Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yo! Im mad far behind.
Last IronHeart i read was when RiRi and Miles was stuck in that time warped cabin Miles was hiding out in.
I can never skip issues lol
I HAVE to go in order!
Lol
I been like this since i was a teen.
I STILL aint get to House of X yet.
Breh, you realize every issue of HoX/PoX (i call it Raw & Smackdown) leaves half the coli comic brehs in euphoria praising HickGAWDman and the other half fukking furious writing dissertations about how HACKman ain't shyt :wow:

But however they feel, they gon be back next week :mjlit:

It's an incredible feeling experiencing that shyt live man, you're missing out

The x-men are BYKE babee! /kawhi voice

Benefited

Banned
Daps
That’s probably not a great hill to fight a die on.

Cuz people will get mad if one also wondered why the DCU films aren’t as good as the animated and LEGO films.

It would be a discussion where those stans would quickly try to deny/dismiss that so might as well not play that card here either:hubie:

Not sure who would get mad at that,people ask that all the time about the DCU films. I think its fair because people are normally referring to the story. You obviously can't visually compare an animated film to the live action film. I'm only comparing the story put together by Disney,vs the Spiderman story told by Spiderverse. Similar stories with one being executed so much better than the other. But fair enough,making good storylines for animated films must just be easier for some strange reason. Lets just say the Disney and Feige had his chance and made two sub par Spiderman films in my opinion. Time to move on,things are clicking at Sony when it comes to Spiderman right now:blessed:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Breh, you realize every issue of HoX/PoX (i call it Raw & Smackdown) leaves half the coli comic brehs in euphoria praising HickGAWDman and the other half fukking furious writing dissertations about how HACKman ain't shyt :wow:

But however they feel, they gon be back next week :mjlit:

It's an incredible feeling experiencing that shyt live man, you're missing out

The x-men are BYKE babee! /kawhi voice
These muthafukkas working me to death.
Having to babysit these new guys and shyt.
:beli:

Ima get there tho.

Daps
Oh man. Both companies are going to lose out. However, when it comes down to it Marvel are ultimately to blame.
It was their idea to sell the movie rights to Sony and Fox in the first place.

Sony's first two Spiderman movies were great. Sony Spiderman 3 meh. Amazing Spiderman series... to say they were all over the place would be an understatement.
If Sony were to combine the best aspects of the Original and Amazing Spiderman movie, they would atually have a good 'Spiderman' movie.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Venom Headlines Videos
Kevin Feige Reportedly Helped Sony With VENOM And More Of Their Marvel Movies
170122.jpg

All signs are pointing to Marvel Studios' relationship with Sony Pictures being at an end. However, a new report reveals that Kevin Feige has been helping them with their Marvel movies for a while now...
Josh Wilding | 8/21/2019
Filed Under: "Venom"
170122.jpg

Unless something drastic happens in the coming weeks, Spider-Man's time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has reached its end. However, with multiple reports doing the rounds about what comes next, some very interesting new details have been revealed about Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige's involvement in Sony Pictures' Marvel movies.

Buried in Deadline's report about the split is the fact that Feige "lent an unofficial hand" to Venom, but that reportedly happened long before the final cut was delivered.
Report Ad

Instead, it was Sony Pictures boss Tom Rothman who "spent a good long time in the editing room" and, well, he was also in charge of Fox when those changes to Deadpool were made in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and for the release of the Fantastic Four reboot in 2015. That probably explains why Venom received a critical mauling when it hit theaters last October.

io9 also notes that Feige has contributed to a number of Sony/Marvel movies without being credited, so there's a chance he played a role in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse too. It's hard to say.

What are you guys hoping comes next for Spider-Man?
This validates my point that if spiderman goes back to Sony. It's fukked. Feige working for free and Rothman butchering it up like he did wolverine origins says it all. The pros about venom was probably all because of Kevin. They even had an actor that looked like him in homecoming.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Disney fukked up at the beginning, by saying that they would only take 5%, no matter the level of success. If Disney said, "yeah, lets negociate a deal IF these Spider Man films reach a certain level of success" then yeah, I could understand that.

But Disney wanted lil investment and loads of profit, regardless. They gotta eat up that L, cause that is code of ethics. Code of ethics is law.
But they did negotiate a deal based on the success of spiderman which Sony weaseled it's way out after making a billi.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
This validates my point that if spiderman goes back to Sony. It's fukked. Feige working for free and Rothman butchering it up like he did wolverine origins says it all. The pros about venom was probably all because of Kevin. They even had an actor that looked like him in homecoming.

Doubt Feige worked for free, he was likely uncredited but no way he wasn't compensated. Also that article reads as Disney propaganda.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But they did negotiate a deal based on the success of spiderman which Sony weaseled it's way out after making a billi.

How did Sony weasel its way out of a deal?

The deal was for Spidey to make five appearances in the MCU. He's made five appearances so the deal is done.

it's disney's fault in a way..

they used the 5 appearances and assumed a reup was gonna happen and made Spidey intergral to the MCU... they shouldve put a clause based reward in the contract with an automatic renewal if success is xyz ....

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
it's disney's fault in a way..

they used the 5 appearances and assumed a reup was gonna happen and made Spidey intergral to the MCU... they shouldve put a clause based reward in the contract with an automatic renewal if success is xyz ....
they did have a clause
they didnt meet the success goal

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not sure who would get mad at that,people ask that all the time about the DCU films. I think its fair because people are normally referring to the story. You obviously can't visually compare an animated film to the live action film. I'm only comparing the story put together by Disney,vs the Spiderman story told by Spiderverse. Similar stories with one being executed so much better than the other. But fair enough,making good storylines for animated films must just be easier for some strange reason. Lets just say the Disney and Feige had his chance and made two sub par Spiderman films in my opinion. Time to move on,things are clicking at Sony when it comes to Spiderman right now:blessed:

I hear you but to keep things from getting murky, a line has to drawn somewhere or this shyt gets ridiculous and endless.

Like one could try to top that by saying the Marvel comic book writers are telling better stories than they Sony animated movie writers and Spiderverse was subpar in comparison to issue # blank through blank.

Or the last Spider-Man game story>>>Spiderverse movie

Just opens up an unnecessary can of worms that don’t even need to be thrown in with any of it.

Plus we never do that with any other movies like make that comparison..... ala (and mind you I’ve never saw a Toy Story movie but just using this as an example) to say Toy Story 3 is better than say Inception cuz the story is better.

No need to unnecessarily shade shyt

Status
Not open for further replies.