Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, two questions

1. Is it 100% confirmed he’s out, iv seen what Kevin & Tom have said, but that just looks like PR shyt they’ve been told to say

2. If he actually is, can The MCU not mention him, as in they have to pretend in future MCU/Avenger films that he never existed? And vice Versa, will the Sony films have to ignore completely everything up to that point along with characters like happy?

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
So, two questions

1. Is it 100% confirmed he’s out, iv seen what Kevin & Tom have said, but that just looks like PR shyt they’ve been told to say

2. If he actually is, can The MCU not mention him, as in they have to pretend in future MCU/Avenger films that he never existed? And vice Versa, will the Sony films have to ignore completely everything up to that point along with characters like happy?
Yes and yes :francis: exactly why this is fukked up Sony gonna lose in the end they literally have to take a deal might even be 40/45 percent at this point

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes and yes :francis: exactly why this is fukked up Sony gonna lose in the end they literally have to take a deal might even be 40/45 percent at this point

Then I have literally no idea whatsoever on how they intend to make This work story/continuity wise? Fallout or not how on earth do both sides intend to have this make sense in either side :francis:

But then apparently Tom said during his panel that that plane scene with Happy in FFH is very pivotal to the next film? :jbhmm:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
how much is Spiderman worth to sony? 1 billion? 2 billion? 5 billion? can they cut a deal and get 1% of spiderman everything in perpetuaty after the big ass lumpsum?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So..

Peter was no longer mentored by Tony Stark, Doesn’t have an iron spider suit or the Edith glasses, he was never an avenger or fought Thanos, Happy, The person who got him back on his feet to fight mysterio never existed?

And..

Peter was one of the main reasons arguably the biggest character in the MCU sacrificed himself? That’s not the reason anymore, there was never a Spider-Man helping them keep the infinity gauntlet away from thanos?

what :mindblown:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how much is Spiderman worth to sony? 1 billion? 2 billion? 5 billion? can they cut a deal and get 1% of spiderman everything in perpetuaty after the big ass lumpsum?
They're making a billion per film (obv minus production costs) he’s def worth more than that in the long run imo, if they were ever gonna do a deal like that it would have to be way more than 1% too

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Tom Holland Says Spider-Man Movies Will Get “Bigger and Better” With New Character Crossovers

Despite Sony’s divorce from Disney-owned Marvel Studios, star Tom Holland says future Spider-Man movies are “only going to get bigger and better” after Spider-Man: Far From Home.

“It’s really exciting, the ideas we have for how we can expand the Spider-Man world and bring new characters into it, and crossover with other people, it’s really exciting,” Holland said at Keystone Comic Con in Philadelphia. “And it’s only going to get bigger and better from here, which is great.”

Holland also confirmed at the convention he’s not yet turning in his webs despite saying in 2017 he wouldn’t give up his “ticket” in Disney’s interconnected Marvel Cinematic Universe, where Spider-Man was for the first time knighted as a member of the Avengers.

“You know, I’d love to make a movie with Tom Hardy, and if we ever got the chance to make a Venom movie together, that would be super cool
,” Holland said in the 2017 interviewwhen asked about the then-upcoming Venom, set outside the MCU in Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters. “But his movie would have to take place in the MCU because I’m not giving up that ticket.”

But Sony — once rumored to “desperately” want a pairing between Holland’s Spidey and Hardy’s Venom in the Far From Home sequel — may get their wish: if a new deal isn’t reached, Disney-Marvel will no longer have a stake in Spider-Man on the big screen and the character will be dropped from the MCU.

Sony possesses the movie rights to roughly 900 Marvel Comics characters and is now in various stages of planning on numerous Spidey spinoffs, including Morbius, Kraven the Hunter and Black Cat. Whatever characters are planned for Spider-Man 3, Holland said the next movie will be “something very different.”

“There’s definitely more to come,” Holland said. “We sat down with some of our creatives. We pitched Spider-Man 3, which is going to be something very special, it’s going to be something very different. I’m just so grateful that Marvel changed my life and allowed my dreams to come true and Sony allowing me to continue living my dream. It’s a crazy week and it’s never been done before so we’ll see how it goes, and it’ll be as amazing and as fun.”

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
Then I have literally no idea whatsoever on how they intend to make This work story/continuity wise? Fallout or not how on earth do both sides intend to have this make sense in either side :francis:

But then apparently Tom said during his panel that that plane scene with Happy in FFH is very pivotal to the next film? :jbhmm:

They are gonna use Dr Strange to retcon this....His next movie includes the multiverse.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So..

Peter was no longer mentored by Tony Stark, Doesn’t have an iron spider suit or the Edith glasses, he was never an avenger or fought Thanos, Happy, The person who got him back on his feet to fight mysterio never existed?

And..

Peter was one of the main reasons arguably the biggest character in the MCU sacrificed himself? That’s not the reason anymore, there was never a Spider-Man helping them keep the infinity gauntlet away from thanos?

I'm assuming everything happened in the MCU and Sony's Spiderverse just no one will mention all the MCU stuff in the Sony movies and Marvel will have a throwaway line about him being in hiding due to the ending of FFH and then never mention the character again. It's easier for the MCU but doable for both.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
They probably not gonna do nothing as complex or as outrageous as everyone is predicting.

Marvel probably gonna treat Peter like Agent Coulsen (ie some new battle happens in NY and someone ask “Did you call the kid?” “Na, the kid’s in class taking his finals we can handle this”)

and Peter probably gonna act like one of the Netflix street characters (ie a villain like “I got you now Spidey and there’s no green guy or good soldier coming to save you now”

:russ:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm assuming everything happened in the MCU and Sony's Spiderverse just no one will mention all the MCU stuff in the Sony movies and Marvel will have a throwaway line about him being in hiding due to the ending of FFH and then never mention the character again. It's easier for the MCU but doable for both.

That’s not horrible I suppose, obviously still not ideal, im guessing all of the supporting cast would remain except obviously happy?

My OCD in 10 years when I cop the complete Marvel collection and only the first two Spider-Man films are included :picard:

...Or my OCD in 10 years when I cop the complete Spider-Man Collection and the first 2 films are missing :hhh:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They probably not gonna do nothing as complex or as outrageous as everyone is predicting.

Marvel probably gonna treat Peter like Agent Coulsen (ie some new battle happens in NY and someone ask “Did you call the kid?” “Na, the kid’s in class taking his finals we can handle this”)

and Peter probably gonna act like one of the Netflix street characters (ie a villain like “I got you now Spidey and there’s no green guy or good soldier coming to save you now”

:russ:
Kraven: I’m not the flying bird guy or the magician so your days are numbered Spider-Man, and you don’t have the god or the big cat to help you either :ufdup:

Peter: Iv got this, an old friend once told me that another one of my old friends wouldn’t have sacrificed himself with the magic glove if he wasn’t sure I’d be able to handle myself :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So..

And..

Or maybe the agree to name drop shyt just to keep continuity on both sides.

Pandora's box has already been open so it's not like they can close it.

Marvel has already set the trend of not including other avengers when it comes to threats in solo movies anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.