Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or maybe the agree to name drop shyt just to keep continuity on both sides.

Pandora's box has already been open so it's not like they can close it.

Marvel has already set the trend of not including other avengers when it comes to threats in solo movies anyway.

I think this would make a lot of these people outraged with the decision a lot more accepting, iv seen they’ve kept the same writers onboard for SM3 so hopefully the quality won’t suffer that much.

Edit: But once again I’m seeing that talks are still ongoing lol someone just tag me if they male a deal

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
SM3 could've been lit on some John Wick shyt with villains comin outta the woodwork :mjcry:
Kraven: I’m not the flying bird guy or the magician so your days are numbered Spider-Man, and you don’t have the god or the big cat to help you either :ufdup:

Peter: Iv got this, an old friend once told me that another one of my old friends wouldn’t have sacrificed himself with the magic glove if he wasn’t sure I’d be able to handle myself :mjgrin:
:dead:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
That’s not horrible I suppose, obviously still not ideal, im guessing all of the supporting cast would remain except obviously happy?

May, Ned and MJ are all MCU iterations of those characters, even if they kept those actors they'd have to be different people. That's why Disney had to switch up so much shyt with the characters in the sharing agreement, making her Michelle Jones instead of Mary Jane means Sony still get's exclusive rights to the comic book accurate characters for if/when they decided to pull the plug.

For all this "who's the bad guy" shyt, this was Sony's plan all along really, ride the MCU's wave and dip after they restored the brand for them, that's way worse in my mind than Disney asking for a bigger cut (not 50/50) of the pie and more quality control moving forward in regards to the fans.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
May, Ned and MJ are all MCU iterations of those characters, even if they kept those actors they'd have to be different people. That's why Disney had to switch up so much shyt with the characters in the sharing agreement, making her Michelle Jones instead of Mary Jane means Sony still get's exclusive rights to the comic book accurate characters for if/when they decided to pull the plug.

For all this "who's the bad guy" shyt, this was Sony's plan all along really, ride the MCU's wave and dip after they restored the brand for them, that's way worse in my mind than Disney asking for a bigger cut (not 50/50) of the pie and more quality control moving forward in regards to the fans.
That’s some bullshyt lol makes sense tho :francis:

Edit: And as for that being Sony’s plan, if true they must of seen the outrage/backlash coming if they take him back but are no longer able to reference any of the events or even have the entire supporting cast come with him? It’s shyt like that that makes me think no matter what they’ll have to have a deal, because the only way that can be written around, even if he is a fugitive in hiding..is to completely reboot and start from scratch, which people will hate even more

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
That’s some bullshyt lol makes sense tho :francis:

it is.

And the whole journey in FFH was about Peter's stakes becoming personal. All the space/cosmic stuff was going to take a backseat to the the core paranoia of the character in regards to his family and friends, his personal life. So now that those characters don't exist, what's the motivation?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think this would make a lot of these people outraged with the decision a lot more accepting, iv seen they’ve kept the same writers onboard for SM3 so hopefully the quality won’t suffer that much.

There will be outrage regardless. The franchise was about to be F4 status, and rebooted in another 2 or 3 years before Marvel stepped in and breathed life into it. Marvel took the character to another level, artistically and commercially.

Now Sony is like :troll:, thanks Feige. We got things covered from hear. like they have a proven track record or something :mjpls:

Hopefully, they won't fukk it up. I never saw Venom, and even though fan boys felt it, I don't think it was probably hot as they say. Now Spiderman will be forced to mix and mingle with fukkery.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it is.

And the whole journey in FFH was about Peter's stakes becoming personal. All the space/cosmic stuff was going to take a backseat to the the core paranoia of the character in regards to his family and friends, his personal life. So now that those characters don't exist, what's the motivation?
Yeah man, if you look at my above post with the edit, I don’t actually see what they’re being left with for it to be worthwhile? without them rebooting which will hurt them even more? I’m almost positive with how much existing AND future story at stake here that a deal will be made, one of these company’s will eventually swallow their pride and take that L

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There will be outrage regardless. The franchise was about to be F4 status, and rebooted in another 2 or 3 years before Marvel stepped in and breathed life into it. Marvel took the character to another level, artistically and commercially.

Now Sony is like :troll:, thanks Feige. We got things covered from hear. like they have a proven track record or something :mjpls:

Hopefully, they won't fukk it up. I never saw Venom, and even though fan boys felt it, I don't think it was probably hot as they say. Now Spiderman will be forced to mix and mingle with fukkery.

Holy shyt that Venom film was trash :mjcry:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

Venom as is, is Transformers/Ninja Turtles reboot level of trash, that's exactly what it looks and feels like.

Meaning the CGI and the action is very Michael Bay/entertaining but as far as the actual movie goes, even the actors were complaining about it from the script to the final cut.

It was a hit because it was at least visually, a comic book accurate venom in comparison to the Spiderman 3 disaster. And just like the Transformers you could easily make enough money with that set up to justify making more films of the same quality.

How much more successful would a movie like Morbius be if Sony had a deal in place where they could use Blade in one of his films?

Now they're going to try and shoehorn Spider-man in to an already wack set up. Marvel/Feige wanted to co-finance and produce stuff like Venom and Morbius to ensure proper integration with the character, they wanted shyt to make sense and not devalue these characters for a cash grab which is Sony's M.O.

Last edited:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I loved spider/verse but that was a animated movie.

Saying sony now knows how to create a spiderman universe because the have seen feige do it with 2 movies is BS.

Im not going to cry about it, it sucks how it went but it is what it is.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I’m just bored of my favourite tv/film series either being thrown in the bushes or just straight up taking a fukking nosedive in quality brehs :beli:

Spider-Man finally being done right then pulled outta the MCU :snoop:

Daredevil :martin:

The Punisher :unimpressed:

The Last Jedi :pacspit:

Game Of Thrones final season :aicmon:

Walking Dead without Rick Grimes :shaq2:

Power fell off 2 seasons ago but still :comeon:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think I’m just bored of my favourite tv/film series either being thrown in the bushes or just straight up taking a fukking nosedive in quality brehs :beli:

Daredevil & The Punisher :martin:

"Breaking Bad" is back like Jordan wearing the 45 though breh.
BzDR3el.png

Fred.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Daredevil :martin:

The Punisher :unimpressed:

I hope Mr. Robot's final season sticks the landing. Judging by the previous seasons, Esmail gave me no reason to not have faith.

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I loved spider/verse but that was a animated movie.

Saying sony now knows how to create a spiderman universe because the have seen feige do it with 2 movies is BS.

Im not going to cry about it, it sucks how it went but it is what it is.

DC makes dope animated films, how is their "DCU" doing?

How many live action adaptations of animated films haven't been let downs as they lose something in translation between mediums?

Status
Not open for further replies.