Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
tobey byke!
giphy.gif

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Sony’s goofy asses need to come to a compromise. They need this more than Marvel. They can’t do this shyt on their own. Without the MCU? Smh
Nah breh, Venom almost brought in a billy on its own, and that's what a typical marvel spiderman does.....

Sony rather make that shyt on their own then split it

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It's fukked up but Disney are the ones that need to cave here not Sony.

But im sure something is gonna give. Spdiey is too integral to the MCU at this point. Especially after Far from home.

After getting back X-men and F4 there's no way they gonna lose Spidey again. Lets just wait this out.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Something's going to get done. Both parties put too many eggs in the MCU Spiderman to then pull out cold turkey.

Peter's entire development is wrapped in Tony Stark, from his aunt dating Happy, to his suit technology, and involvement in the Avengers.

I can't see any Spiderman movie being made from their end where they just ignore all of that. If anything, they'd have to start over with a new continuity Spiderman and I just can't see them doing that. Edit: And per the news release, they won't.

Something gotta give. Someone will budge.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's fukked up but Disney are the ones that need to cave here not Sony.

But im sure something is gonna give. Spdiey is too integral to the MCU at this point. Especially after Far from home.

After getting back X-men and F4 there's no way they gonna lose Spidey again. Lets just wait this out.
I think that what the bosses over at sony were banking on disney putting too many of there eggs in the spider-man basket ,

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah breh, Venom almost brought in a billy on its own, and that's what a typical marvel spiderman does.....

Sony rather make that shyt on their own then split it

Sony did that once. The MCU got like 7-8 movies that broke $1 billion. A couple that did $2 billion.

And Sony's biggest success with Spider-Man....is with Marvel.

So....yeah. This is basically Jay telling Cam "the only time you went plat, my chain was around your neck."

I read those leaked emails from Sony breh....they had no idea what to do with the character. Granted a few people got moved around, so it's not the exact same team as back then....but they went to Marvel in the first place because they hit a wall with Spider-Man. One successful Venom movie doesn't inspire faith in me, that they won't run the franchise into the ground again.

Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.