'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
That's what a summer popcorn movie is all about. Theater was going nuts, felt the room shake when Hugh put on the mask :damn:

When Tatum first popped up I was like "thank god that movie didn't happen :skip: " but by the end of his fight sequence I was looking at my girl like "did he just cook?? :mjtf: mon ami ?? :mjgrin: "

Lol at his four different accents…

Shiit was super jokes

Movie is def solid 8/10

One of the most entertaining flicks ive seen this century. Lol at the furiosa jab.

That desert sequence alone was better than the whole Mad max movie. Haha

This along w Bad Boys 4 Eva

We ate good this summer, fam.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
GTluVKeaoAAjmvw

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I hate the "Anchor being" concept too. Like the whole reality is relying on this one person living? What about before they were born or if they die of natural causes? Seemed like lazy writing. They could have done something better as to why the Fox-verse was falling apart.

I think Feige or someone said not much of this will affect future films and that this was meant to be a contained movie. I hope that stays true.

I liked the movie for what it was, the jokes, cameos and fan service. I just don't want to think about the story because every time I do I want to say, "What were they thinking?"

Also Deadpool is still living in the Fox-verse reality, Earth-10005. My guess we don't see him again until Secret Wars.

You're over thinking it. :mjlol:

Logan was the "anchor being" because he was the only thing keeping the Fox stuff afloat. "Apocalypse", "Dark Phoenix" and "The New Mutants" were not well received and/or flopped.

"Logan" was the last bona fide hit Fox had with the X-Men. Hence Marvel (the TVA) throwing that "time line" in the bushes.

This also extends to Deadpool's time line almost getting pruned. He was essentially getting threatened with a reboot. All his friends, his world, etc. would be gone.

Since this movie (both as a movie in our world, and the mission they were on in the movie ) was successful, his "time line" was saved and will move forward in the MCU.

If you take the plot at face value no, it doesn't make much sense. If you look at what they're saying as a metaphor (which makes far more sense, given Deadpool's snarky comments about the current state of the MCU) you'll enjoy the story a lot more.

Fred.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Lmao aye how are nignogs mad that other people didn’t like the movie? Are we not allowed to have different opinions? If you like it cool, good for you nikka. Get out of your feelings.
Joined 2012 53 posts.. Negged @BmoreGorilla

Last edited:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
You're over thinking it. :mjlol:

Logan was the "anchor being" because he was the only thing keeping the Fox stuff afloat. "Apocalypse", "Dark Phoenix" and "The New Mutants" were not well received and/or flopped.

"Logan" was the last bona fide hit Fox had with the X-Men. Hence Marvel (the TVA) throwing that "time line" in the bushes.

This also extends to Deadpool's time line almost getting pruned. He was essentially getting threatened with a reboot. All his friends, his world, etc. would be gone.

Since this movie (both as a movie in our world, and the mission they were on in the movie ) was successful, his "time line" was saved and will move forward in the MCU.

If you take the plot at face value no, it doesn't make much sense. If you look at what they're saying as a metaphor (which makes far more sense, given Deadpool's snarky comments about the current state of the MCU) you'll enjoy the story a lot more.

Fred.
I know I am over thinking it, it's why I wasn't really thinking about it until after the movie was over. But "Logan" being in 2029 and this in 2024 is still a big flub on their part.

Like I said I enjoyed the movie for what it was, a Deadpool movie. Also I doubt much of this has any effect on the overall MCU story even tho they are still in their own Fox Universe for now.

Last edited:

critical_temp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Wade got hired into the 616 Avengers was he going to jump between universes for missions or bring his 9 people with him?