Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Never checked it, heard it’s dope tho

Man fukk this thread.
Go watch "Mr. Robot" right the fukk now.
wLWcfm2.png

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I know it’s gonna come up.... but do we wanna talk about the financial success? :patrice:

Cuz I know that’s gonna come up to mask all the stuff or reasons y’all throwing out for why y’all think certain past films were either trash or just not good.:hubie:

There’s a reason why I don’t like to use the financials to tout whether a movie is good or not cuz on the flip side IM & A2 made billions but that same energy ain’t kept to protect them in that argument

Also for years Avatar been the highest grossing film, but that to me wasn’t even the best film that came out that year.

2009 had:
Watchman
District 9
Inglorious b*stards
Fast and Furious
Star Trek
The Hangover
Black Dynamite (I know that wasn’t in theaters but still)
Sherlock Holmes
Zombieland

And that’s just a few to name.

“Bu bu bu but they made billions” isn’t a good excuse to use when you not using it consistently or only when it fits whatever agenda/narrative:manny:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
It good or you saying that because it also fell the fukk off? Lol genuinely asking Iv never seen it

Me and some others liked.

I just like to fukk with

about it cuz he used to disrespect it and blatantly not watch it.... so in turn I blatantly never watched a show he liked in Hannibal:mjgrin:

We have a friendly petty back and forth.

But to Tyrant.... yea it’s a pretty good show. Season 2 really picked up and left a hell of a cliffhanger

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Venom as is, is Transformers/Ninja Turtles reboot level of trash, that's exactly what it looks and feels like.

Meaning the CGI and the action is very Michael Bay/entertaining but as far as the actual movie goes, even the actors were complaining about it from the script to the final cut.

It was a hit because it was at least visually, a comic book accurate venom in comparison to the Spiderman 3 disaster. And just like the Transformers you could easily make enough money with that set up to justify making more films of the same quality.

How much more successful would a movie like Morbius be if Sony had a deal in place where they could use Blade in one of his films?

Now they're going to try and shoehorn Spider-man in to an already wack set up. Marvel/Feige wanted to co-finance and produce stuff like Venom and Morbius to ensure proper integration with the character, they wanted shyt to make sense and not devalue these characters for a cash grab which is Sony's M.O.

Just saw this post, co sign all of it especially the bolded.

lets be real, who the fukk is really waiting for that standalone Morbius Movie? now if Morbius had Feige’s guidance and Blade is also featured as the films main conflict, before or after we have had the Blade movie? WAY more hype.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Venom as is, is Transformers/Ninja Turtles reboot level of trash, that's exactly what it looks and feels like.

Meaning the CGI and the action is very Michael Bay/entertaining but as far as the actual movie goes, even the actors were complaining about it from the script to the final cut.

It was a hit because it was at least visually, a comic book accurate venom in comparison to the Spiderman 3 disaster. And just like the Transformers you could easily make enough money with that set up to justify making more films of the same quality.

How much more successful would a movie like Morbius be if Sony had a deal in place where they could use Blade in one of his films?

Now they're going to try and shoehorn Spider-man in to an already wack set up. Marvel/Feige wanted to co-finance and produce stuff like Venom and Morbius to ensure proper integration with the character, they wanted shyt to make sense and not devalue these characters for a cash grab which is Sony's M.O.

One can even argue, Venom rode MCU Spiderman's coattails.

It doesn't take much for super hero movies to make money. As long as the reviews are halfway decent, it will make money the first 2 weeks.

I didn't get the hype for Deadpool, and the sequel didn't do as well as the first one.

Basically the current Spider man is about to go from being driven in a

5ada0a6819ee861a008b45e6-750-562.jpg

To having to drive a

cfa39b81e4f39c0cb0ecf224dd047826.jpg

And when Spider Man 3 drops we gonna be up in here like

:francis:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
No one is more of a comic book geek than this guy

And he dropping some interesting knowledge and siding with Disney. And not just blindly siding but actually explaining why based off what he either knows or can speculate based off whatever facts/history:ehh:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one is more of a comic book geek than this guy

And he dropping some interesting knowledge and siding with Disney. And not just blindly siding but actually explaining why based off what he either knows or can speculate based off whatever facts/history:ehh:

He nailed it with the expectations for Phase 4, I’m hyped to see more than he is, but for a lot of other people going straight into a whole new phase without Iron Man, Cap AND Spider-Man? That’s pretty huge if people don’t really care for The new franchises like Eternals or Shang Chi or really give a fukk about a female version of Thor, and we’re not Getting the really hyped shyt like Blade, Guardians 3, Black Panther 2, X Men or The Fantastic 4 for a real long time, this phase will take a hit.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
One can even argue, Venom rode MCU Spiderman's coattails.

It doesn't take much for super hero movies to make money. As long as the reviews are halfway decent, it will make money the first 2 weeks.

I didn't get the hype for Deadpool, and the sequel didn't do as well as the first one.

Basically the current Spider man is about to go from being driven in a

5ada0a6819ee861a008b45e6-750-562.jpg

To having to drive a

cfa39b81e4f39c0cb0ecf224dd047826.jpg

And when Spider Man 3 drops we gonna be up in here like

:francis:

Amy Pascal literally said in an interview that Venom connected was in the same reality as the Spider-man movies, there was rumors that Tom Holland was on set and even shot scenes, people were def interested in Venom but the notion that you can make him the linchpin of the Spider-verse is non-sense. And they didn't have a viable Spider-man to build around until they gave him back to Marvel.

Soon as she leaves Mr. X-Men Origins and Fantastic Four 4 reboot steps in and kills everything. He's already devalued several Marvel IPs.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Did people really think Tom Holland was gonna stop getting those Spider-Man checks?

No one thought that bruh. Thats entirely the reason people are mad. WE KNOW Holland is gonna continue to be spidey. So with that knowledge and also knowing that new sony helmed films cant mention MCU events how the hell is this shyt gonna work?

Status
Not open for further replies.