'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know I am over thinking it, it's why I wasn't really thinking about it until after the movie was over. But "Logan" being in 2029 and this in 2024 is still a big flub on their part.

Like I said I enjoyed the movie for what it was, a Deadpool movie. Also I doubt much of this has any effect on the overall MCU story even tho they are still in their own Fox Universe for now.

It's not a flub, the "Deadpool" franchise has never given a f*ck about continuity. Or even making sense. :mjlol:

You're talking about the specific years of two movies when:

1. Deadpool used a time machine in the 2nd movie to kill Ryan Reynolds before he could play Green Lantern. And he killed the first version of Deadpool he played, in a completely unrelated movie.

2. The Fox X-Men movies don't even make sense themselves, timeline-wise. I suggest you re-watch them because the amount of contradictions and/or retconning is insane.

Even ignoring #2, Deadpool is very obviously its own separate time line and universe. Even if it overlaps with everything else.

Fred.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It's not a flub, the "Deadpool" franchise has never given a f*ck about continuity. Or even making sense. :mjlol:

You're talking about the specific years of two movies when:

1. Deadpool used a time machine in the 2nd movie to kill Ryan Reynolds before he could play Green Lantern. And he killed the first version of Deadpool he played, in a completely unrelated movie.

2. The Fox X-Men movies don't even make sense themselves, timeline-wise. I suggest you re-watch them because the amount of contradictions and/or retconning is insane.

Even ignoring #2, Deadpool is very obviously its own separate time line and universe. Even if it overlaps with everything else.

Fred.
You are mistaking my tiny nitpicks for not enjoying the movie. I actually loved the movie. I wasn't even thinking about any of that stuff until after it was over and I actually started thinking about the plot. Some stuff could have been better sure, but I know it was a Deadpool movie so it doesn't mean much in the end. We all know why this movie was made and it delivered on that part. I'm not that upset about it, just pointing out some things.

I'd give the movie a 8/10. It did it's job and that I can be happy with. Good day Fred.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The last act ran on too long and the scenes with the time line guy, don't even know his name, were probably the worst segments and drug down the pacing. He should of been scrubbed from the movie.

But the comedy was on point way more than DP2 which seems very pedestrian compared to this one. There have been like zero comedies for a long ass time now so this one is memorable for the laughs alone. I definitely needed it but I didn't like the plot which thankfully was a backseat to the fukkery.

But I was rollin throughout a most of this :dead:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Did not like this at all 6 out of 10 at most. Negasonic got no burn in the flick …

Last edited:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjcry: Just thinking about it more.

I found it very touching in a sense during the credits... that Ryan and Crew decided to do no funny mid-credits shyt... and instead just do a montage of 20th Century Fox-verse behind the scenes footage from early X-Men and Fantastic Four, even the reboot that was ass.

I am about turn 40 next year, and while Robert Downey Jr. might have kicked-started the MCU with Iron Man in 2008, it was X-Men in 2000. 20th Century Fox was imperfect, it had bombs but it had some classic piff as well.

shyt no one knew who the fukk was Hugh Jackman before X-Men; he was just a Broadway Actor with 2 Aussie Films under his belt. Yet Casting Folks saw the potential in him, and now we are here... nearly 25 years later and Hugh Jackman IS the Wolverine... and it will be hard for the next person to top that.

But that's what 20th Century Fox gave us, and why we are here now.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're over thinking it. :mjlol:

Logan was the "anchor being" because he was the only thing keeping the Fox stuff afloat. "Apocalypse", "Dark Phoenix" and "The New Mutants" were not well received and/or flopped.

"Logan" was the last bona fide hit Fox had with the X-Men. Hence Marvel (the TVA) throwing that "time line" in the bushes.

This also extends to Deadpool's time line almost getting pruned. He was essentially getting threatened with a reboot. All his friends, his world, etc. would be gone.

Since this movie (both as a movie in our world, and the mission they were on in the movie ) was successful, his "time line" was saved and will move forward in the MCU.

If you take the plot at face value no, it doesn't make much sense. If you look at what they're saying as a metaphor (which makes far more sense, given Deadpool's snarky comments about the current state of the MCU) you'll enjoy the story a lot more.

Fred.
Props breh i didnt even think of the meta commentary of it being a real live reflection of the current situation. Bring back wolverine and hit a billy and show interest in these characters then they keep em or flop and its a tax write off

:russ: