Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
point is those "trash" Spidey movies still made bank. Agreeing to a 50/50 split with Disney puts them back in the same revenue range as the ASM films.

The Raimi series was fine until they forced him to add in Venom and we see what happened with that. All 3 Raimi joints would have made more bread than the MCU joints in today's money (fact). They'll agree to something, but nobody in their right mind is cool with going from 5% to fukkin 50%. GTFOH.
Well not enough bank if they wanted to partner with Disney.
I'm saying just saying the difference between sequels is due to the quality of movie and then general consensus is Venom wasn't good.
And who forced Raimi to add Venom? The same people in charge @ Sony now. :francis:

Hoping for the best but a wait and see attitude is warranted.
And the % of the deal is not something I'm interested in. If they get a deal done I would be happier but Sony can do what they want, it's their character. I just hope what they do on their own is good.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That was the point of FFH though, for him to grow up in the wake of The Avengers being disbanded and to become the front runner. And it ain't like it's not comic accurate in a way, Parker industries and all, he does kind of fill in that role on his own terms.

And Venom fukking sucks lol, if we going off box office I guess we can pretend that them Ninja Turtle/Transformer shyts were justifiable...that's exactly what Venom reminded me of.

What's entertaining to one isn't to someone else fam. Plenty of shyt I think is buns and people love it. Venom was entertaining and that's all most want :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Well not enough bank if they wanted to partner with Disney.
I'm saying just saying the difference between sequels is due to the quality of movie and then general consensus is Venom wasn't good.
And who forced Raimi to add Venom? The same people in charge @ Sony now. :francis:

Hoping for the best but a wait and see attitude is warranted.
And the % of the deal is not something I'm interested in. If they get a deal done I would be happier but Sony can do what they want, it's their character. I just hope what they do on their own is good.

Paschall doesn't run Sony pictures anymore. New CEO as well (was the CFO). They damn sure not getting over on him.

The expiring deal was only 5% so there wasn't a huge risk of losing money fir Sony. They offered 25 allegedly and Disney balked.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Paschall doesn't run Sony pictures anymore. New CEO as well (was the CFO). They damn sure not getting over on him.

The expiring deal was only 5% so there wasn't a huge risk of losing money fir Sony. They offered 25 allegedly and Disney balked.
She is still producing the Spiderman movies as well as Avi Arad and the CFO then is now the president. It's the same team.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
What is wrong with people in this thread, even if it's not "stanning" posts like these sure af look like stanning :manny:
Just calling it like it is, so im a stan because i thought venom was ass and that morbius shyt sounds catwoman levels of bad? Idgaf I think you're just used to this gay ass stan war your getting triggered by shyt that isn't there

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Just calling it like it is, so im a stan because i thought venom was ass and that morbius shyt sounds catwoman levels of bad? Idgaf I think you're just used to this gay ass stan war your looking for shyt that isn't there

The stan war is gay but so is pretending that Sony has never done anything positive with the Spider-Man IP. Nobody in real life would say Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2 or Into the Spiderverse were wack.

I notice you changed your point from "looking for shyt" to "being triggered by" :mjgrin:

Thanks for proving my point, you can't even keep your own story straight lol

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Enjoy your garbage ass spider man movies

Though I don’t agree that just cuz they won’t be MCU movies that equates to them being bad. Nor do I believe all the previous ones were bad.

But if StillFlow can make post like ones he makes. Nothing wrong with this post either

I’m just assuming it’s jokes and you not taking things seriously :lolbron:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real shyt if sony comes out with a spidey movie without the mcu it needs to be boycotted. I'm not even a spider-man fan but he belongs in the mcu. Having him in it and then not having him is stupid as fukk. I know disney got greedy but fukk that it's marvel shyt anyway. Sony spidey movie without the mcu needs to flop HARD so they would have no choice but to crawl back to Marvel.

Also, this is why I don't value money like that. It's literally the root of all evil. A good thing was ruined because some people wanted more money when they are already making BILLIONS. Disgusting.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
The stan war is gay but so is pretending that Sony has never done anything positive with the Spider-Man IP. Nobody in real life would say Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2 or Into the Spiderverse were wack.
It really amazes me how quick people are turning their back on Spider-man cause its not connected to the MCU. Lets see what happens first. I understand the Venom movie not being great but lets not act like all the Spiderman movies have been trash. As a matter fact Sony getting back Spiderman means more concentration on Spiderman villains.

Also any Spiderman related villain movie without Spidey is going to be trash

Status
Not open for further replies.