Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The stan war is gay but so is pretending that Sony has never done anything positive with the Spider-Man IP. Nobody in real life would say Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2 or Into the Spiderverse were wack.

I notice you changed your point from "looking for shyt" to "being triggered by" :mjgrin:

Thanks for proving my point, you can't even keep your own story straight lol
What point? That your eager to acknowledge these clowns

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think D23 is for straight Disney products, they'll be streaming stuff from other networks but they wouldn't be getting proper announcements at Disney events. Same team behind the Netflix shows will be launching stuff on Hulu and I'm crossing my fingers they at least bring DD and Luke Cage over for continuation.
Hopefully they can bring The Punisher back for Hulu too.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Just calling it like it is, so im a stan because i thought venom was ass and that morbius shyt sounds catwoman levels of bad? Idgaf I think you're just used to this gay ass stan war your getting triggered by shyt that isn't there
i dont know man...your opinion is different than mine so you must be a super stan :troll:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The stan war is gay but so is pretending that Sony has never done anything positive with the Spider-Man IP. Nobody in real life would say Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2 or Into the Spiderverse were wack.

I notice you changed your point from "looking for shyt" to "being triggered by" :mjgrin:

Thanks for proving my point, you can't even keep your own story straight lol

Fam you gotta stop being so disingenuous.

"People act like Sony has never done anything good with the franchise"....no people act like if Sony was so great at creating content for the character then the Marvel deal would've never existed in the first place.

Sony has had the rights for like 20 years and produced....3 good movies. Objectively good movies. Let's say 4. Let's say 2 out of the 4 ("Spider-Man 2" and "Spider-Verse") are great. That's objectively not a good track record.

Then on top of that....they did the Marvel deal in the first place....because the Sony Spider-Man movies weren't performing how they wanted....and they were so devoid of new ideas they contemplated doing an Aunt May movie.

For those same people....to have full rein of the characters....I honestly don't understand how anyone can think that's good.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Sony has had the rights for like 20 years and produced....3 good movies. Objectively good movies. Let's say 4. Let's say 2 out of the 4 ("Spider-Man 2" and "Spider-Verse") are great. That's objectively not a good track record.

How is it not a "good track record" ? Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 both broke records at the box office, some records that still stand to this day. They were both critically acclaimed and audiences loved them. Again, they broke records and it wasn't even close.. the shyt those movies did at the BO was unheard of in those days and if you adjust for inflation it's very impressive.

Spider-Man 3 was disliked by many people, at least the Venom shyt was. I believe critics still gave it favorable reviews even if I disagree. That adjusted for inflation would still be over a billion dollars at the box office.

So any way you look at it the trilogy was widely successful and it's indisputable.

The Garfield movies didn't do as well as they wanted. They didn't "flop" at all.. they didn't do what they wanted them to do and the team behind them was creatively bankrupt. I never said they weren't.

Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse is a Sony production. It was only a $90M budget. It made well over $300 million. It also won an Oscar and it's known as the best Spider-Man movie ever. It's not just "good"... it's a classic in every sense.

Venom, I didn't like it too much but it's not about me. It's not about you. It has a 80% approval on RT. Critics hated it, audiences you can't really say they hated it. It also made near $900M at the box office. Very successful.

My point is Sony's track record is actually very impressive and they have classics in there.. don't tell me people argued differently, the reason I've been in here replying back and forth is because people have been saying exactly what I said they've been saying.. :mjlol:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony pulled some trojan horse shyt on disney. Got Feige to come over show them how to cook it up break it down distribute it and stick to a storyline. All that american goodwill handshake deal didnt mean shyt to them and once the legal obligations were done told them to eat a dyck.

Now they got 3 successful franchises with spidey,venom and spiderverse. The spiderman license got enough characters for them to build their own universe and kevin showed them the blueprint. After thinking about this whole deal it can be beneficial for the fans either way now that disney got fox they can focus on that instead of trying to fit all them movies into their schedule. We could get a spiderman movie one month then an xmen the following month

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony pulled some trojan horse shyt on disney. Got Feige to come over show them how to cook it up break it down distribute it and stick to a storyline. All that american goodwill handshake deal didnt mean shyt to them and once the legal obligations were done told them to eat a dyck.

Now they got 3 successful franchises with spidey,venom and spiderverse. The spiderman license got enough characters for them to build their own universe and kevin showed them the blueprint. After thinking about this whole deal it can be beneficial for the fans either way now that disney got fox they can focus on that instead of trying to fit all them movies into their schedule. We could get a spiderman movie one month then an xmen the following month
Except spiderverse aside, Sony makes shyt movies

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except spiderverse aside, Sony makes shyt movies

Yea which is why they partnered with disney to learn how. U think they aint confident enough with the shyt they learned to tell disney to fukk themselves? I aint no fan boy i love a good movie no matter the studio and maybe its a good thing that spidey stays at sony. If they fukk it up he’ll be back for phase 8 or some shyt after x-men crush the buildings

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea which is why they partnered with disney to learn how. U think they aint confident enough with the shyt they learned to tell disney to fukk themselves? I aint no fan boy i love a good movie no matter the studio and maybe its a good thing that spidey stays at sony. If they fukk it up he’ll be back for phase 8 or some shyt after x-men crush the buildings
They made venom while Spider-Man was in the mcu... so no I don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.