DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Just saw this bullshyt with my wife. We almost left the theater. If it wasn't for the Rock we probably would've walked out in the middle of this shyt.

Idk why DC can't seem to get their franchises together and I'm not even comparing it to Marvel. Just as a Super Hero/AntiHero movie it was Cherokee Ass Cheeks.

The writing was really bad and the characters outside of the Doctor guy were awful. I hated that little kid. The final battle was anticlimactic and ended abruptly.

I'm not familiar with the Black Adam comics or lore but did the son really give his powers to his dad? Wtf for? I didn't understand that part at all.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Just saw this bullshyt with my wife. We almost left the theater. If it wasn't for the Rock we probably would've walked out in the middle of this shyt.

Idk why DC can't seem to get their franchises together and I'm not even comparing it to Marvel. Just as a Super Hero/AntiHero movie it was Cherokee Ass Cheeks.

The writing was really bad and the characters outside of the Doctor guy were awful. I hated that little kid. The final battle was anticlimactic and ended abruptly.

I'm not familiar with the Black Adam comics or lore but did the son really give his powers to his dad? Wtf for? I didn't understand that part at all.
I haven’t kept up with all the reboots but I’m pretty sure all of them have the same version. The Wizard gave it to Teth then realized it was a mistake.

That’s why he waited until Billy came along to trust someone else with the power

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why is this struggling to breakeven? can somebody give a concise reason. It's not an ATG movie but a decent watch and I expected the factor of the Rock being in a comic book movie would see it perform better
  • DC's legacy of failure with anything non-Batman
  • Release scheduling
  • No Shazam tie-in/fight/cameo
  • No cacs starring
  • Lots of Black and Brown people whooping cacs the whole movie
  • Mediocre villain

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i watched a bootleg of this. when i was leaving BP the other day i noticed the next theater had a screening of Black Adam just starting, and i literally grabbed the handle to sneak in, but decided against it. don't need to spend 2 hours seeing this on the big screen

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is this struggling to breakeven? can somebody give a concise reason. It's not an ATG movie but a decent watch and I expected the factor of the Rock being in a comic book movie would see it perform better

I thought it broke even already.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Because people dont care about Black Adam and The Rock made sure they didnt tie it in directly to Shazam.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Because people dont care about Black Adam and The Rock made sure they didnt tie it in directly to Kazaam.
he won’t give Shaq his due :mjcry:
xqx7t3kpvxn91.jpg

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Out on the internet's and better than everything in Phase 4. Come at me!!!!