Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
nope it was his manager/carer who was outed.. but you nikkas gonna be dense

Back in early February, fighting what he later called "a little bout of pneumonia," 95-year-old Stan Lee had an argument with his 67-year-old daughter, J.C. This was hardly unusual, but it seems to have been a breaking point.

The comic book legend — whose creative tenure at the helm of Marvel Comics beginning in New York in the early 1960s spawned Spider-Man, Black Panther and the X-Men and laid the foundation for superhero dominance in Hollywood that continues with the April 27 release of Avengers: Infinity War — sat in the office of his attorney Tom Lallas and signed a blistering declaration.

The Feb. 13 document, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, begins with some background, explaining that Lee and his late wife had arranged a trust for their daughter because she had trouble supporting herself and often overspent. "It is not uncommon for J.C. to charge, in any given month, $20,000 to $40,000 on credit cards, sometimes more," the document states. It goes on to describe how, when he and his daughter disagree — "which is often" — she "typically yells and screams at me and cries hysterically if I do not capitulate."

Lee explains that J.C. will, "from time to time," demand changes to her trust, including the transfer of properties into her name. He has resisted such changes, he states, because they "would greatly increase the likelihood of her greatest fear: that after my death, she will become homeless and destitute."

According to Herman — whose active Hollywood client list he keeps private but who previously worked for Johnny Carson and Frank Sinatra — J.C. then roughly grabbed her mother by one arm, shoving her against a window. Joanie fell to the carpeted floor. Lee, seated in a nearby chair and looking stunned, told J.C. he was cutting her off: "I'm going to stick you in a little apartment and take away all your credit cards!" Herman recalls Lee shouting. "I've had it, you ungrateful bytch!" In "a rage," J.C. took hold of Lee's neck, slamming his head against the chair's wooden backing. Joanie suffered a large bruise on her arm and burst blood vessels on her legs; Lee had a contusion on the rear of his skull. (J.C. has previously denied the incident.)

Shortly afterward, allegedly at Joanie's behest, Herman took photos that purport to show her injuries, which he shared with THR (another visitor to the house shortly thereafter confirms the wounds). Herman contends the parents asked him not to pursue the matter with police, wary of publicity and law enforcement for their daughter, whom they viewed as emotionally fragile and who they told intimates was still haunted — even as a senior citizen herself — by the bullying of her childhood.

Stan Lee Needs a Hero: Elder Abuse Claims and a Battle Over the Aging Marvel Creator

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony Reportedly Wasn't Even Willing to Give Disney a 30 Percent Stake in Spider-Man

So....where is this :damn: "Disney wanted 50%!" coming from?

And as far as :damn: "Disney is greedy, they took all the money from merch!":

'Spider-Man' Standoff: Why Sony Thinks It Doesn't Need "Kevin's Playbook" Anymore

There was also the unique merchandising arrangement. Sony had earlier relinquished the merchandising rights to Disney for a one-time payment of $175 million.

So again....what are cats talking about?

Fred.

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
fukk this revision history the first 3 spider man movies almost buried the comic book live action movie genre

They were not loved. Damn near boo’d. I was in high school when they came out everyone hated these movies in my age group

Iron man and batman saved the genre. This the same forum that thinks Wu Tang was bigger than bone thugs in the 90s despite coming out same time and selling 20 million less records in the same time span :mjlol: i know better than to take anyone opinion here seriously on something i lived and experienced myself

They made $ cause it was a reintroduction to comic book movies with big budget and spider man nAme attached

The movies were trash

:russ: This man is delusional

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
fukk this revision history the first 3 spider man movies almost buried the comic book live action movie genre

They were not loved. Damn near boo’d. I was in high school when they came out everyone hated these movies in my age group

Iron man and batman saved the genre. This the same forum that thinks Wu Tang was bigger than bone thugs in the 90s despite coming out same time and selling 20 million less records in the same time span :mjlol: i know better than to take anyone opinion here seriously on something i lived and experienced myself

They made $ cause it was a reintroduction to comic book movies with big budget and spider man nAme attached

The movies were trash
Naw your on some revisionist history. The first two Spider-Man movies were loved, the second being considered one of the greatest superhero movies in history. The Spider-Man flicks didn't bury the film genre, Batman and Robin did. It started making a comeback with Blade and X-Men but Spider-Man kicked off into high gear.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Lee, seated in a nearby chair and looking stunned, told J.C. he was cutting her off: "I'm going to stick you in a little apartment and take away all your credit cards!" Herman recalls Lee shouting. "I've had it, you ungrateful bytch!"

Just imagining Stan Lee saying that has me :dead:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i need a list of all the spiderman characters still under sonys umbrella?

can disney just buy back spiderman spiderman and all the characters.. not sony ss a whole ofcourse.. it wiuld be an overpay .. maybe even trade fox(non marvel portion) for spiderman ? just spitballing

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

parallax

Superstar
Daps
i need a list of all the spiderman characters still under sonys umbrella?

can disney just buy back spiderman spiderman and all the characters.. not sony ss a whole ofcourse.. it wiuld be an overpay .. maybe even trade fox(non marvel portion) for spiderman ? just spitballing

all the spider man characters all. all the spidermen and associated characters(except for spider woman, shes not associated with spider man to begin wirh

Status
Not open for further replies.