DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Niccas didn't know who Avengers were in the 90s. And I tell the story all the time, the avengers were lame.

David hasseloff nick fury- lame
Thor - lame, Norse mythology gross, lame and boring, greeks and Romans effed more.
Purple suit guy that just shoots arrows lame.
Obviously captain America lame.
Hulk kinda cool, iron man got to wear an iron chest just to breathe and he flies that's cool.

So with the justice society, you got to start somewhere.
i agree there’s no one way to establish your hero group. Not everyone needs to follow the Avengers build up. But you need to establish the world they inhabit and the DCEU’s main problem is that MOS never established a solid foundation.

The JSA don’t have a reason to exist in a world of the Justice League.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No emotional stakes ( which cuts down on repeat viewings from theater goers) and DC fans, despite being the loudest people on social media, dont support movies the way their shyt talking makes you think they do.
Honestly the Shazam tie in woulda helped and then have the “cameo” be in the new Shazam movie

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
No emotional stakes ( which cuts down on repeat viewings from theater goers) and DC fans, despite being the loudest people on social media and the coli, dont support movies the way their shyt talking makes you think they do.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Why is this struggling to breakeven? can somebody give a concise reason. It's not an ATG movie but a decent watch and I expected the factor of the Rock being in a comic book movie would see it perform better
There doesn't seem to be a lot of word of mouth buzz to it. I'm the only person in my office who has seen it and nobody I talked to other than my mom wants to see it. I thought Black Adam would have a stronger 2nd week.

morris

Superstar
Daps
There doesn't seem to be a lot of word of mouth buzz to it. I'm the only person in my office who has seen it and nobody I talked to other than my mom wants to see it. I thought Black Adam would have a stronger 2nd week.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea, with how front-loaded superhero films typically are, I am kinda surprised it's only done 270m global (on a 200m budget) after 3 weeks. Gives the impression that the hype may not have been as strong.

As is, makes me think it'll round out in the 400-450 mil range. Apples to oranges but Shang Chi was 430m; Thor 4 was 760m; Batman was 770m; and DS2 was 955m. Maybe it is China.. altho Shang Chi and Thor 4 were banned from China and The Batman severely underperformed there bc half the theaters were closed due to COVID.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Oh yeah. That's a big reason. China really doesn't fukk with magic of any kind.
I don't think that's it. The first Dr. Strange as not banned. It has to do with Pierce Brosnan and his association with the Daili Lama (sp).

Funny b/c the movie is performing based on opening day numbers (the highest of The Rock's career)