularity between film and video games has become inevitable; at this point, we only have the power to manage it. But “Death Stranding” finds that every cataclysm is its own opportunity, and that the end of one thing is the beginning of another. Kojima believes that the future will only destroy us if we don’t allow it to bring us together, and he’s never found a better way of delivering that message.

‘Death Stranding’ Is the Best Video Game Movie Ever Made

shyt was poetic. :ehh: I'll give this a shot after I finish up 'Outer Worlds.' I always end up playing one, massive open world game throughout the holidays. Fallout 3. Skyrim. Fallout 4. Red Dead 2. Looks like this year it could be this. This will either be a terrific winter/holiday game for me or a disaster. :pachaha:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
How do my coli brehs feel about this game, I see overall it has decent reviews, but I'm done with Outer Worlds and won't get back into Borderlands 3 until the DLCs start dropping, so is this worth a cop or should I wait for a price drop?

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Imma be on chapter 3 for fukking ever :francis:

total playing time is 23 hours so far.

Breh I think this the part the reviewers hated. While there is plenty of good shyt in the chapter delivering to the South with the rocky terrain, crevices and rivers is a bytch.
I felt it's way too long of a chapter but get this.

I'm finally doing that last delivery to clear chpater 3 all the way down south for Fedex and ....

I BLEW UP the whole planet lmao. I shut my console off at that point. I wasn't about to start hiking again.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Saw this review on metacritic :mjlol:

Kojima has been a hack since day one. But say that out aloud and you get drowned out by a bunch of bozo the internet clowns who literally prize his **** as the holy grail. But without Konami to shield and protect him we can finally see him in all his glory, he is literally the Emperor with his new clothes on (or should I say Sony clothes on because he persuaded them to use their money to fund his vanity project). Now I understand why this was not snapped up as an exclusive. Sony can smell **** from a mile off.

Konami did the right thing getting rid of this fool and you will be better off spending your hard earned cash elsewhere on a better game.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Breh I think this the part the reviewers hated. While there is plenty of good shyt in the chapter delivering to the South with the rocky terrain, crevices and rivers is a bytch.
I felt it's way too long of a chapter but get this.

I'm finally doing that last delivery to clear chpater 3 all the way down south for Fedex and ....

I BLEW UP the whole planet lmao. I shut my console off at that point. I wasn't about to start hiking again.

I’m actually enjoying chapter 3. The new equipment has Made delivering a lot easier. Plus I’m addicted to getting roads built and my connection up with preppers.

that has led to me invading MULE camps :pacspit:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I’m actually enjoying chapter 3. The new equipment has Made delivering a lot easier. Plus I’m addicted to getting roads built and my connection up with preppers.

that has led to me invading MULE camps :pacspit:
Invading mule camps feels exactly like sneaking around with solid snake and snapping necks...but people hating on this game and never playing it would never know that