Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
dc cant get their shyt together despite having batman in their corner. how are they gonna stick it to anyone?

Aquaman made more than Cap 3 in the box office. Wonder Woman made over 800 million. Even Shazam! did well for its
budget.

So what is the problem with Sony flexing their muscle?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Venom is done by Sony.

You also bring up Deadpool, but MCU fans say Sony and Fox are trash.

Like Logan never existed.

Like the Raimi's Spider-Man 1 and 2 never existed.

Sony pimped Marvel to do their dirty work to a billion dollars. :yeshrug:
Well personally, I don't care what fans think... Spidey 1 & 2 were great at the time.. Deadpool 1 was great.. Logan was amazing.... I liked Venom cause he's always been my fav character, but that shyt was carried by Tom Hardy completely... And that's still only 4 hot films every 20 year avg

You can't count the last two Spidey cause that was Marvel with their hands in it... Sorry, I do not have any faith in someone shooting 25% to hit 100% on their next two shots... Ain't no damn way... Now marvel on the other hand, not only have the mcu to prop up any character and it's movies... You also have to do the reverse... Pick out the few shytty movies among countless good ones... And all their spidey's been great

No question who I want to take the reigns... As a matter of fact, why we even discussing this.... SONY would love for Marvel to keep helping.. If Marvel said "same deal", Sony would be dancing in the streets right now.. They want the help... They just want cheap labor

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Post the quote.

Iger hinted that these films won’t be released under the traditional Marvel or Disney banner. The company will make it an effort to ensure it is “carefully branding [R-rated films]…so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer,” Iger said.

So that was back in February.... not really a ringing endorsement...

And now this:

Disney Is Reportedly Struggling With How to Fit Deadpool Into the MCU

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Post the quote.

Iger hinted that these films won’t be released under the traditional Marvel or Disney banner. The company will make it an effort to ensure it is “carefully branding [R-rated films]…so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer,” Iger said.

So that was back in February.... not really a ringing endorsement...

And now this:

Disney Is Reportedly Struggling With How to Fit Deadpool Into the MCU
The only thing that changed from my article to yours is this line:

"“The goal is to find a way for the character to move seamlessly between Avengers spinoffs and bloody, profane stand-alone adventures,” according to the outlet."

So they still have R rated on the table... Who cares if it's under another label... It'll be under the Disney/Marvel umbrella, with the same team working on it.. Then he'll show up in some group up movie, and not cuss... Then go and do Deadpool 4 at Disney Black or some shyt, and be right back to cussing.. There is literally NO WAY to put out PG-13 Deadpools now.. That cat is out the bag

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If sony really wanted to stick it to disney they should give Warner Brothers that call :wow:

300px-Spider-Man_and_Batman_Vol_1_1_3062.jpg

can only imagine.... :wow:

2214731-SpiderManBatmanDisorderedMindsBatmanVSCarnage.jpg

Dawg...:russ:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Why ya'll keep bringing up Deadpool? Is Disney really gonna produce an R rated Deadpool movie? I guess I'll believe it when I see it :manny:

The only thing that changed from my article to yours is this line:

"“The goal is to find a way for the character to move seamlessly between Avengers spinoffs and bloody, profane stand-alone adventures,” according to the outlet."

So they still have R rated on the table... Who cares if it's under another label... It'll be under the Disney/Marvel umbrella, with the same team working on it.. Then he'll show up in some group up movie, and not cuss... Then go and do Deadpool 4 at Disney Black or some shyt, and be right back to cussing.. There is literally NO WAY to put out PG-13 Deadpools now.. That cat is out the bag

Disney + shows and movies are gonna rock with their more kid friendly format but they have a whole line up of TV shows that will drop on Hulu that are going to be more adult oriented, that's part of the reason they purchased it, so they could release shyt like Deadpool without it being a "disney" movie.

You could surmise Blade will get similar treatment.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Aquaman made more than Cap 3 in the box office. Wonder Woman made over 800 million. Even Shazam! did well for its
budget.

So what is the problem with Sony flexing their muscle?

how did the crossover movies do?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Naw your on some revisionist history. The first two Spider-Man movies were loved, the second being considered one of the greatest superhero movies in history. The Spider-Man flicks didn't bury the film genre, Batman and Robin did. It started making a comeback with Blade and X-Men but Spider-Man kicked off into high gear.

this the same forum that says people hate transformers movies yet they all do a billi :mjgrin:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
this the same forum that says people hate transformers movies yet they all do a billi :mjgrin:
This is a common argument... Quality vs Money grab

Transformers movies are fukking horrible. So bad that they been out for 13 years now, and still have zero direction in where it's going. They looking for another reboot/flashback cash cow in Bumblebee... And that'll be followed up with either more 80s/90s nostalgia money grabs.... Or a reboot for that

That's not what companies are trying to do. Yes they want to make a quick buck.. But they'd much rather set up a viable BRAND, that lets them put out half ass characters like GOTG and Antman, and still do crazy numbers... But at the same time, they can survive Thor 2 and Ironman 3, cause the brand is so strong, fans gonna keep coming back, even through a fukk up

On the other hand.... DC built a brand with TDK... Abandoned it thinking, lets start over, it's Batman, who cares.... And a string of shytty movies has them in shambles. Already talking changes and reboots and redoing the entire way they set up the DCU...

but they made big money though... Didn't matter in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.