Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i want a hawkman movie

or a hawkman / fate film

they had a great back and forth, and you could feel the history there

and that hawkman suit was fukking sick...the DCAU version they had to rival Hawkgirl was wack

Facts. It's a shame he's in DC. He would easily be the top character in Marvel if his movies were done right.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're shockingly full of shyt

Hobbs and Shaw opened at $60, cost the same $200mm, and ended at $760mm. There wasn't a number it would've hit that you would've said was a success.

Rock is the biggest box office draw in hollywood other than a rejuvenated Tom Cruise right now, and this was his biggest weekend ever...with no holiday or anything...

this is a win

EDIT: and BTW already hit $73mm internationally and is at $140mm globally.

I talked shyt before about the Rock not having his own franchise but, he might finally got one :ehh:

This gonna easily do numbers.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Facts. It's a shame he's in DC. He would easily be the top character in Marvel if his movies were done right.

Problem is, The Rock wouldn't be in MCU anyway, since Vin Diesel is in the GotG franchise. Their beef is on that *on sight* scrapping :huhldup:

Them scrapping on front of a green screen on a MCU movie would be bad publicity for both of them.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:unimpressed: Pure mid.

All the non hero characters were pure trash.

Villain was pure trash.

Jokes fell flat.

Fate was the best part of the movie.

Rock came out the gate hitting nikkas with fatalities though. :ehh:

Last edited:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I think I saw a different movie than the rest of y'all, cause this was the worst superhero movie I've seen as an adult.

This was even worse than Thor 1,2, and 4. Worse than Eternals.

This even made Suicide Squad #1 look good.

Acting
  • Brother from Leverage - was doing way too much. "Beat his ass" *groan*
  • Rothstein and Sista Gurl - why are they even having some BS relationship.
  • James Bond Sr. Held it Down.
  • The Rock acted like a Rock. Like a less funny Drax.
  • Sarah Shahi looking good tho
  • Eff that kid (plus he need to pick a stance - he's goofy foot when the camera is on him, and regular foot when he's doing tricks)
I didn't mind all of the exposition.
I stopped being impressed with CGI sometime after the 3rd Transformers movie.
The fights was cool. (although it's only faceless mooks getting BlackAdam'd)

But when the movie ends the first time - why does Big Dweezy choose to give up his powers?

They got all these millions for Dr. Fate set pieces - but they can't write a script that makes sense?

Why people make the choices they do is the heart of the movie, imo.
I went in expecting an action flick and thats what I got. Also, you mentioned Eternals and that movie was pretty good to me. Multiverse of Madness was absolute dogshyt to me though. Not worse than that fantastic four movIe with MBJ which one of the worst movies Ive ever seen period.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I enjoyed it. Great action though cgi heavy. Basically dragon ball z fight sequences. I think Dwayne did great and I really enjoyed the justice super friends whatever the name is. I love the look of both hawkman and dr fate. And I enjoyed the chemistry of cyclone and atom man.

The last half hour got hella sloppy and the antagonist was just pure wackness. Really took me out in some parts. The kid was annoying as fukk. But man Sarah shahi rekindled my crush from 15 years ago. She needs to be in more roles.

7.5/10. Definitely recommend.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
This wasn't a bad movie.

So you mean to tell me that despite Intergang coming through, taking over this area and keeping these people subjugated that we're supposed to root for Justice Society? America, fukk yeah.

Was Black Adam supposed to just stay in suspended animation as Waller's nuclear option for Superman or something?

Good to see Cavill by the way.

Cyclone and Atom Smasher were cute.

Dr. Fate :wow:

Hawkman :takedat: