Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The entire reason they casted Tom Holland was for him to be the MCU "Harry Potter" and "Grow" into his role. They have every intention on Tom being Spidey for the next 6-8 years. Disney is not letting him go.

They didn't expect Sony to play Hardball so here we are. But Disney put too much into spidey at this point. So yea play ball!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Did Marvel really think that Sony was gonna give them Spidey after they hit a Billi? Around knew they were gonna run once the hit the mark

First 3 Spideys (Maguires) are easily over a billi with today's prices (Facts). :yeshrug:

Disney being greedy. How you trying to go from 5% to 50%. :mjlol:

Venom just did 856 mill on a 100 mill budget.

And Spiderverse was amazing. (no pun intended :troll: )

Iger smoking crack. fukk outta my face wanting half. :laff:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
First 3 Spideys (Maguires) are easily over a billi with today's prices (Facts). :yeshrug:

Disney being greedy. How you trying to go from 5% to 50%. :mjlol:

Venom just did 856 mill on a 100 mill budget.

Iger smoking crack.

Disney broke the Hollywood BO record before the they even reached the middle of the year, yet they want 50% of the BO from Spidey on top of their merch sales which are already cray :dwillhuh:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Sony basically said thanks for the alley oop but we got it from here...
i thought the deal was 3 spidey films .. guess it was 2 .. or was it just 5 appearances within MCU lore...

will they even keep the "HOME" in the titles now .. was that Feige's idea

edit: did a little googling... its five MCU appearances..

CW, IW, Endgame, Homecoming, FFH

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Nah breh, Venom almost brought in a billy on its own, and that's what a typical marvel spiderman does.....

Sony rather make that shyt on their own then split it
Gonna regress back to the mean. People saw that shytty Venom movie just cause it’s the first Venom movie. People won’t flock to the next one like that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I get the money aspect. Really do. Disney gets 5 percent on the first dollar made and they get all the merchandising dollars. And as Lucas and space balls taught us, merchandise is where the money is. But walking away from the table without a counter offer is dumb and clearly trying to call their bluff. While Rothman is also blind to the PR shyt storm coming his way to boot.

they’ll be back to the table and all this will be dealt with. Too much money to be made and Spider-Man is way too ingrained in that universe at this point. Actively going against what’s worked and what the people have shown they want us bad business.
Yeah, the internet is going to shyt all over Sony. lol It's gonna be hilarious.
Thinking of the after credits scene of Far From Home the MCU can just say Peter Parker went into hiding.
Sony now has to make consistently good Spiderman movies to keep the brand up.
I think Sony needs Marvel more but I understand Disney was trying to bend them over.
Upset there will be no Norman Osbourne in the MCU. Dark Reign would have been great.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Disney broke the Hollywood BO record before the they even reached the middle of the year, yet they want 50% of the BO from Spidey on top of merch sales which are already cray :dwillhuh:

Iger.....

Sony's new CEO was the CFO, you know damn well he ain't going from 5% to 50%. :mjlol:

and with Disney agenda dudes, the next movie could be flames but they gonna hate and be mad. Venom already proved the cumguzzlers wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.