Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:ohhh:
No last knight lost like 100 plus million even though it made like 600 mill . But I agree with you. I liked most of them despite the shenanigans and crazy plots . Making money or not doesn’t mean a movie is good or bad . I love sinister 1 and 2 and watchmen but they Aren’t huge successes or the best reviewed movies . :ohhh:wait agreeing with a post of yours did my brain just explode by the fact you were rationale :gucci::dwillhuh: don’t even know what to say anymore :mjtf:..:russ:

I’m pretty much always rational as I see some of y’all dont give me the luxury rope to be as outspoken and extreme as certain other folks.

Niccas just like to twist shyt or claim I said and mean shyt that I didn’t say or mean.

Back The Last Knight, walk me down to how they lost $100M

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

I understand the disdain for Disney in general, fukk them.

But Sony tried to pull a fast one and if they had their way would have associated that trash ass movie with the MCU and subsequent films with no quality control or oversight, how fukking dumb would that have been.

They should have let Sony include venom into the MCU. The movie was not bad at all, I can name 5 marvel studio movies that are far worse than venom was.

Maybe if they were on board with allowing venom into the marvel universe, they could have discussed having some creative control with Sony to make sure it made sense in the MCU. They also wouldn't look crazy demanding half the profits from movies they dont want to be associated with.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
BvS didn’t do a billion, only Aquaman made a billion.

Hopefully I can say that without anyone getting mad/triggered:hubie:

That’s not stanning or talking shyt about DC, that replying to another poster and speaking a fact:hubie:

Per other posters logic anyway, I couldn’t be a Marvel stan anyway since I actually watch the CWDC shows DC app shows and liked Green Lantern and own DC movies via Blu Ray and dvd :hubie::troll:

I was rounding up, trying to throw them nikkas a life raft :lolbron:

No but really, BVS was a successful, shytty movie. Just like Transformers, just like TMNT, just like like SM3, TASM 2 and Venom.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They should have let Sony include venom into the MCU. The movie was not bad at all, I can name 5 marvel studio movies that are far worse than venom was.

Maybe if they were on board with allowing venom into the marvel universe, they could have discussed having some creative control with Sony to make sure it made sense in the MCU. They also wouldn't look crazy demanding half the profits from movies they dont want to be associated with.

That's exactly what they wanted to do with the new deal, but they weren't about to associate Venom (Morbius, Kraven ect) with the MCU without properly integrating him.

They wanted things to make sense before just sticking Tom Holland in the movie and paying no attention to how/why this thing is thing fits within the continuity. It would not have been a good look and would have given them all the more reason to pull out from the deal and continue trying to fool the fans.

If Sony wanted they could have allowed him into the sharing agreement from jump and could have got what they actually wanted right away.

Please tell me this is not true

It most certainly is.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m pretty much always rational as I see some of y’all dont give me the luxury rope to be as outspoken and extreme as certain other folks.

Niccas just like to twist shyt or claim I said and mean shyt that I didn’t say or mean.

Back The Last Knight, walk me down to how they lost $100M
Let's compare that to the previous installment, 2017's Transformers 5: The Last Knight, the fifth movie in the franchise to be directed by Michael Bay. That movie took a steep dive when compared to its predecessor, Age of Extinction, bringing in $605 million worldwide, which is a full $500 million less than the previous installment. Bay's critically-lamented fifth entry also cost an eye-melting $217 million to produce and grossed just $130 million domestically, meaning the lion's share of that total came from overseas. That's worth mentioning because, as important as overseas markets are, studios generally see less return on box office from foreign markets.

Related: Bumblebee Review #2: Sometimes Less Really Is More

Reportedly, The Last Knight wound up losing Paramount roughly $100 million when accounting for marketing expenses and everything else that needs to be recouped before a movie can turn a profit. Granted, Bumblebeestill has a way to go before it wraps up its box office run, but it's still likely going to wind up being the lowest-grossing in the series overall. As such, it's difficult to see how it will be a solidly profitable endeavor for the studio. Then again, movie financing is very complex and we can only go off of what numbers are available to us through box office databases. There could be relevant factors we're unaware of.

It’s movie math :yeshrug: Breh in the end of the day they may just be fudging numbers

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You're making it seem like the mcu is all top notch.

Not at all.

But the characters, even the ones with shytty movies are handled with care. The hiccups with the Marvel IP outside of the MCU have all been due to people who give a fukk all about the characters or the fans.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Let's compare that to the previous installment, 2017's Transformers 5: The Last Knight, the fifth movie in the franchise to be directed by Michael Bay. That movie took a steep dive when compared to its predecessor, Age of Extinction, bringing in $605 million worldwide, which is a full $500 million less than the previous installment. Bay's critically-lamented fifth entry also cost an eye-melting $217 million to produce and grossed just $130 million domestically, meaning the lion's share of that total came from overseas. That's worth mentioning because, as important as overseas markets are, studios generally see less return on box office from foreign markets.

Related: Bumblebee Review #2: Sometimes Less Really Is More

Reportedly, The Last Knight wound up losing Paramount roughly $100 million when accounting for marketing expenses and everything else that needs to be recouped before a movie can turn a profit. Granted, Bumblebeestill has a way to go before it wraps up its box office run, but it's still likely going to wind up being the lowest-grossing in the series overall. As such, it's difficult to see how it will be a solidly profitable endeavor for the studio. Then again, movie financing is very complex and we can only go off of what numbers are available to us through box office databases. There could be relevant factors we're unaware of.

It’s movie math :yeshrug: Breh in the end of the day they may just be fudging numbers

Na.... I get that it didn’t make more than the last or the ones that did a billy.

And I get that most of the money came from overseas..... just like many other movies that are successful that I won’t name.

I also knew the budget was high. Now the thing I didn’t know (which typically none of us EVER really know is the marketing budget).

But just based off the coli criteria, just seem like a huge success still:ehh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's exactly what they wanted to do with the new deal, but they weren't about to associate Venom (Morbius, Kraven ect) with the MCU without properly integrating him.
The new deal sounds like Disney wants in after venom and into the spiderverse were successful. And not only do they want in, it seems like they want a hostile takeover.

Venom didnt need help being properly integrated into the mcu, all Disney had to do was make sure the movie didnt conflict with anything they had going on. Venom, kraven, morbius are all spiderman villains can can all exist outside of whatever mcu story they have planned next, while still being apart of the same universe.
They wanted things to make sense BEFORE just sticking Tom Holland in the movie and paying no attention to how/why this thing is thing fits within the continuity would not have been a good look and would have given them all the more reason to pull out from the deal and continue trying to fool the fans.
That's something that could have been worked out before the movie came out, while Sony were hinting at venom existing in the mcu, while Disney were denying it.

It seems like Disney had no interest in venom until it proved to be a box office hit.
If Sony wanted they could have allowed him into the sharing agreement from jump and could have got what they actually wanted right away but the MCU produced films don't count toward keeping their rights.

Before the movie came out it sounded like Sony were open to allowing him in the mcu, while Disney were against it cause they weren't producing it.

Like you said, MCU produced films to count towards keeping the rights, and Disney aren't interested in being involved unless they produce the films, which jeopardizes Sony's rights to the films.

Disney isnt interested in a partnership, they want to control everything.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The power structure between Sony & Disney is confusing it fluctuates depending on the point that’s attempted to be made.:russ:

Some pages back a breh said that SONY was the one that picked & hired Tom Holland.

I recall earlier in the year it was said Marvel was mad at Sony for spilling the beans and promoting FFA up to and after the release of Endgame as the control or stop them from releasing the trailer.

But now Marvel has the power stop Sony from letting Tom cameo in Venom :russ:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Why you tagged me in this thread, you fakkit p*ssy?

Can't fight your own battles so you need you Marvel friends to back you up

:pacspit:

Don't tag me in this thread again, I've NEVER posted in here you bytch

Not about fighting a battle, there is no battle but keep that same energy or shut the fukk up cuz you obviously have no idea what the fukk is going on.

You clearly don’t have a problem with the shyt you fake complaining about. You just trynna get attention and fake fight for the sake of it.

fukk out of here:camby:

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Not about fighting a battle, there is no battle but keep that same energy or shut the fukk up cuz you obviously have no idea what the fukk is going on.

You clearly don’t have a problem with the shyt you fake complaining about. You just trynna get attention and fake fight for the sake of it.

fukk out of here:camby:

Go fukk yourself

I have NEVER posted in this thread

On the other hand, right now, you are the THIRD highest poster out of 1,400+ posts in the Joker movie thread

And you have now tagged me in this thread when I haven't said anything in here

Why?

I'll keep the SAME energy, ALWAYS

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself

I have NEVER posted in this thread

On the other hand, right now, you are the THIRD highest poster out of 1,400+ posts in the Joker movie thread

And you have now tagged me in this thread when I haven't said anything in here

Why?

I'll keep the SAME energy, ALWAYS

No but you quoted me when...
1) I wasn’t talking to you
2) Didn’t take a shot at you or even trynna get your attention
3) Didn’t even say anything bad worth this fake aggressive energy you got.

But you temporarily got my attention now and now we here.

The shyt you FAKE complained about goes every way across the boards but I’m calling you out about being fake, looking silly and corny cuz you only have a problem if I do it. Again if not, keep that same energy or shut the fukk up

Who cares who has the highest # of post, it’s a discussion thread you dumb ass no different from EVERY fukkING THREAD ON ANY MESSAGE BOARD.

We both no this shyt has nothing to do with Marvel or DC, you just wanted to pop off and fake Ebeef for the fukk of it. (THATS THE LIE to answer your question )That shyt is lame.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.